If you could replace a Jet with an average starter at their position...

Columbia Jet Fan

How many would you keep? Meaning say you want to get rid of Mangold...aka youre an idiot...basically we would go down the list of starting NFL Centers and give you the guy in the middle of the pack. This is for this year only (age doesnt matter) and people needed to be evaluated by their place in the depth chart...aka Cotch is gauged against a #2 receiver like Stallworth, not Randy Moss...

My list is...

Coles as a #1

Cotch as a #2

Mangold

Rhodes

Harris

NUUUUUUGE

Leon as KR

Boarderline for me...

Baker

Revis

Baker I think is a stud who is just not being used right (or he might just be starting to be used right) and Revis I think could be an all pro cb in the league but I think he has a lot to learn. Revis might be there already but Im just not sure about him. Coles/Cotch I think are fantastic and when on the field at the same time make one of the top 5/6 WR duos...

Not sure if Im forgetting anyone byt if you look at it like this...pretty sad to see the depth of talent on our team.

The players to hold on to

Cotch- Can make outstanding catches and has the moves

Harris- The bright spot on this defense Has a great future he's always where the ball is.

Revis- Will only get better and did pretty well against one o the best WR's in the league

Elam- has shown in the past couple of games he can excel in the nfl

Mangold- very strong and is a bright spot on our OL

Brick- is a pretty good blocker just needs t make a couple of more adjustments

Clemens-has a lot of potential he looked great up until the dallas game where he by all means didnt lose that game

Nuge-can make the clutch kicks

Leon- as a Kr and use him in the SLOT-fast and skillful

baker- great with kellen

say goodbye to

Coles- i love him but he doesent like kellen but he is getting old and injured too often

Vilma-dont need him trade him for a 2nd rounder HARRIS is BETTER

Chad- can be a good backup but we can trade him for a 3rd rounder.

players to get

draft a OL with out first pick

Sign Alan Faneca in free agency

get maybe one or 2 more defensive playmakers like randall gay or asante samuel.

Nuge? Your joking. I may consider that if he was some scrub we picked up FA because he plays like one. He was drafted in the second round. What kickers get drafted in the second round? He hasn't done anything to seperate himself from the rest of the league to remotely give the Jets reason to have drafted then.

Jason Hanson is a second round kicker too, and he makes Nuge look like a joke.

Nuge? Your joking. I may consider that if he was some scrub we picked up FA because he plays like one. He was drafted in the second round. What kickers get drafted in the second round? He hasn't done anything to seperate himself from the rest of the league to remotely give the Jets reason to have drafted then.

Jason Hanson is a second round kicker too, and he makes Nuge look like a joke.

Im not judging this based on the potential or draft status of our players...I am basically saying do I think Nugent is an above average kicker in this league, and I think the answer is yes.

Im doing this to try and assess where were at talent wise...Do I think we should hold onto a guy like Brick now...absolutely...do I think hes one of above average LTs in the league? Close, but no prob. not yet IMO...

I wouldn't take another OL with the first pick... DBrick is ok, but in all honesty, there are plenty of other players taken in the draft that are just as good as him who were taken in later rounds..

If they take Jake Long, he's another DBRick. Nothing wrong with that, but the upside is a lot smaller for them compared to a McFadden. I'd rather they go after Faneca and draft some OL in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds. We've drafted 3 OL in the past two seasons, 2 of them in the first round, and the OL still is one of the worst in the NFL.... That isn't saying much. If you need all 5 of your OL to be great, you have problems if one of those guys gets injured.

2 first round OL should at least provide some running room or great pass blocking once in a while.. the OL might still stink, but once in a while there should be something. I just don't see how drafting a guy like Long would actually make this team a contender. It might improve them, but even last week, in a game where TJ rushed for 100 yards and the OL did a pretty good job, the Jets still couldn't score.

Yeah they need to improve the OL, but they also need playmakers. Washingtion is close, but he's not an every down kind of player. Cotchery is ok, but he seems more like a 2 or 3 reciever. Coles is ok, but I doubt he'll be back next season.

My wish for next season is they draft McFadden, they trade TJ for a 3rd rounder, they bring in Faneca, they draft some OL in later rounds, they draft some defensive players in later rounds, they bring in a guy like Haynesworth or another DL, they trade for Chad Johnson.

They might not be a legit contender, but at least they should be improved. Cause if all they do is draft Jake Long, draft a few others, don't sign any good free agents or trade for top players, what kind of future are they really building? Another one like the Herm years... Years where they go to the playoffs one year, lose, then stink the next.

Archived