The Knicks and Nets Drafts: My Expert Ratings

TomShane

First of all, the pecking order as of today in the East is: Heat, Pacers, Nets, Pistons (assuming Brown leaves). Don't tell the about the Wizards because that team is a bunch of me-first headcases who will implode this year.

As for the 5'8" Nate Robinson who can "dunk," well, I think that's wonderful. Maybe he can replace Hot Sauce on the And1 tour. As far as being able to play in the NBA, good luck. He's a 5'8" 2-guard that can't shoot or dribble. Have fun with that. And Frye is a waste of life. He'll be the world's first 6'11" man that weighs 165 pounds and will still show up to camp overweight.

Hold on a minute here. Nets third in the East? Homie, the Nets wouldn't be third in any beer league, let alone a conference in the NBA. They Nets, at best, are the 8th team. And the Wife Beater might slip and bust a finger nail and have to sit out 3-5 months. Vince Carter won't play 56 games out of the year. Richard Jefferson will bitch and moan every time someone breathes near him. The Nets are junk. Absolute junk. To think they're anywhere near the Pistons is laughable. The Heat aren't better than the Pistons either... that wasn't an upset. And the Pacers? Not with Ron Artest on that team. No way. Now, get over your Pistons hate.

And the Nets draft sucked.

First of all, the pecking order as of today in the East is: Heat, Pacers, Nets, Pistons (assuming Brown leaves). Don't tell the about the Wizards because that team is a bunch of me-first headcases who will implode this year.

As for the 5'8" Nate Robinson who can "dunk," well, I think that's wonderful. Maybe he can replace Hot Sauce on the And1 tour. As far as being able to play in the NBA, good luck. He's a 5'8" 2-guard that can't shoot or dribble. Have fun with that. And Frye is a waste of life. He'll be the world's first 6'11" man that weighs 165 pounds and will still show up to camp overweight.

Hold on a minute here. Nets third in the East? Homie, the Nets wouldn't be third in any beer league, let alone a conference in the NBA. They Nets, at best, are the 8th team. And the Wife Beater might slip and bust a finger nail and have to sit out 3-5 months. Vince Carter won't play 56 games out of the year. Richard Jefferson will bitch and moan every time someone breathes near him. The Nets are junk. Absolute junk. To think they're anywhere near the Pistons is laughable. The Heat aren't better than the Pistons either... that wasn't an upset. And the Pacers? Not with Ron Artest on that team. No way. Now, get over your Pistons hate.

And the Nets draft sucked.

Bro, the Pistons are a farce: An anamoly that appeared because of some awful rules changes that allowed your thugs to stand in the paint and hack anybody who drove the lane. Your time is over. Done. Brown is leaving, Paul Silas <snicker> is going to be your coach. You are toast. Prepare for the lottery.

I will take a backcourt of Kidd and Carter together for a full season and put three midgets out there with them and still predict them to make the playoffs easily.

Bro, the Pistons are a farce: An anamoly that appeared because of some awful rules changes that allowed your thugs to stand in the paint and hack anybody who drove the lane. Your time is over. Done. Brown is leaving, Paul Silas <snicker> is going to be your coach. You are toast. Prepare for the lottery.

I will take a backcourt of Kidd and Carter together for a full season and put three midgets out there with them and still predict them to make the playoffs easily.

First and foremost... the first I heard of Paul Silas taking over the Pistons came from you. And only you. That's your lil fantasy. No one else shares that vision.

The Nets, with Kidd and Carter... they'll be fortunate to make the playoffs. They're not even the best team in that division. The Celtics are (which it pains me to say). The Sixers are better, as well. Those are just the facts, brotha.

The Pistons are a farce? A five year farce that saw them win the title (destorying the Lakers. Say what you will, but everyone and their mother picked the Lakers in four), make it to the finals again, only to lose in seven, after playing the most games out of any team, and improve every year? Playa, you're just being dumb now. Well, you've always been dumb. You're just being plain ignorant. Obviously you have a vendetta against the Pistons. Did Chauncy or Rip steal one of your girls, one time? Good gawd...

First and foremost... the first I heard of Paul Silas taking over the Pistons came from you. And only you. That's your lil fantasy. No one else shares that vision.

The Nets, with Kidd and Carter... they'll be fortunate to make the playoffs. They're not even the best team in that division. The Celtics are (which it pains me to say). The Sixers are better, as well. Those are just the facts, brotha.

The Pistons are a farce? A five year farce that saw them win the title (destorying the Lakers. Say what you will, but everyone and their mother picked the Lakers in four), make it to the finals again, only to lose in seven, after playing the most games out of any team, and improve every year? Playa, you're just being dumb now. Well, you've always been dumb. You're just being plain ignorant. Obviously you have a vendetta against the Pistons. Did Chauncy or Rip steal one of your girls, one time? Good gawd...

My vendetta against the Pistons has to do with ruining at least three full seasons of NBA playoff basketball watching that heinous, ugly bullsh*t "style" of play. I really want them to go away. It's gross, it's not fun, and it's boring. Even the most ardent Pistons fan will tell you that. To compare that abomination with the brilliance of the Bad Boys or even the Riley Knicks is an insult to sports fans everywhere. They're putrid.

