Classy J.R.

Gang Green Girl

a$$hole.

Bren, I can see why you like him. He spends all of his time in front of the cameras talking nonsense instead of PRACTICING. Sounds like....nevermind.

Jeremy Roenick said yesterday that video "snippets" in which he said hockey fans can "kiss my ---" were taken out of context and blamed ESPN for showing the clip.

The Flyers' center was quoted over the weekend at Mario Lemieux's charity golf tournament outside Pittsburgh.

"Before I went into my rant, I was talking about the game of hockey, about getting it back on the ice, about what we have to do for the fans and telling people it's not about who wins or loses, it's about the game," Roenick said.

Roenick said the question that provoked him was whether fans should blame the players for the lockout. "What I was saying was that if fans don't think that I care about hockey, care about the Flyers, then don't come out to see me. That's what I was talking about."

Roenick said he left several messages with ESPN demanding to know why the network didn't show the full video clip of what preceded his rant.

JR's my hero... what a freakin a-hole. I mean, this stuff is just outstanding material. Just outstanding. Someone forgot to give JR his meds.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=148612

An intresting thread, at Hockey Future's web site, about this Jeremy Roenick situation. While it's true, that they did just show his negative comments about the fans... (which he was right about, by the by) he still should have known better. He's been in the NHL for 15 years. He knows how the media works.

But, if for anything, he put the NHL back in the news. Can't be a bad thing.

JR's my hero... what a freakin a-hole. I mean, this stuff is just outstanding material. Just outstanding. Someone forgot to give JR his meds.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=148612

An intresting thread, at Hockey Future's web site, about this Jeremy Roenick situation. While it's true, that they did just show his negative comments about the fans... (which he was right about, by the by) he still should have known better. He's been in the NHL for 15 years. He knows how the media works.

But, if for anything, he put the NHL back in the news. Can't be a bad thing.

That he did. But at what cost? I watched his interview last night. It was like watching a train wreck.

There needs to come a time that someone gives this guy the hook. Flyers' PR, perhaps? I dunno. It was embarrassing.

But, if for anything, he put the NHL back in the news.quote]

That he did. But at what cost? I watched his interview last night. It was like watching a train wreck.

There needs to come a time that someone gives this guy the hook. Flyers' PR, perhaps? I dunno. It was embarrassing.

But, if for anything, he put the NHL back in the news.quote]

I watched him tooo HE IS SOO DREAMY ::wub ::wub but I did not hear a word he said...The music ws tooo loud at the BAR

I watched him tooo HE IS SOO DREAMY ::wub ::wub but I did not hear a word he said...The music ws tooo loud at the BAR

At what cost? I dunno... I mean, when you get guys like TO, Randy Moss, Allen Iverson, Barry Bonds, ect... spewing from the mouth like they do, it really doesn't hurt their career's. Well, cept Barry... but that's another thread. JR has always spoken from the heart. Always has, from what I remember. He's like Brett Hull, in that respect.

As far as damage? There won't be any, as long as he puts his money where his mouth is. He just has to come out and play like he did when he was 28.

At what cost? I dunno... I mean, when you get guys like TO, Randy Moss, Allen Iverson, Barry Bonds, ect... spewing from the mouth like they do, it really doesn't hurt their career's. Well, cept Barry... but that's another thread. JR has always spoken from the heart. Always has, from what I remember. He's like Brett Hull, in that respect.

As far as damage? There won't be any, as long as he puts his money where his mouth is. He just has to come out and play like he did when he was 28.

Archived