#97 Frank Okam

Pragmatic Bus

To play what position? He's no 3-4 nose tackle. 320 lbs is fine if it's on a player 3-4" shorter. He really doesn't fit at all in the 3-4 as either a NT or an end.

A 6'5" nose tackle for the 3-4 should be a minimum of 340-350 lbs (generally speaking).

I'd much rather look at Raji who won't cost a top-10 pick & is much more aptly suited for the 3-4 at 6'1/340.

To play what position? He's no 3-4 nose tackle. 320 lbs is fine if it's on a player 3-4" shorter. He really doesn't fit at all in the 3-4 as either a NT or an end.

A 6'5" nose tackle for the 3-4 should be a minimum of 340-350 lbs (generally speaking).

I'd much rather look at Raji who won't cost a top-10 pick & is much more aptly suited for the 3-4 at 6'1/340.

he is ideal for DE spot but if he adds more weight he could play NT

Exactly, he's big just not wide enough.

He could play end, but he may be a little heavy. I suppose a summer with Mangini & he'll shed off some baby fat.

Hell he burned pounds off DRob & Pouha when they were being moved to NT.

it doesnot matter he is a blue chip player who we can draft even if we trade down assuming we will have a top ten pick

I'm pretty sure Raji is out for the year and has decided as a result to return for another year. At least thats what i saw on nfldraftcountdown.com, but I agree when he enters the draft he is the kind of guy we need to get.

I'm pretty sure Raji is out for the year and has decided as a result to return for another year. At least thats what i saw on nfldraftcountdown.com, but I agree when he enters the draft he is the kind of guy we need to get.

I read that he's not playing b/c he's academically ineligible. Never saw anything about any injury he sustained.

Or we could draft Okam and go back to a 4-3 scheme where he lines up next to Robertson and protects Vilma and David Harris. All of a sudden our front 7 on defense would look a lot better.

Or we could draft Okam and go back to a 4-3 scheme where he lines up next to Robertson and protects Vilma and David Harris. All of a sudden our front 7 on defense would look a lot better.

But you want Bill Cowher here. the guy who has employed a 3-4 D for 15 years. Which is it, bro?

Yeah, that occurred to me as well. Maybe if he gets a merit badge in boxing-film-appreciation then we might take a shot on him.

As long as he knows "character, process, and that's a coaches decision, he'll be ok with Mangini. Oh, and lets not forget about "works hard."

Archived