And as for beating the Lakers last year, you can't be serious. Anyone who watched that farce knew that the Lakers just flat-out quit because Kobe and Shaq decided they could no longer play together. It was one of the true embarassments in sports history, that is, if anyone took the NBA seriously at that point.

AND, what do you want to bet that the Nets have the better record than the Pissed-ons next year? Huh? Huh?

My vendetta against the Pistons has to do with ruining at least three full seasons of NBA playoff basketball watching that heinous, ugly bullsh*t "style" of play. I really want them to go away. It's gross, it's not fun, and it's boring. Even the most ardent Pistons fan will tell you that. To compare that abomination with the brilliance of the Bad Boys or even the Riley Knicks is an insult to sports fans everywhere. They're putrid.

And as for beating the Lakers last year, you can't be serious. Anyone who watched that farce knew that the Lakers just flat-out quit because Kobe and Shaq decided they could no longer play together. It was one of the true embarassments in sports history, that is, if anyone took the NBA seriously at that point.

AND, what do you want to bet that the Nets have the better record than the Pissed-ons next year? Huh? Huh?

Well, the Nets won't finish with a better record than the Pistons. While they may not win 54 games again, they'll still have a much better record than the nets. They're top two in the East (actually tops in the East).

The Lakers may have quit... as in tapped the **** out! The Pistons beat their asses from here to Los Angeles and back. Don't discredit them, just because you bitch, moan and complain that they beat the Nets.

And, considering I'm the only Pistons fan on the board, and the style wins them games, I don't care how pretty it looks. As long as they win, it doesn't matter. Brotha, you're talking to someone who's a hockey fan. Who's team, the Red Wings, played the second most boring style, ever (second to the Neutral Zone trap). You're talking to a guy who grew up on Three runs and a cloud of dust, from the Big ten. You're talking to someone who was a Bad Boys fan, a team that beat everyone up.

And, besides that, it's Larry Brown's offense. I mean, before they got here, Sheed, Chauncy and Rip could score. They could fastbreak and all that. And, I think you're view is a bit askew here. What they're doing isn't flashy or anything. It's playing defense. It's running an offensive set. It's old school. Like 50's/60's old school.

So, quit your bitchin... just suck it up and give them their damned respect already.

Well, the Nets won't finish with a better record than the Pistons. While they may not win 54 games again, they'll still have a much better record than the nets. They're top two in the East (actually tops in the East).

The Lakers may have quit... as in tapped the **** out! The Pistons beat their asses from here to Los Angeles and back. Don't discredit them, just because you bitch, moan and complain that they beat the Nets.

And, considering I'm the only Pistons fan on the board, and the style wins them games, I don't care how pretty it looks. As long as they win, it doesn't matter. Brotha, you're talking to someone who's a hockey fan. Who's team, the Red Wings, played the second most boring style, ever (second to the Neutral Zone trap). You're talking to a guy who grew up on Three runs and a cloud of dust, from the Big ten. You're talking to someone who was a Bad Boys fan, a team that beat everyone up.

And, besides that, it's Larry Brown's offense. I mean, before they got here, Sheed, Chauncy and Rip could score. They could fastbreak and all that. And, I think you're view is a bit askew here. What they're doing isn't flashy or anything. It's playing defense. It's running an offensive set. It's old school. Like 50's/60's old school.

So, quit your bitchin... just suck it up and give them their damned respect already.

Okay, the Nets take a guy that pretty much everyone has as a lottery pick. I've read that he's a great defender and a great shooter. Ilic would have been a first rounder next year, so I can't complain there.

Meanwhile the Knicks take a guy in Lee who has little upside to be a player in this league, a player in Robinson who can never be a starter in this league, and a guy in Frye who reminds me (and was compared to on nbadraft.net) of Jason Collins. And Collins is a crappy starter.

PG: Kidd vs Marbury: HUGE ADVANTAGE NETS

SG: Carter vs Crawford: HUGE ADVANTAGE NETS

SF: Jefferson vs Richardson: Advantage Nets

PF: ??? vs Sweetney. If it's Collins who starts, it's a push. If we sign pretty much any big man, it's the Nets' advantage.

C: Krstic vs Frye: Advantage Nets.

The Knicks suck, they're old, they're small, they play no defense, and they are well over the cap. Enjoy the next 5 years Knickerbocker fans.

Okay, the Nets take a guy that pretty much everyone has as a lottery pick. I've read that he's a great defender and a great shooter. Ilic would have been a first rounder next year, so I can't complain there.

Meanwhile the Knicks take a guy in Lee who has little upside to be a player in this league, a player in Robinson who can never be a starter in this league, and a guy in Frye who reminds me (and was compared to on nbadraft.net) of Jason Collins. And Collins is a crappy starter.

PG: Kidd vs Marbury: HUGE ADVANTAGE NETS

SG: Carter vs Crawford: HUGE ADVANTAGE NETS

SF: Jefferson vs Richardson: Advantage Nets

PF: ??? vs Sweetney. If it's Collins who starts, it's a push. If we sign pretty much any big man, it's the Nets' advantage.

C: Krstic vs Frye: Advantage Nets.

The Knicks suck, they're old, they're small, they play no defense, and they are well over the cap. Enjoy the next 5 years Knickerbocker fans.

YAHTZEE! LOVE THIS GUY!

Archived