Season Ticket talk.

JETSFAN5180

I don't believe that at all. If the Jets are going to implement PSL's why would they charge the same price for every seat in the Stadium?

Sitting 10 rows behind the bench on the 50 yard line is worth a hell of a lot more than sitting in the nosebleeds.

I think you are trying to be sarcastic, but I'm not sure.

According to MK`s priceing ,they weren`t going to all cost the same the lowers & mezz. between the 30 yard lines were going to cost $20,000 each and the uppers between the 30`s were going to cost $10,000 each and from the 29 yard line through the end zone to the other 29 yard line was going $10,000 each for the lowers & Mezz. section. & the uppers in that same area were going to cost $5,000 each ,according to that price line I`ll need to come up with $40,000 for my 4 tickets....

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't believe that at all. If the Jets are going to implement PSL's why would they charge the same price for every seat in the Stadium?

Sitting 10 rows behind the bench on the 50 yard line is worth a hell of a lot more than sitting in the nosebleeds.

I think you are trying to be sarcastic, but I'm not sure.

...And unfortunately, PSL are coming THIS YEAR!

I just got word from a Giants Season Ticket holder that he got the response in the mail in January for his seats in Section 321 row 22 that they are charging him $5,000.00 per seat!

And Bob, it will be $5,000 per seat - Everywhere...

Do the math:

• $5,000.00 per seat times 60,000 seats - $300,000,000.00 from the JETS
  • $5,000.00 per seat times 60,000 seats - $300,000,000.00 from the GIANTS

$600,000,000.00 total in Personal Seat Licenses going toward A $1.4 Billion dollar stadium. That would leave the Naming rights at $800 - 900 Million which is what everyone has estimated the rights to go for...

It's going to be great to watch these games in HDTV in my apartment this fall!!!:baby:

I just got word from a Giants Season Ticket holder that he got the response in the mail in January for his seats in Section 321 row 22 that they are charging him $5,000.00 per seat!

Do the math:

$600,000,000.00 total in Personal Seat Licenses going toward A $1.4 Billion dollar stadium. That would leave the Naming rights at $800 - 900 Million which is what everyone has estimated the rights to go for...

It's going to be great to watch these games in HDTV in my apartment this fall!!!:baby:

If this is true..... I TOLD YOU SO. Also my days as a New York Jets season ticket holder are over.I have 4 seats and cannot afford to send the organization a $20,000 check plus the ticket and parking fee.

I will purchase tickets online,scalp or go to a few away games.The rest I will enjoy from the comfort of my home.

Thank You Woody Johnson and the New York Jets organization for NOTHING!!!!!!

They will have payment plans for the PSL's

You'll pay when all is said and done...I will

As much as I keep telling myself I will I have been really thinking about the scenario for the last few months.Im not gonna do it.Why should I invest $20k into an organization thats going nowhere fast.I wont gain a dime of interest on that money.

I will buy tickets online,scalp or go to away games.No more preseason ticket waste is another big reason ive considered this.Every year I dont go and waste $600.00 it adds up.

They can finance all they want in the end its still $20k of my hard earned money sitting in someone elses acount.For those that will good luck and I do envy you.

Do the math:

Baumer,

Email? Regular mail? Either way you should post whatever he got here. Because that is a pretty big statement.

$5,000 grand per seat? And it starts NOW? Wow. Welcome to NJ. I find it hard to believe that they would be crazy enough to do this right now in the current stadium. That is hard to believe.

It will save me some money, no doubt. I am saving up my $2,200 or so for my 2 seats now. It would suck not going to games anymore. But the money will be put to good use elsewhere.

They will have payment plans for the PSL's

You'll pay when all is said and done...I will

Jon,

I consider myself to have a pretty good job, we have a nice house and are by no means poor. But the reality for me is that if the PSLs are $5,000 unless they are letting my finance it for 10+ years there is NO WAY I could do it.

3 kids + plus life = Not having $10,000 to watch the Jets play.

You pay the price to someday give those seats to your kids

That's why you pay

Stop the suffering, that's what I say. :roll:

I really find it hard to believe that this is the plan and it starts now. That really isn't possible.

