Raider-Texans Game Blacked Out In Bay Area-In its place? Colts-Pats

Lil Bit Special

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/02/SPHFT4PL3.DTL

Blackout a turn-on

David White, Chronicle Staff Report

Friday, November 2, 2007

(11-01) 17:37 PDT -- Bad news for Raiders fans: Sunday's game won't be on local television. Good news for non-Raiders fans: The Colts-Patriots showdown will be.

The Raiders did not sell out Sunday's home game against the Texans, which means the game will be blacked out locally.

Instead, CBS affiliates will show the much-hyped matchup of NFL unbeatens when New England (8-0) visits Indianapolis (7-0). That game would not have been available if the Raiders sold out.

An unscientific poll on SFGate.com asked which game readers would prefer to watch. There were 1,737 votes, 86% for the Patriots-Colts, 14% for the Texans-Raiders.

This is Oakland's first nonsellout in four games, and the third since the Raiders took over ticket operations before last season.

- David White

i get all pissed off because people dont want to go to jets games, but at least we're sold out so people can watch at home.

this is an archaic rule that the nfl needs to get rid of.

Owners will nev er allow it.

The baseball blackout rules are much more restrictive and archaic. They are borderline idiotic.

Haha...

I think there's only been one time in Jets history where the game didn't sell out.

I was too young to remember it, but I've heard stories of people going up to Buffalo (the team we were playing) to watch the game at some bar.

I guess there is a positive to having a 10 year waitlist for tickets after all.

Archived