David Barrett

Oliver Celestin

Darrien Johnson

Ty Law

Justin Miller

Derrick Strait

K - Nugent

P - Graham

Gosh, why haven't we finished the rebuilding mode yet? Mangini should have had this team superbowl bound by now for sure. ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He inherited a 4-12 team that was expected to compete for the Super Bowl if not for injuries and was just one kick away from the AFC Championship game the prior year. Poor guy. A team with 2 first round draft picks including the #4 overall that was supposed to go to the Super Bowl. Terrible, terrible situation. No wonder why he struggled to a 10-6 record. Why is his record even worse the year after when he got a chance to bring in his own players? The answer is because his players suck and he's been a terrible coach.

Lady, Lady, Lady.

:)

Some good players have been added, but there is more to being a HC in the NFL than having a couple of good drafts.

The OC keeps calling lousy games, the DC doesnt have a clue and the HC does not know how to make halftime adjustments.

1-8 is a reflection of the overall coaching as much as anything else.

Name one good FA signing. NTM going into this season with over 10 million in cap room and not recognizing the GAPING holes they could've used that money to fill.

I'll admit we didn't seem to make any big impact free agent signings, (I still like the trade for Tom Jones, though) but the crop didn't seem that great this year. Who do you believe we should have signed that would have made a difference? His drafting has been pretty darn good so far.

The team Mangini inherited had too many gaping holes to fill in one or two seasons.

I'll admit we didn't seem to make any big impact free agent signings, (I still like the trade for Tom Jones, though) but the crop didn't seem that great this year. Who do you believe we should have signed that would have made a difference? His drafting has been pretty darn good so far.

The team Mangini inherited had too many gaping holes to fill in one or two seasons.

jones-tom-photo-tom-jones-6227825.jpg

Adalius Thomas and Leonard Davis aren't that great? And their drafting has been mediocre.

He inherited a 4-12 team that was expected to compete for the Super Bowl if not for injuries and was just one kick away from the AFC Championship game the prior year.

Yeah, that was the hype before the season started, and then with the injuries the bandaids fell off and we were exposed for what we really were. ;)

Lady, Lady, Lady.

:)

Some good players have been added, but there is more to being a HC in the NFL than having a couple of good drafts.

The OC keeps calling lousy games, the DC doesnt have a clue and the HC does not know how to make halftime adjustments.

1-8 is a reflection of the overall coaching as much as anything else.

And losing teams always blame the coaches, but coaches can't play. ;)

He does need to get better, or be more aggressive in the free agency, but you cannot complain about his drafting so far. It's been good.

And keep in mind, just because he's not overbidding for superstars at certain positions to plop in and give the fans instant gratification, doesn't mean he isn't building the team well. He's finding players for depth as well.

Adalius Thomas and Leonard Davis aren't that great? And their drafting has been mediocre.

Mangini's biggest mistake so far has been sticking too long with Chad. Lets give the coaches a few weeks to recover from the Chad era and devise a play or two that can be thrown beyond 5/7 yards downfield. The receivers obviously need some time to recover as well, they all dropped passes (except, ironically, McCairens) - most egregiously Cotch and Washington. Once Clemens gets more comfortable and the team gets comfortable with him then I think the offense will be ok.

The defense, on the other hand, is an abortion. Its amazing to me how they plug in these street guys like Poteat and Elam who easily outplay the incumbent.

He does need to get better, or be more aggressive in the free agency, but you cannot complain about his drafting so far. It's been good.

And keep in mind, just because he's not overbidding for superstars at certain positions to plop in and give the fans instant gratification, doesn't mean he isn't building the team well. He's finding players for depth as well.

The fact that our bitzes NEVER get there and the other team's always do is 100% coaching. Or their refusal to throw the ball down the field.

He drafted David Harris. That's probably why no Adalius. Harris is his guy. ;) We'll see how he does.

As far as Leonard Davis, we spent two 1st rounders addressing o-line. The most important pieces too. Why should he tie up a huge chunk of change in a guard as well? We can't spend all our money on O-line when we have other needs as well.

He drafted David Harris. That's probably why no Adalius. Harris is his guy. ;) We'll see how he does.

As far as Leonard Davis, we spent two 1st rounders addressing o-line. The most important pieces too. Why should he tie up a huge chunk of change in a guard as well? We can't spend all our money on O-line when we have other needs as well.

Thomas = OLB

Harris = ILB

They have NOTHING to do with eachother.

Whats better? An overpaid Guard and LB that are better than the CRAP we have now or that 10 million sitting in Woddy's deep pckets?

And he keeps blaming the players that he put on the field. It's HIS team. He is at the top of the food chain.

According to you, I guess a coach doesnt make any difference?

Why not have Woody coach then- then he can save himself some money, since it doesnt seem to matter who is coaching the team. Anybody can get to 1-8. We dont need to pay to overrated chump who cant coach his team to a win even when they are ahead or tied at halftime.

It is not very difficult to see that this is NOT a well-coached team in many, many ways.

And he keeps blaming the players that he put on the field. It's HIS team. He is at the top of the food chain.

I have not seen him single out a single player JC. He has always stated that he will look at EVERYTHING, including the way he coaches, to find a way to right the ship.

Where did you get that impression? Please, I'm not one of the folks inferring that Mangini is a genius or anything, ;) , I never did that. And no, I don't think he's doing a perfect job and nothing is his fault, but it's not all on him. Take away a few bad plays by the offense and defense and our record is a couple games better than 1-8.

