Jets to pursue Faneca - TFYDraft.com

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All things being equal that is true. Check the available cap space. All things are not equal.

I just think vets will shy away from Ft Bragg, I do not get the impression

that faneca will wear green and white. Sometimes it just isn't about the coin.

Wifey has big say as well as well as climate and Whisenhunt a former Pitt

coach.

coach.

The coaches and climate will make AZ his preference I am sure. But he isn't taking a discount to go there. If they can't offer the $$$ it won't happen.

Somebody is DEFINITELY going to overpay for Faneca. I don't think it will be the Jets. He is a good fit but he is getting paid regardless.

coach.

According to reports Ive read, AZ isnt even in the hunt for him.

So far it seems as if its a three way race between us, San Fran, and Tampa Bay. If we miss on him, Jacob Bell or Justin Smiley would be good fall back otions. Stay tuned.

According to reports Ive read, AZ isnt even in the hunt for him.

So far it seems as if its a three way race between us, San Fran, and Tampa Bay. If we miss on him, Jacob Bell or Justin Smiley would be good fall back otions. Stay tuned.

Cardinals Interested In Free Agent OG Alan Faneca

The Cardinals have interest in free agent Alan Faneca, according to the Arizona Republic. The Cards still don't have the cap space to get him. Faneca is said to be in search of a Steve Hutchinson type deal (seven years, $49 million), but Hutch had just turned 28 when he got that money. Faneca turns 32 this year.

Source: Arizona Republic

:character0255:

Looks like they are.

:character0255:

Looks like they are.

All that article said is that the Cardinals would be interested in him, not that they'd try to sign him. Im sure we were interested in Zach Thomas and would be interested in Donte Stallworth and/or Randy Moss if they were to hit the open market, but I think we know that we dont have a realistic shot at those players, and wont go out of our way for those players.

It seems as if Arizona is not at the point where they would want to rebalance their whole cap situation for a 30 something year old guard.

I'll bet whatever you want that Faneca doesnt end up in Arizona.

Arizona originally had only $2.1 million in cap space but after releasing Oliver Ross, Terence Holt and another player they now are around $9 million under the cap. Faneca could be signed by them so they are now officially in the Faneca sweepstakes.

We'll see what happens. The Jets better make a very, very strong push.

an experienced Left guard is exally wat we are missing. The o line ran so smooth with Pete Kendall there(i think if we had him we wouldve been atleast 10-6) Alan faneca is a upgrade from pete kendall on the field but kendall coached dabrick and mangold. if jets dont push for him ill be pissed.

Pete kendal was great when he was a veteran presence for two rookies, but they are gonna be 3rd year starters and capable of playing next to any competent guard. I think people are assuming that we need a veteran between these two just because kendal was. I guarantee you plug anyone that isn't adrian clarke between them last year and you would have seen a drastic improvement; clarke was just that bad, plain and simple. What we need is a competent left guard, rookie or veteran, as long as he's capable of playing he'll be fine.

Archived