Try to remember what Mangini inherited

Lady Jet

He inherited a 4-12 team that was expected to compete for the Super Bowl if not for injuries and was just one kick away from the AFC Championship game the prior year. Poor guy. A team with 2 first round draft picks including the #4 overall that was supposed to go to the Super Bowl. Terrible, terrible situation. No wonder why he struggled to a 10-6 record. Why is his record even worse the year after when he got a chance to bring in his own players? The answer is because his players suck and he's been a terrible coach.

10000000000% CORRECT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He had to draft 2 Olineman in the 1st rd because of the mess he inherited from 2005.

He was the one who took Cotchery off the pine (thanks hermy!) and started him opposite Coles.

Barton and Robertson were our MVPs from 2004? Are you kidding me? Neither one of these guys are anything special let alone good, especially Robertson. Both Robertson and Barton fell off the map in 2005 after Ferguson left.

He also made Rhodes a leader back there by putting alot of responsibilty on him. And one of those picks was a trade that HE made, and a great trade it was.

So, he inherited this great 4-3 defense (sarcasm) from 2005 which was ranked in the bottom tier of defenses in the entire league. AND you conveniently left out how the offense was in complete SHAMBLES when he took over.

You have an agenda, my friend.

he inherited a top 5 pick, THEY decided to let Mawae go. They inherited Mawae and decided to let him go so they didn't need 2 OL.

Cotchery got a chance to play alot in 2005, we were a mess b/c of injuries so he couldn't show what he had.

Did you watch the jets D in 2004? barton was clearly our bst defender and Robertson wasn't far behind him.

i am confused about the rhodes comment. What are you talking about?

He inherited a top 5 D a yar removed. we were awful in '05 b/c of injuries but we were healthy again in 2006.

YOU have the agenda, making excuses for Eric and still blaming Herm and Bradway when they did a very good job here. I like ric but he's done an awful job this year, i'll chalk it up as a learning experience but another year close to tis year and he's done. I still like his potential but this is the first time in over a decade we've been healthy and have been bad.

After we finish the season 1-15 or 2-14 or 3-13 the Jets FO and Tangina should all bend over and kiss their assess good bye...

That would be the best thing.

Mangina is getting owned by the other coaches that's a fact. Our Jets team is not this bad, The problem is you have a freakin bean counter who thinks he is a football GM and then you have a "kid" thinking he can "coach" against real coaches.

As you see, that's not happening.

I have said and will continue to say, we need "real proven" football people in this organization....Hear that Woody. We need someone like a Parcells if not Parcells himself in here NOW. We need a "real-proven" HC and not some cheap Chris Farly motivational speaker look-a-like!

Woody, wake the freak up, You are in the biggest freakin market, start acting like you care and get this thing fixed in the Off season. Enough with the BS, come-on shake your ass, reach into your pocket pull out the loose change in there and get it done PERIOD!!!!!

After we finish the season 1-15 or 2-14 or 3-13 the Jets FO and Tangina should all bend over and kiss their assess good bye...

That would be the best thing.

Mangina is getting owned by the other coaches that's a fact. Our Jets team is not this bad, The problem is you have a freakin bean counter who thinks he is a football GM and then you have a "kid" thinking he can "coach" against real coaches.

As you see, that's not happening.

I have said and will continue to say, we need "real proven" football people in this organization....Hear that Woody. We need someone like a Parcells if not Parcells himself in here NOW. We need a "real-proven" HC and not some cheap Chris Farly motivational speaker look-a-like!

Woody, wake the freak up, You are in the biggest freakin market, start acting like you care and get this thing fixed in the Off season. Enough with the BS, come-on shake your ass, reach into your pocket pull out the loose change in there and get it done PERIOD!!!!!

parcells wasn't available when we hired Mangini. Who would you have had us hire? Mike Tice was available, i'm sure we could hire the next pete carroll. It's not like HOF coaches are growing from trees. Woody took a shot in the dark at Mangini, which is better than taking coach who has proven time and time again he will fail.

parcells wasn't available when we hired Mangini. Who would you have had us hire? Mike Tice was available, i'm sure we could hire the next pete carroll. It's not like HOF coaches are growing from trees. Woody took a shot in the dark at Mangini, which is better than taking coach who has proven time and time again he will fail.

I don't think you read my post, I am saying now in the off season. Mike Tice? Are you freakin on drugs? Mike Tice is Mangina only taller.

As far as I can tell they HAD to let Mawae go because he was spouting off at every opportunity and poisoning the team. This was against your boy Herm nyjunc. Sometimes you HAVE to cut somebody loose, even when they have talent. The first for Abraham is nice, but they could NOT have signed him because they had priced themselves out of the market and he was NOT happy with the team or being franchised again. If they had locked him up earlier things might have been much different. Yes the record is horrible now, but IMO they were much closer to rock bottom at the end of '05. They aren't being "run into the ground" and Vilma is the only asset they appear to be wasting.

As for "football people", IMO Bill Parcells is a ****ty GM. HOF coach, but he did better with a strong personnel man behind him. He's been recommending people to Mangini anyway (see KColeman and Elam). He didn't do so great for Groh and HE QUIT ON THE JETS TWICE. Once as coach and once as GM. I don't see why people here glorify him after he ran out on us. He subsequently quit on the Cowboys. Every time Parcells quits he loses a little more credibility with the players (and with me) and becomes a little more irrelevant. Cowher maybe. BP? No thanks.

Archived