You pay the price to someday give those seats to your kids

That's why you pay

Ironically I thought alot about that.I have 2 teenage children my son is as crazy about the Jets as I am. I thought someday when im gone at least they can say when they attend games these were my dads seats.I just cant see investing in this venture.We havent won a Super Bowl since 1969. The product on the field does not warrant these charges.

Many mention seating upgrades.How do you know you will be upgraded to better seats.You will pay the money on your current seats.Ive been asking for an upgrade for 15 years and havent gotten it.

Jon,

I consider myself to have a pretty good job, we have a nice house and are by no means poor. But the reality for me is that if the PSLs are $5,000 unless they are letting my finance it for 10+ years there is NO WAY I could do it.

Maybe the new Adsense with curved corners will help. :)

BZ

Originally Posted by Max

Jon,

I feel the same way.

2 kids + plus life = Not having $20,000+ to watch the Jets play.

Ironically I thought alot about that.I have 2 teenage children my son is as crazy about the Jets as I am. I thought someday when im gone at least they can say when they attend games these were my dads seats.I just cant see investing in this venture.We havent won a Super Bowl since 1969. The product on the field does not warrant these charges.

Many mention seating upgrades.How do you know you will be upgraded to better seats.You will pay the money on your current seats.Ive been asking for an upgrade for 15 years and havent gotten it.

Can you help me with this logic?

I get not having the money. I get calling it a day and staying at home, investing in a TV or whatever, but what is the equation of the "product on the field" to the value of the tickets?

Do you honestly go and pay for the "product on the field?" For me, it less of a product and more of a love. I love experience, both highs and lows. I love the games, the yelling, the chant, the excitement. I don't pay for the "product" but for the whole thing, the 7 hours of enjoyment 10 times a year.

A game might end in a loss, but could have been a great tailgate with friends, a good game, cold beer and exciting to watch. I don't pay for wins, but for the process.

BZ

I get not having the money. I get calling it a day and staying at home, investing in a TV or whatever, but what is the equation of the "product on the field" to the value of the tickets?

Do you honestly go and pay for the "product on the field?" For me, it less of a product and more of a love. I love experience, both highs and lows. I love the games, the yelling, the chant, the excitement. I don't pay for the "product" but for the whole thing, the 7 hours of enjoyment 10 times a year.

A game might end in a loss, but could have been a great tailgate with friends, a good game, cold beer and exciting to watch. I don't pay for wins, but for the process.

BZ

BZ: There is a big difference between dropping say $1,200 a year for season tickets and dropping $10,000 + $1,200 for PSL and Season Tickets.

Granted the PSL is a one time thing but who has that kind of coin sitting around. Even if you paid it in three years that is still coming out near $5,000 a year for a product that has given us in the past 20 years two home playoff games ?

Season Tickets are a luxury they are not a necessity. When that "Luxury" starts to cut into a budget that for many New York and New Jersey residents are already at the breaking point these kind of decisions have to be made.

I had season tickets for 20 years. As soon as they started talk of the WSS I knew my days as a season ticket holder were numbered. There was no way that PSL's were not going to happen and I knew that trying to support a wife and three kids that I would have to give them up if PSL's were implemented.

BZ

I can help you with MY logic.

I pay to tailgate I pay for filet-mignon and lobster tail,I eat filet-mignon and lobster tail.

I too love the "being there" atmosphere and everything that goes with it.

I just cant see investing $20,000 plus the cost which im sure will increase for the seats and the parking.

The product on the field since 1969 hasnt justified this $20,000 payment that wont earn me 1 dime in interest.

years ago, when psls first began, they was actually a fair upside to set off hthe financial commitment. your psl gave you first crack in that seat for any and every event that would take place in the stadium/arena. if springsteen was playing...that was your seat to buy first dibbs. if there was a soccer match to see, same thing. and so on and so on. you were given the option of paying face value of any event in that arena b/c it was your personal seat. if you wanted, you could even but the ticket and then sell it on the outside. or...just pass on an event that you had no interst in at all, and that ticket would go to the general sale.

if this were the case, it would be more fair and reasonable. but i dont think they even do this anymore...not to mention they would have to deal with the "spli" issue with the giant fanbase psls.

this is absolutely atrocious.

i have 8...8! seats. wtf???

