I'm Watching The Replay Now

SoFlaJets

and three things jump right out at me;

1;David Harris, once he gets a bead on a runner he doesn't let him get away

2;Will Montgomery-wearing Pete Kendall's old #66 and replacing Clarke after the 1st series-just when our running game started to come together-I think we've found our LG guys-he's looking good-a LOT better than Adrien Clarke

3:Mike DeVito #70 got a lot of playing time as we have seemed to switch to mostly a 4-3

I'll add to this as the game goes on

on the Holmes touchdown, Harris split the guard and tackle, too bad for such a quick throw, otherwise i think he would have had big ben. (i know it was a designed screen, but the way the tackle acted, it didn't look like he was supposed to swing out wide, i do believe it was just a good play by harris...FWIW)

Harris looks like a friggen beast, i hated the pick initially, but damn, he looks like the real deal.

I'm seeing them not abandoning the run for once Ghost-I'm seeing some good stuff out there

Well Thomas Jones did have a good game, and this wasn't a defense you see often. They haven't had a 100+ rusher in 35 games, I can be wrong tho. Our OL is just inconsistent, we have to do something about it this off-season.

Well Thomas Jones did have a good game, and this wasn't a defense you see often. They haven't had a 100+ rusher in 35 games, I can be wrong tho. Our OL is just inconsistent, we have to do something about it this off-season.

I'm telling you Ghost WATCH this Montgomery kid when you get a chance-he looks like the real deal-I'm really encouraged with what I'm seeing

Harris played great but he really should have had 2 sacks, he has to learn that when you have a shot at a guy like Ben Roethlisberger you dont try and take him down high. Pretty much any other QB would have been killed on that play.

I really do feel this kid will be a top 5 if not the best LB in the NFL in a couple of years. He's something special. Now I would love to to see us draft Crable to partne him in the LB core, they would be awesome together IMO.

there might not be a linebacker in the entire league playing as well as David Harris right now

You know how after the NE game everyone said the Jets just look smaller? Harris changes that look, and attitude immediatly.

What are your thoughts on drafting another ILB high, as opposed to drafting a NT high? I'm starting to think if you pair Harris up with another stud, NT won't be such an issue.

You know how after the NE game everyone said the Jets just look smaller? Harris changes that look, and attitude immediatly.

What are your thoughts on drafting another ILB high, as opposed to drafting a NT high? I'm starting to think if you pair Harris up with another stud, NT won't be such an issue.

I mthink both Barton and Hobson need to be replaced-they are both too inconsistent, disappearing for weeks at a time-especially Hobson-sometimes he makes great impact plays and then you don't even hear his name for a month

There really is no NT to draft high.

Some in the later rounds, but then you have to get lucky. A few in the 09 draft, but it doesn't look like any 1st or 2nd round values in this draft.

and three things jump right out at me;

1;David Harris, once he gets a bead on a runner he doesn't let him get away

2;Will Montgomery-wearing Pete Kendall's old #66 and replacing Clarke after the 1st series-just when our running game started to come together-I think we've found our LG guys-he's looking good-a LOT better than Adrien Clarke

3:Mike DeVito #70 got a lot of playing time as we have seemed to switch to mostly a 4-3

I'll add to this as the game goes on

Good stuff, SFJ. When you get back to watching, can you give us some more details on Will and Dvito?

Good stuff, SFJ. When you get back to watching, can you give us some more details on Will and Dvito?

DeVito is holding his ground really well-not getting blown off the line and as I said Montgomery actually LOOKS like Pete Kendall-savvy beyond his experience-fast and strong-I'm really encouraged-especially by Monty...oh yea and David Bowens is looking really good too

DeVito is holding his ground really well-not getting blown off the line and as I said Montgomery actually LOOKS like Pete Kendall-savvy beyond his experience-fast and strong-I'm really encouraged-especially by Monty...oh yea and David Bowens is looking really good too

Bowens is huge. He had some great containing plays making parker go inside, where he clearly wanted the corner. In run situations i'd like to see us play Ellis and bowens at OLB's, and in passing, sit bowens (or blitz him) and slide ellis back in. Hell even when D-rob was playing end, he still got pressure.

I love the mixing and matching.

DeVito back in the 2nd half playing LDT in a 4-3 getting good movement-this is right around the time Hines Ward got 2 uncalled facemask penalties-I guess it's WHO you are in the NFL-we did good with DRob and Mosely on the line together-Eric Smith was in on a LOT of tackles-unafraid to put his head in there-upgrade over Coleman for sure

our defense improved when Matt Chatham came in in place of Hobson too-Bowens was flying off the end-we have a pass rusher guys, if Sutton sees it and plays him more

I don't know what is going on with Bowens. he was a good pass rusher with Miami. i was happy when the Jets signed him.

Gave him a lot of money to. 6 million for 3 years. Can't say he hasn't played well. He hasn't played at all, except special teams. Isn't like anyone else is rushing the passer better in his spot.

He played Sunday, and played well.

Just don't get it

I don't know what is going on with Bowens. he was a good pass rusher with Miami. i was happy when the Jets signed him.

Gave him a lot of money to. 6 million for 3 years. Can't say he hasn't played well. He hasn't played at all, except special teams. Isn't like anyone else is rushing the passer better in his spot.

Just don't get it

yea well hopefully after last week's performance he'll continue to get substantial playing time

Just don't get it

What you mean BT isn't doin the job? When BT was on the field and the defense did something well, it only meant the play went away from him. He is back to being a bust, get him the hell out of there, and let Bowens get some reps.

As you and SFJ have said, Bowens can get after the passer, not sure why it took us 9 games to find this out.

so Clemens with 2:23 left moves that team all the way down the field and makes two great throws the first one Smith should have caught for the game winner the second one a Steeler tipped in the EZ at the last second to prevent another TD-every single one of his completions went over 10 yards-no Chad dink and dunk for 4 yards-also he ran for another first down-I'm very impressed at his ability to get it done when he had to

Oh yea on note Adrien Clarke was back in for that last drive in regulation at LG

What you mean BT isn't doin the job? When BT was on the field and the defense did something well, it only meant the play went away from him. He is back to being a bust, get him the hell out of there, and let Bowens get some reps.

As you and SFJ have said, Bowens can get after the passer, not sure why it took us 9 games to find this out.

I don't know if it matters or not but Bowens has been plaing on the right side-rushing the QBs back while Thomas plays the left

I don't know if it matters or not but Bowens has been plaing on the right side-rushing the QBs back while Thomas plays the left

isn't that a recent change? BT played the right side last year, and hobson had the strong side. As you may know, i can't stand Hobson, and was on the BT band wagon until recently. I thought BT would have a better chance on the strong side since he would be taking on a TE, not a LT, but no...it didn't matter...sit his ass on the bench where he belongs.

You could put hobson on a crane 2 feet above the QB as he snaps the ball, and he would still find a way to **** it up. Hoboson is the biggest piece of garbage in green. I would take 11 David Barretts (with his insane contract) over 1 Victor Hobson.

Get him out of here.

Archived