The NFLs Global Expansion

CobraVerde

I personally hate it. Now theres rumors flying around that maybe theyll expand it to 17 games so that every team gets 1 international game as well as expand the teams so that there are international teams. WTF? When did this crap get out of hand? I seriously hate Goodell for trying to force feed the NFL to the world. The Super Bowl is already a global event covered by the world press. If you want to have international NFL teams thats what NFL Europe was for and what happend to that? I dont think the world deserves anything good from the United States right now. there is way too much anti-American sentiment and i think we need to pull away from a global market until US is viewed differently. We pour so much into the international market and all we get back is Down with the US! Death to America! man f the global market right now...

keep our boys home and focus on making this country great. let the rest of the world deal with their own problem so they realize how much the US means to international stability.

Dude Im not rying to get political or anything but stop acting so selfish. Its great what the NFL is doing IMO, why do you have to act like "its ours, we thought it up, no one else can have it."

Theres no problem with it, its not doing anyone any harm. Fans over here should get to enjoy the NFL live too ya know.

Yeah, the SB would be way way too far!!!!

No problem with this though,you may be surprised to hear this but there are a lot and I mean a lot of incredibly enthusiastic and very knowledgable NFL fans throughout the UK. They deserve to see some live Reg. Season games.

Dude Im not rying to get political or anything but stop acting so selfish. Its great what the NFL is doing IMO, why do you have to act like "its ours, we thought it up, no one else can have it."

Theres no problem with it, its not doing anyone any harm. Fans over here should get to enjoy the NFL live too ya know.

I have an issue with it, but not why you may think. The are tons of areas in the United States that do not even get a sniff of an NFL football game, namely Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oregon, etc.. We should be catering to those areas before going abroad.

I personally hate it. Now theres rumors flying around that maybe theyll expand it to 17 games so that every team gets 1 international game as well as expand the teams so that there are international teams. WTF? When did this crap get out of hand? I seriously hate Goodell for trying to force feed the NFL to the world. The Super Bowl is already a global event covered by the world press. If you want to have international NFL teams thats what NFL Europe was for and what happend to that? I dont think the world deserves anything good from the United States right now. there is way too much anti-American sentiment and i think we need to pull away from a global market until US is viewed differently. We pour so much into the international market and all we get back is Down with the US! Death to America! man f the global market right now...

keep our boys home and focus on making this country great. let the rest of the world deal with their own problem so they realize how much the US means to international stability.

Not gonna get into a political argument here, but you are suggesting taking an isolationist approach to international diplomacy and commerce until the US is better liked by the rest of the world? lol, yeah, thats worked very well for North Korea and other countries throughout history

I have an issue with it, but not why you may think. The are tons of areas in the United States that do not even get a sniff of an NFL football game, namely Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oregon, etc.. We should be catering to those areas before going abroad.

It does suck for those that have no pro teams, but it would be tough to support teams in such tiny markets, and as you are aware i am sure, markets are not just population, but the big money businesses in the area that pump the big bucks into a franchise with advertising, sponsorship, and luxury box rentals. Teams like the Packers are exceptions to the rule with their special ownership structure and IMMENSE history and prominence in the league from the beginning, and probably not able to be duplicated in other small markets. IT just is not feasible to have that many markets in the US for football teams, the pie is only so large, eventually you just end up cutting it into smaller slices.

It does suck for those that have no pro teams, but it would be tough to support teams in such tiny markets, and as you are aware i am sure, markets are not just population, but the big money businesses in the area that pump the big bucks into a franchise with advertising, sponsorship, and luxury box rentals. Teams like the Packers are exceptions to the rule with their special ownership structure and IMMENSE history and prominence in the league from the beginning, and probably not able to be duplicated in other small markets. IT just is not feasible to have that many markets in the US for football teams, the pie is only so large, eventually you just end up cutting it into smaller slices.

I'm not saying to give those areas a full time regular team, but if we are going the 17 game route, have the nearest local team play one game a year in that market. Ie. SEA plays that "17th" game in Oregon.

I'm not saying to give those areas a full time regular team, but if we are going the 17 game route, have the nearest local team play one game a year in that market. Ie. SEA plays that "17th" game in Oregon.

That would be cool for those people, but then the NFL is competing with the NCAA teams, which usually are pretty entrenched in a lot of those markets. Besides, i would think there would be more money in playing that game in another country, and give the game of american football greater exposure in a country that has extremely little. At the end of the games if an area of the country doesn't have a pro team presence, it probably at least has a strong college presence.

I do agree with you that it would be great to open it up to those markets here in the US, but from a revenue standpoint I can understand why they want to open up the game worldwide.

It's a great idea. If they did expand to 17 games, figure, immediately, Los Angeles gets 6-7 games a year, making expansion or moving a team there unnecessary.Heck they could sell season tickets in LA to the package and make a mint.

So you'd have another 10 or 11 games to divvy up. Toronto(probably 2 games), Mexico City and Tokyo get a game every year. Vancouver, Montreal, Dublin(Croke Park might be the nicest stadium I've ever seen by a lot), Melbourne or Sydney, Honolulu, Berlin and London might get a game on a rotating basis. It works. it expands the brand, it solves LA and it probably creates tourism for Americans to see other cities every year.

Keep in mind-Sky TV in Europe(and I suspect what ever the big tv company is Australia is) and Directv are part of the same company under Murdoch's News Corp. I have no idea if they sell Sunday Ticket overseas, but these games played in the foreign markets could be advertising for an eventual goldmine for the NFL.

