~~~The OFFICIAL 2007-08 NFL Playoffs thread~~~

K2C

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good call.;-)

Yeah right.. It's what 24-7 Giants.. I thought this would be a bore fest and a 17-13 type of score. I did not see a 41-7 type of Giants blowout. Hey the 4th quarter can change things, but so far the Bucs look bad and Eli has looked impressive.

Yeah right.. It's what 24-7 Giants.. I thought this would be a bore fest and a 17-13 type of score. I did not see a 41-7 type of Giants blowout. Hey the 4th quarter can change things, but so far the Bucs look bad and Eli has looked impressive.

he's without shockey too, a top target

I am impressed. The Giants looked bad the start of the year,then the defense got better and they started winning. Then Eli struggled again but now they won a playoff game. I am impressed cause the Giants lost their MVP over the past few years in Tiki Barber and still made the playoffs. Say what you want about the team, haven't they made the playoffs 3 years in a row now? I doubt they win next week, but who knows. And last time I checked the Giants were in a division with 3 other playoff teams so the excuse that they are in the weak NFC is kind of lame.

All I know is last year after the playoffs we heard the Jets were on the upswing and the Giants were going down and losing Tiki. This year the Jets finish 4-12 and have to start all over again while the Giants win a playoff game. Why is it other teams seem to find ways to improve even though they lose players while the Jets find ways to get worse even though they supposedly added better players. I'm tired of hearing other teams fans bragging while I have to come up with excuses why the Jets are once again a losing team.

Eh I dunno, he didn't throw to Shockey much this year. I had Shockey on my fantasy team, he had maybe 1 or 2 good games all year. I wound up starting Heath Miller pretty much all year, but I did see Shockey's stats every week and was vindicated in my decision to bench him nearly every week.

I am impressed. The Giants looked bad the start of the year,then the defense got better and they started winning. Then Eli struggled again but now they won a playoff game. I am impressed cause the Giants lost their MVP over the past few years in Tiki Barber and still made the playoffs. Say what you want about the team, haven't they made the playoffs 3 years in a row now? I doubt they win next week, but who knows. And last time I checked the Giants were in a division with 3 other playoff teams so the excuse that they are in the weak NFC is kind of lame.

All I know is last year after the playoffs we heard the Jets were on the upswing and the Giants were going down and losing Tiki. This year the Jets finish 4-12 and have to start all over again while the Giants win a playoff game. Why is it other teams seem to find ways to improve even though they lose players while the Jets find ways to get worse even though they supposedly added better players. I'm tired of hearing other teams fans bragging while I have to come up with excuses why the Jets are once again a losing team.

We can talk about how bad Eli Manning is while he goes out there and throws more TDs than we score as a team, and wins more regular season games and playoff games than we do! Yeah! It's great being a Jets fan!

We can talk about how bad Eli Manning is while he goes out there and throws more TDs than we score as a team, and wins more regular season games and playoff games than we do! Yeah! It's great being a Jets fan!

It is sometimes sad. I think Eli looks far too scared at times and makes too many mistakes, but at this point, I'd take making the playoffs 3 years in a row. When was the last time the Jets made the playoffs in back to back seasons? 2002-2003 I think and then 85-87 before that and then 68-69 before that. Yeah great so every 15+ years they make it back to back? Depressing.

It is sometimes sad. I think Eli looks far too scared at times and makes too many mistakes, but at this point, I'd take making the playoffs 3 years in a row. When was the last time the Jets made the playoffs in back to back seasons? 2002-2003 I think and then 85-87 before that and then 68-69 before that. Yeah great so every 15+ years they make it back to back? Depressing.

YOU are depressing. Constant whining, give it a rest already.

Yes, the Giants are so awesome. They've won 1 playoff game in the last 7 years, all while in the weak NFC. I wish we were like them, damn being a Jets fan sucks cuz I am so emo.

Lock it up.

Gotta strongly disagree. Tom Moore and Manning have made a point of pounding that team they face in their playoff opener the last few years, and Harrison and Gonzalez are going to be just fine. Who do you cover-Wayne, Harrison, Gonzalez or ClarK? In fact, I figure I'll wager a few sheckels on that game, because it's almost given that they're run up the score a bit.

Philip Rivers (with his Norvelousness calling plays?)vs. Manning-c'mon!

I'm going for the Colts but I still have a bad feeling SD could pull an upset. Their D has always played Manning better than most (look at their last 3 meetings) and seem to always generate pressure on him. San Diego's offence has improved since their last meeting largely due to Chambers coming in and I think they will be able to generate a lot more offensively than they did last time.

Also Indy never pounded Pittsburgh a few years ago, they had a D almost identical to San Diegos 3-4 too. I hope I'm wrong but have a bad feeling.:confused0082:

BTW, I really doubt Indy get a shot at New England.

If San Diego beat Tenn which I think they will I would really fancy them to beat the Colts quite simply because they have owned them over the last 2 or 3 years. They always seem to get to Manning and force him to have bad games. Also, their offence has come a long way since their last meeting, I doubt that they'll be forced to win this game on defence/special teams.

:lol:

WR Chad Jackson

CB Antwain Spann

OL Wesley Britt

OL Billy Yates

WR Troy Brown

DL Le Kevin Smith

QB Matt Gutierrez (3rd quarterback)

S Mel Mitchell

Inactive players for the Chargers today:

CB Cletis Gordon

CB Paul Oliver