Omar looking for missing pieces to Mets Cha-Cha Band

SouthernJet

Well per the Post, Omars interests are right back to where it always has been,,Globalization

As for the rest of the free-agent front, the Mets have some interest in right-hander Livan Hernandez. Agent Greg Genske has met with Mets GM Omar Minaya in Nashville, the agent said last night.

The Mets were also set to meet with the agents for Octavio Dotel and Shawn Chacon yesterday, and they have interest in reliever Luis Vizcaino as well. Chacon could be a starter or reliever.

OK, Omar is back on track,,,4 for 4.

Well per the Post, Omars interests are right back to where it always has been,,Globalization

As for the rest of the free-agent front, the Mets have some interest in right-hander Livan Hernandez. Agent Greg Genske has met with Mets GM Omar Minaya in Nashville, the agent said last night.

The Mets were also set to meet with the agents for Octavio Dotel and Shawn Chacon yesterday, and they have interest in reliever Luis Vizcaino as well. Chacon could be a starter or reliever.

OK, Omar is back on track,,,4 for 4.

It is possible to post an article without the racist undertones. Thanks.

Lets concentrate on the players and not their background-that is the point.

its a issue,,

thats the point,,such a bigger % compared to any other team and questionable moves to boot,,

its a issue,,dont be PC to the point of ignoring a true issue,,mets are worse due to over valueing latino players

to ignore that point is allowing PC to npot let you see the forest for the trees

There is no doubt he's trying to build a team around Latin players, because Carlos Delgado ratted him out a few years ago when Minaya tried to get him to sign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/05/sports/baseball/05shea.html?n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/D/Delgado,%20Carlos

My guess is the Wilpon's do not care what players he brings, as long as he wins, but I think the "buzz" about Omar skewing too heavily toward Latin players started getting so loud, that Jeff Wilpon probably told him (privately) to change that perception, with a new stadium on the way and a need for surbanites' to fill the seats-- hence the trade with the Nats.

There is no doubt he's trying to build a team around Latin players, because Carlos Delgado ratted him out a few years ago when Minaya tried to get him to sign.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/05/sports/baseball/05shea.html?n=Top/Reference/Times%20Topics/People/D/Delgado,%20Carlos

My guess is the Wilpon's do not care what players he brings, as long as he wins, but I think the "buzz" about Omar skewing too heavily toward Latin players started getting so loud, that Jeff Wilpon probably told him (privately) to change that perception, with a new stadium on the way and a need for surbanites' to fill the seats-- hence the trade with the Nats.

haha,,i forgot about that,,,good find...

Thor, can you do two things for me:

1) Define racism?

2) Explain how that definition of racism applies to what SJ posted?

Since Thor has not responded, and probably won't respond, I'll answer for him:

1) Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2) In no way did SJ infer, imply, or in any kind of "undertone" say anything that can be deemed as racist.

If anyone EVER makes the serious accusation of you that you are a racist, ask them those 2 aforementioned questions. They will either give no response, or probably stumble on the 1st one. Luckily, you can be equipped to answer FOR them!

Kids, just remember your ABC's when trying to make or defend yourself against an accusation about one's beliefs:

A is for ATTITUDE. Attitude applies to prejudice, or an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

B is for BEHAVIOR. Behavior applies to discrimination, or unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of race, gender, religious belief, etc.

C is for COGNITION. Cognition applies to stereotypes, or fixed impressions, exaggerated or preconceived ideas about particular social groups, usually based solely on physical appearance.

SJ's remarks ALSO do not fall under any of these categories. They fall under humor, the "6th" sense, if you will, that some of us forget we have from time to time.

Carry on.

Archived