****The official lookahead: Jets 2008 Draft/FA Thread****

gangreenman

Cap-wise we're in outstanding shape. But fans are not interested in saving Woody's money. We want players. So now that the cap space is there, go f'ing use it so I don't need to see Adrian Clarke & Anthony Clement (among others) starting anymore.

I couldn't agree with this more. Saving money under the cap in the NFL is an abomination. Upgrading Clarke and Clement was what I wanted to do this offseason. Funny thing is, the first guy I think of like them on D is Kenyon Coleman and he and Clement have probably been their best FA signings to date.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have Leon who is a good back, but with his size is more of a 3rd down back ala Faulk.

TJ is 30 years old and will never be confused with Jim Brown,

RB is a need on this team, do you actually watch the games?

Ok and as long as we have an o-line that still can't run block it won't matter who we put back there.

Ok and as long as we have an o-line that still can't run block it won't matter who we put back there.

I agree with that. Although it sure as hell wouldnt hurt to ahve quality back there. What Im saying is RB is the on eposition were players very suddenly almost overnight go from good to finished. Thats the harsh reality of this league.

I wouldnt bank on Jones, even with a line, producing too much next season. I would like us to take a shot at McFadden, he is the kind of guy we could build our offence around for years. I think he is something special, some may disagree but from what I've seen and in comparison to other backs that I've seen in CFB (Bush,Peterson etc.) I really do think this kids the real deal.

I agree with that. Although it sure as hell wouldnt hurt to ahve quality back there. What Im saying is RB is the on eposition were players very suddenly almost overnight go from good to finished. Thats the harsh reality of this league.

I wouldnt bank on Jones, even with a line, producing too much next season. I would like us to take a shot at McFadden, he is the kind of guy we could build our offence around for years. I think he is something special, some may disagree but from what I've seen and in comparison to other backs that I've seen in CFB (Bush,Peterson etc.) I really do think this kids the real deal.

I disagree about McFadden and will continue to do so until he proves differently in the NFL (which will never happen). The only time he has played a good defense this season was against Auburn. How did he fare that game? 42 yards on 17 attempts and no TDs isn't particulary impressive.

I disagree about McFadden and will continue to do so until he proves differently in the NFL (which will never happen). The only time he has played a good defense this season was against Auburn. How did he fare that game? 42 yards on 17 attempts and no TDs isn't particulary impressive.

Your judging him on 1 game???

Good D or not, everyone has bad days!!!

We will see next year.

Your judging him on 1 game???

Good D or not, everyone has bad days!!!

We will see next year.

I've know the rest of his games, but they aren't exactly against top defenses. His one game against a really good defense just happens to be a bad day? It has nothing to do with the fact he didn't do as well against a good defense.

I'm not even sure he's the pro prospect Thomas Jones was coming out of Virginia. Jones' build was much more "NFL-like" & this kid just seems scrawny. 6'2/205? What NFL RB is built like that?

I'm sure the kid is tremendously talented, but no one is THAT fast that he can simply run around everyone at the pro level.

I'm not even sure he's the pro prospect Thomas Jones was coming out of Virginia. Jones' build was much more "NFL-like" & this kid just seems scrawny. 6'2/205? What NFL RB is built like that?

I'm sure the kid is tremendously talented, but no one is THAT fast that he can simply run around everyone at the pro level.

Ted Ginn, Jr.?

ESPN has upped him to 212 in their draft rankings. Those 7 pounds must make a whole world of difference. :yawn:

Archived