Cards' Rolle vows to honor childhood friend Taylor

JetCane

They might have killed him if he left, but it was definitely easier for them with Taylor close by in Miami. He should have packed up and left the state. What a shame, this guy was my fav non-jet too.

Barton, exactly. You can get killed crossing the damn street. I just wish he would have tried to leave the town that was nothing but a bad influence for him. God bless him and his family.

I abhor the idea that he was supposed to never set foot in dade county again because some thugs he grew up with had a problem with his success, and were p1ssed that he wasnt take care of his homeboys.

In hindsight, if he truly was in fear as Rolle suggested, it would have been smart to hire a bodyguard while he was there, espeially after the first break-in. But it's real easy to say that now.

It's also easy for OTHER people to say, "well, he should have moved". i think if it happened to them, they not not feel so happy about getting run out of town, a big city where they were born and educated, and had family and an alma mater where other players worked out, because some tough guys in the hood felt betrayed. I dont think Wilbon would leave Chicago on the next train if some thugs threatened him.

I know when Russians started playing in the NHL, many of them were being strongarmed and shaken down for money by KGB/Russian mafia.

I thought maybe Sean was being targeted by Bloods or Crips, but as it turns out, it was "just" a bunch of kids.

It's a damn shame.

They might have killed him if he left, but it was definitely easier for them with Taylor close by in Miami. He should have packed up and left the state. What a shame, this guy was my fav non-jet too.

He was definetly one of mine too. He was such a dynamic player to watch, every time a player would catch a ball down the middle vs The Redskins you could almost rest assured he would be destroyed by a Taylor hit over the middle.

Anyone remember last years pro-bowl? Taylor laying out Bills punter Moorman?? That was one of my favourite moments ffrom last season.

Again, RIP Sean.

Devin Hester:

``I kind of want to do it when we play Washington. I don't know what I am going to do, but it is going to be something special,'' Hester said. ``This is the first time something like this has happened. I'm just hoping I'll be able to go out there with a clear head and play my game.''

It won't be easy. The first time the world saw Hester return a kick for a touchdown on a high level -- second game, freshman year, Orange Bowl debut -- Taylor was his lead blocker against heated rival Florida. ``All he said was, `Devin, just follow me. I got you,' '' Hester recalled. ``Sure enough, first play of the game, I ran the opening kickoff back just following him.

``Coming from Miami, we treat all our players as brothers. Right now, it's sad.''

Watch the block Taylor throws at the 25 to open the lane for Hester to run through.

TscSztwURKE

Archived