That would be cool for those people, but then the NFL is competing with the NCAA teams, which usually are pretty entrenched in a lot of those markets. Besides, i would think there would be more money in playing that game in another country, and give the game of american football greater exposure in a country that has extremely little. At the end of the games if an area of the country doesn't have a pro team presence, it probably at least has a strong college presence.

I do agree with you that it would be great to open it up to those markets here in the US, but from a revenue standpoint I can understand why they want to open up the game worldwide.

Agreed on the revenue issue. I think that they can easily fill a stadium once a year in the areas within the US, but the marketing money is obviously going to be greater oversees. My issue is how it will undoubtedly affect the teams that go there, which in turn will affect the outcome of seasons year by year. London is one thing, but what happens when they decide to play in Japan, China, Russia, etc... Whoever gets stuck with that is going to need a heck of alot more than a 2 week bye to get over the travel issue.

It's a great idea. If they did expand to 17 games, figure, immediately, Los Angeles gets 6-7 games a year, making expansion or moving a team there unnecessary.Heck they could sell season tickets in LA to the package and make a mint.

So you'd have another 10 or 11 games to divvy up. Toronto(probably 2 games), Mexico City and Tokyo get a game every year. Vancouver, Montreal, Dublin(Croke Park might be the nicest stadium I've ever seen by a lot), Melbourne or Sydney, Honolulu, Berlin and London might get a game on a rotating basis. It works. it expands the brand, it solves LA and it probably creates tourism for Americans to see other cities every year.

You are now my favourite poster!!!:thumbup:

Agree, it is awesome.:cool0043:

You are now my favourite poster!!!:thumbup:

Agree, it is awesome.:cool0043:

Giants Stadium is by no means a dump compared to the other football stadiums I've been to and seen. But by comparison to Croke Park, it's an outhouse. Just a beautiful place. Did Boston College and Notre Dame play an NCAA game there sometime in the 1990s?

Giants Stadium is by no means a dump compared to the other football stadiums I've been to and seen. But by comparison to Croke Park, it's an outhouse. Just a beautiful place. Did Boston College and Notre Dame play an NCAA game there sometime in the 1990s?

Yeah there was a CFB game there, thought it was Notre Dame-Army but not sure. Will look it up.

Agreed on the revenue issue. I think that they can easily fill a stadium once a year in the areas within the US, but the marketing money is obviously going to be greater oversees. My issue is how it will undoubtedly affect the teams that go there, which in turn will affect the outcome of seasons year by year. London is one thing, but what happens when they decide to play in Japan, China, Russia, etc... Whoever gets stuck with that is going to need a heck of alot more than a 2 week bye to get over the travel issue.

Ehh, the travel isn't as big a deal as they make it out to be, they just head out a few days ahead and they are fine. Also, these guys would not be flying like we would in steerage, flying first class is a totally different experience. I would think west coast teams would head to asia, and east coast teams would head to europe, and midwest teams would head south to latin america.

Last year inside of 30 days i was on 4 continents attending trade shows and working 12-16 hour days non stop, and i travelled in coach and never slept and i was not paid a fraction of an nfl player's salary. They would be fine.

Ehh, the travel isn't as big a deal as they make it out to be, they just head out a few days ahead and they are fine. Also, these guys would not be flying like we would in steerage, flying first class is a totally different experience. I would think west coast teams would head to asia, and east coast teams would head to europe, and midwest teams would head south to latin america.

Last year inside of 30 days i was on 4 continents attending trade shows and working 12-16 hour days non stop, and i travelled in coach and never slept and i was not paid a fraction of an nfl player's salary. They would be fine.

True, but then a again the only real energy you have to exert is an occasional smack on the ass or the incredible challenge of holding a girl's hair back (admittedly some Jersey girls do have big and heavy hair) while she "services" you. These guys gotta go and grapple with 300lb men for 2.5 hours. It will definitely take a toll.

Wouldnt College teams on the west coast who would have to play, say Hawaii have to travel just as far????:confused0082:

I'm all for the Western Europe thing, it's when teams like the Giants Have to go to Japan, or San Diego going to Germany that I have an issue with. It could be done, so long as they use common sense. I just don't have alot of faith in common sense prevailing when it comes to money making opportunities and NFL brass.

True, but then a again the only real energy you have to exert is an occasional smack on the ass or the incredible challenge of holding a girl's hair back (admittedly some Jersey girls do have big and heavy hair) while she "services" you. These guys gotta go and grapple with 300lb men for 2.5 hours. It will definitely take a toll.

lol, i was on business for my OTHER job, hahaha, tradeshows, factory tours, buying and sourcing in markets scattered all over the place.

lol, i was on business for my OTHER job, hahaha, tradeshows, factory tours, buying and sourcing in markets scattered all over the place.

lol, i was on business for my OTHER job, hahaha, tradeshows (Ie Look at girls and determine skill level via free demos), factory tours (ie find new and exciting places to film said girls who pass the "test"), buying and sourcing in markets (ie filming and producing said girls who pass the "test") scattered all over (their chest) the place.

lol, i was on business for my OTHER job, hahaha, tradeshows (Ie Look at girls and determine skill level via free demos), factory tours (ie find new and exciting places to film said girls who pass the "test"), buying and sourcing in markets (ie filming and producing said girls who pass the "test") scattered all over (their chest) the place.

hahaha, if i told you what my other job was you'd make even MORE fun!

Archived