Lights already being installed in new "Stadium"...Yankees that is.

NIGHT STALKER

This is the first I've seen of the new stadium besides pictures before they even put a shovel into the ground. Very nice. Looking foward to this new monster in 2009. I am definitely going to have to make it out to a game or two this year after not making it to one last year. Must say my goodbyes.

Jim, I can never tell when you guys are joking...the old stadium didn't have gold lettering...did it?

What I meant was it looks like the old entrance to the old Yankee stadium (pre 1974). it had the pilers on both sides with an eagle on each side. those holes on each side is where those eagles are going.

I don't know if they were gold. my first Yankee game ever was in 1974 at Shea stadium against the world champion Oakland A's.

What I meant was it looks like the old entrance to the old Yankee stadium (pre 1974). it had the pilers on both sides with an eagle on each side. those holes on each side is where those eagles are going.

I don't know if they were gold. my first Yankee game ever was in 1974 at Shea stadium against the world champion Oakland A's.

Okay, gotcha. I believe this is a first. I'm going up for my last game at the current stadium in September...going to try and hook it up with a Jets game the same weekend.

It looks a lot like the old stadium but I think that was the point. The Yankees want it to look like a combination of the older stadium and the current stadium.

I personally like the gold lettering, showing the rest of the world how great of a franchsie the Yankees are. Yeah, we show our stadium's name in gold, bitches. ;)

The House that Jeter built is going to look awesome when it's done. And thats coming from a mets fan.

people who have to show off their goods are shallow and insecure. Successful. But shallow and insecure. I'd rather my team sell off its name to a failing banking company.

they did already? good. I hope the signage rights fees didnt cost anyone their job at citi.

Archived