My feelings on the off-season

Irish Jet

I really hope we do make a big impact this off-season. We have the cap room so hopefully we can be a big player in free agency. I'm not so sure about going after Asante Samuel quite simply because of:

1) The amount of money he will be looking for.

2) We already have a damn good CB in Revis, we have more pressing needs than another #1 CB.

If we did sign him I wouldn't complain too much, at least it would show this team is at least trying to become a contender.

The positions we need to address primarily IMO are on the lines more specifically LG, RT and on defence NT. It has been a long time since I've seen a Jets team that has been able to dominate teams up front either on offence or defence. The games are won and lost in the trenches and I am so sick of watching our lineman (on both sides of the ball) getting dominated and pushed around like little bitches. I hope we bring in some real talent in these areas (and not plug-ins/backups like Kimo or Jones)

Some players I'd like to see the Jets go after are:

Shaun Rogers (not a FA but may leave Detroit, could be aqquired by trade) - would provide that huge body in the heart of our 3-4 D which we have needed so desperately

D.J Hackett - Has shown a lot of potential in Seattle when healthy, would give us a great recieving core (presuming Coles stays which after recent outbursts I'm a bit unsure of)

Stacey Andrews or Ryan Lilja - We need a LG, badly!! Either of these 2 would be huge upgrades. Faneca could be an option but may be a too expensive to be worth it.

Clark Haggans - Veteran of the 3-4 scheme and would be a great upgrade in our LB core. Is very underated IMO in that Pittsburgh D and I think he would really improve our front 7 which already has a young stud to build around in Harris.

They are just some players who I'd like to think we'd look at, all of which I believe would help the team.

I'm not sure who I really fancy for the Jets in this draft TBH. The popular opinion seems to be Gholston, but I really haven't been too impressed by what I've seen from him in OSU games. He dissapears too often for my liking. Obviously the comine will have a big impact in what happens but right now I wouldn't mind us trying to trade down and aqquire someone like Quinton Groves or Derrick Harvey, both of which I think could be even better prospects than Gholston. If somehow Chris Long is available at 6, I think we definetly take him.

Please Tangini, make me proud. (For once)

Tangini has yet to make one impact signing in free agency. It's time for that to change.

In order to get good players, you need to spend the dough. And we certainly have the money, that's not secret.

Agree, this whole good charachter crap has to go too. If a player can play, we should get him. **** the good charachter boy scouts ****e and just get some quality players FFS.

Agree, this whole good charachter crap has to go too. If a player can play, we should get him. **** the good charachter boy scouts ****e and just get some quality players FFS.

I don't think we should go bengals style and get thugs and criminals. But your average nfl players with your average nfl player problems and talent would be nice.

Agreed. Guys like Pacman Jones are a step too far but you get my point.

Great sig, I just don't think we only need high-character guys, I'll take a no character guy who can ball. I'd just rather stay away from low character guys who are going to get arrested and miss games.

Great sig, I just don't think we only need high-character guys, I'll take a no character guy who can ball. I'd just rather stay away from low character guys who are going to get arrested and miss games.

Very rarely can you tell though if a player is a low charachter coming out of college. He may have had some issues in the past but so do many players. I'd rather we just brought in players with the primary issue being ability. Then judge his charachter.

The Bengals though, just had too many pure thugs.

Very rarely can you tell though if a player is a low charachter coming out of college. He may have had some issues in the past but so do many players. I'd rather we just brought in players with the primary issue being ability. Then judge his charachter.

The Bengals though, just had too many pure thugs.

A very good analysis. I agree: we should not be paying two number 1 CBs. We have to spread it around. I like the idea of someone like Haggans who is a winner and comes from a good system. I just don't see how we get into the end zone next year unless we seriously upgrade our offense. Sure we need D, but we could not score. Small receivers, a back with no nose for the end zone (I know the OL sucked but come on, TJ, you stunk on the goal line), a QB who could not "stick it". I want KC to have tools. I want a really good WR. I would also like a new OC. I am very skeptical of Schott. But I know that is not going to happen. I will I gve Schott this: we were probably running a Chad offense last year. I would like to see more of a Vinny offense this year. Vertical routes, etc. I cannot take these 14 play drives where one illegal procedure penalty finishes you. I know there is no such receiver at 6. I was impressed with Hackett in the Skins playoff game. But if he is a guy who misses games........

Archived