Why not have Woody coach then- then he can save himself some money, since it doesnt seem to matter who is coaching the team. Anybody can get to 1-8. We dont need to pay to overrated chump who cant coach his team to a win even when they are ahead or tied at halftime.

It is not very difficult to see that this is NOT a well-coached team in many, many ways.

What are the many, many ways, JC. I'm surprised he still has this team held together considering their record. Take away a couple bad plays by the offense and defense and this team is a little better than 1-8.

Lady, do you listen to his post game or weekday pressers?

He ALWAYS singles out plays that cost the game. He purposely doesnt say the player's name, he just tells you the exact play that got screwed up. he throws his players under the bus every week.

I hope he listened to Dungy's post-game tonite. That was how a losing coach should conduct a postgame interview. All class, no excuses. The opposite of mangina.

He has held this team together??? The only thing holding them together is that they are getting paid well. There's a reason why only a couple of them played with real heart today- and that is what other posters like SFJ noted- just a couple that showed heart today. The rest? Playing out the string.

He inherited a 4-12 team that was expected to compete for the Super Bowl if not for injuries and was just one kick away from the AFC Championship game the prior year. Poor guy. A team with 2 first round draft picks including the #4 overall that was supposed to go to the Super Bowl. Terrible, terrible situation. No wonder why he struggled to a 10-6 record. Why is his record even worse the year after when he got a chance to bring in his own players? The answer is because his players suck and he's been a terrible coach.

4-12 teams are not contenders.

he blames himself evertime. watch the post game press conf

Lady, do you listen to his post game or weekday pressers?

He ALWAYS singles out plays that cost the game. He purposely doesnt say the player's name, he just tells you the exact play that got screwed up. he throws his players under the bus every week.

I didn't listen to the postgame press conferences tonight. Call me crazy, but I actually let my hopes get up and was heartbroken at the ending so I couldn't bear to listen. I did read the transcripts online just now.

Yes, he points out the mistakes. (Did you by any chance read the post I left last week about an "Aussie's take on Mangini"? That's his thing, he expects perfect execution.) He also gave out a great deal of praise as well though. So yeah, he may single out the plays that cost the game, but he also singles out the plays he believed they played well in. I don't have too big of a problem with that. If you ask the players themselves, I believe they'd have the same take.

He has held this team together??? The only thing holding them together is that they are getting paid well. There's a reason why only a couple of them played with real heart today- and that is what other posters like SFJ noted- just a couple that showed heart today. The rest? Playing out the string.

Speculation, my dear. ;)

That's his thing, he expects perfect execution

I was on to his game about perfect execution weeks ago, and posted about it. it is horseh!t to coach that way!

NO team has perfect execution, and to take the position that the only way the team can win is through perfect execution is NOT a philosophy I buy into.

Since you seem to be so enamoured with him, do you think he's done anything wrong?

Why dont you tell me what, if anything, you think mangina's done wrong this season?

And see my posts in Max's thread about some bad game management he is guilty of today, just for recent starters.

I was on to his game about perfect execution weeks ago, and posted about it. it is horseh!t to coach that way!

NO team has perfect execution, and to take the position that the only way the team can win is through perfect execution is NOT a philosophy I buy into.

Since you seem to be so enamoured with him, do you think he's done anything wrong?

Why dont you tell me what, if anything, you think mangina's done wrong this season?

And see my posts in Max's thread about some bad game management he is guilty of today, just for recent starters.

I miss "you play to win the game" as sad as it is... Mangini "plays to play a sound game like we practiced regardless of the outcome..."

pathetic

Speculation, my dear. ;)

If this team were getting blown out 40-10 every week, I'd say it's a lack of talent. But the fact is they are playing teams who aren't much more talented than they are. They've played backup QBs, rookie QBs, and teams that aren't that good. Yet they still lose and are 1-8.

Rebuilding means you improve over time, not get worse.

Drafting well means you find great players, not average at best ones. Not one of their draft picks is a pro bowler yet.

As I said somewhere else, I guess you could call the Pats and Colts rebuilding teams too. They have quite a few young players and rookies starting or contributing in a major way.

He took over a 4-12 team that started a 3rd string QB, backup OL, backup defensive players, a backup RB, and they were coached by a guy everybody called a moron and a guy who was already out the door.

2+ years later the Jets are now 1-8 and could wind up 1-15. I'm sorry but if this happened last year, maybe you could have an argument. But in year two, that is the sign of a guy who is a bad coach. Then again, maybe Mangini cheated last season. The more I watch this team stink and get out coached in the second half, the more I'm thinking that's why he jumped the gun on the Pats cause he thought he could do the same thing clean. I don't know what to believe, but at this point, I can't assume anything about Mangini. 1-8 and on a 6 game losing streak is Dumb and Dumber year news articles.

Of course no team has perfect execution. But there's no denying that mistakes, more often than execution, or game planning, or talent, are what lose many games in the end. Is it realistic to play mistake free? No! I doubt Mangini expects that, rather he stresses it, because it really is one of the most important factors in many games.

I will say it again JC, I do not believe Mangini has done no wrong, I just simply refuse to lay it all on him. sheesh!

Which of Max's threads?

That was just a sound bite. Herm played not to lose, just like Mangini.

Yeah but at least Herm BSed and tried to make it look like he was trying... Mangini is like a blob on the sidelines... and the players are not giving 110% for him... they werent even before the season was over...

Archived