Maybe the new Adsense with curved corners will help. :)

BZ

:rl:

One thing I am TERRIBLE at is "monetizing". Check out the attached image. .01 for the day baby. We are in business now, lol. Google got mad at JetNation and made us a Page Rank 0. After that any hopes of having them pay us money were quickly squashed!

This mornings earning report is in. Gonna go buy some google stock once things pick up. :cheers:

http://jetnation.com/graphics/misc/google.jpg

Baumer,

Email? Regular mail? Either way you should post whatever he got here. Because that is a pretty big statement.

$5,000 grand per seat? And it starts NOW? Wow. Welcome to NJ. I find it hard to believe that they would be crazy enough to do this right now in the current stadium. That is hard to believe.

It will save me some money, no doubt. I am saving up my $2,200 or so for my 2 seats now. It would suck not going to games anymore. But the money will be put to good use elsewhere.

It's to give the season ticket holder time to pay off the PSL. It's going to be in installments - however, I have no idea how long the plan is (1 year/2 years?)...

... Max, I'm asking him today for a copy of the letter so I can fax it to you - personal email me your fax #...

Besides, someone had to find the Grenade!

Rich bastard. :rl:

To anyone who thinks this is a surprise and hasn't been preparing for it for a year or two, is crazy.

PSLs were talked about two years ago and probably won't be due till 2010 or beyond with financing.

If you want something, save up for it. That is what I tell my 2.5 year old kid about her college.. "If you want to go to college, you better start saving because daddy is going to be going to Jets games."

She understands. :)

BZ

To anyone who thinks this is a surprise and hasn't been preparing for it for a year or two, is crazy.

PSLs were talked about two years ago and probably won't be due till 2010 or beyond with financing.

If you want something, save up for it. That is what I tell my 2.5 year old kid about her college.. "If you want to go to college, you better start saving because daddy is going to be going to Jets games."

She understands. :)

BZ

Remember that when she is your power of attorney and needs to decide between a lavish nursing home or a state institution.

You too will understand : )

:rl:

One thing I am TERRIBLE at is "monetizing". Check out the attached image. .01 for the day baby. We are in business now, lol. Google got mad at JetNation and made us a Page Rank 0. After that any hopes of having them pay us money were quickly squashed!

This mornings earning report is in. Gonna go buy some google stock once things pick up. :cheers:

http://jetnation.com/graphics/misc/google.jpg

wait.... we are supposed to click on those links to make you money???

If I would have known that.....

people save up for homes not for friggin sporting events....clearly you are in a different state than us BZ which is great for you...

That is the thing -- I wouldn't knock anyone who pays it. I just feel closer to the common fan (SINCE I AM ONE) and I know a lot of people financing or not wouldn't be able to do 5 grand.

Turned out to be Smoke & mirrors - I do apologize - The Giants Fan had heard a rumor - A good one too from almost a year ago...

http://sportsbiznews.blogspot.com/2007/03/national-football-league-sports.html

Half being all sound - it appears that would be the low end of the PSL...

And now the worst news - Via Peter King in December of 2007:

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:bWbGknSMkikJ:sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/12/09/week14/4.html+Personal+seat+license+new+york+giants&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=40&gl=us

That could mean between $5-75,000.00 per seat?!!:baby:

I am of the strong belief that since the Cowboys are not moving into their stadium until 2011 - they are attempting to hold onto some of their fans who may or may not wish to dole out that much doe - So to speak.

As for our two partners - I am beginning to believe that they are ringing their hands in an attempt to wait until after the winter meeting later this month to drop the bomb in the New York city area - and Baby, are the NY press going to go off!

The party might really be over!

I think if the Jets do it and the Giants don't then the media will go off.

If they both do it (And I think they will) I think you will hear very little unless of course the go the Jerrry Jones route and put the prices through the roof.

Right now the Giants can do no wrong. They are the Super Bowl Champs, the media darlings right now so if they decided to announce it the talk shows would be like "Hey this is the price you have to pay, this is the way sports is now". The Jets will just piggy back along.

Now if the Giants do it and the Jets don't I still don't think you would be an issue but if the Jets do it and the Giants don't then the talk shows will go absolutely beserk ripping the Jets.

The Giants in my eyes hold the key. If they don't do it then in all honesty I don't think Woody has a choice. If he does do it he will get absolutely destroyed by the fans, media.

Archived