McFadden's official combine weigh in

Iceman88

I was trying to find a profile first. Second, he was pushing off. But again, I'll leave it to you to show me ONE picture where his lower body looks stout. If you say I was being too choosy with the pictures of others, then YOU be just as choosy. Closeup, far away, I won't be so picky. Find me ONE picture. ONE.

Typical mod. Always looking for men with stout lower bodies.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was trying to find a profile first. Second, he was pushing off. But again, I'll leave it to you to show me ONE picture where his lower body looks stout. If you say I was being too choosy with the pictures of others, then YOU be just as choosy. Closeup, far away, I won't be so picky. Find me ONE picture. ONE.

I'm not trying to do that because if you'd read my posts I actually agree that DMC does have a small lower body and it is a concern. I just didn't agree with your comparison to AP who IMO has a similar enough lower body.

Peterson has or at least had (in Oklahoma) pretty skinny legs too. He's overcome that, McFadden could too IMO, I'm not saying he will just that he could.

I'm not trying to do that because if you'd read my posts I actually agree that DMC does have a small lower body and it is a concern. I just didn't agree with your comparison to AP who IMO has a similar enough lower body.

Peterson has or at least had (in Oklahoma) pretty skinny legs too. He's overcome that, McFadden could too IMO, I'm not saying he will just that he could.

Dumbass. I set you up perfectly so you could post this:

guinness.jpg

I don't know why I bother.

Oh - and no way we should take that skinny m-f'er #6.

Dumbass. I set you up perfectly so you could post this:

guinness.jpg

I don't know why I bother.

Oh - and no way we should take that skinny m-f'er #6.

:rl::rl::rl:

POTW NOM

I don't know how the hell I didn't cop on to that.

Oh - and I agree, I want Gholston, I'm only arguing because your annoying.;-)

WTF ?

I hate how people try to find little **** to make us think McFadden will be a horrible pick. This guy has some talent, size is highly overrated in the league. Face the damn facts, we need this guy.

People aren't trying to find things wrong with them, they FOUND something wrong with him. Have you watched him this year?? well if you have then you understand that when he gets hit he goes down, he's not a pile pusher or someone that seems to have the amazing lateral mobility of AD. If anyone can find me one single video, just one, of him pushing the pile an extra yard or two than i'll change my opinion. But until than, I remain steadfast that he is extremely fast with good vision and goes down on the first contact.

I agree that his lower body is a concern and that is the primary reason I'm not sold on him, like Mayock pointed out they seem to go dead on contact.

I do believe he can bulk up his lower body which would not hurt his speed IMO.

You're correct. This is why he is not considered to be a complete back. He's another Leon Washington only I think Washington is better. Washington doesn't go down on contact. McFadden has small legs and is not capable of going up the middle unless there is a big hole. He's all hype.

People aren't trying to find things wrong with them, they FOUND something wrong with him. Have you watched him this year?? well if you have then you understand that when he gets hit he goes down, he's not a pile pusher or someone that seems to have the amazing lateral mobility of AD. If anyone can find me one single video, just one, of him pushing the pile an extra yard or two than i'll change my opinion. But until than, I remain steadfast that he is extremely fast with good vision and goes down on the first contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU0nPKbYx6w&feature=related

There are a lot of NFL running backs who are known for not breaking tackles, but because of there moves. McFadden is highly overrated and is just one move away from a 40 yard run. I don't think we had a 40 yard play all season. This is a disgrace, we don't have one play maker on this team.

What in the bloody hell is wrong with this kid ? He can play football. End of discussion.

DRAFT THIS GUY TANGINI!!!

A few months ago people were overrating McFadden, not they are underrating him.

He's going to be a very valuable player to any team he goes to. He's a no brainer at #6 in this draft.

Everyone in the NFL has speed. This is why guys like Reggie Bush come out and their longest run in 2 years is 22 yards. You need more than home run capability to break the long one in the NFL. He is not even the best RB in this draft.

Everyone in the NFL has speed. This is why guys like Reggie Bush come out and their longest run in 2 years is 22 yards. You need more than home run capability to break the long one in the NFL. He is not even the best RB in this draft.

He's better than Bush, easily. Much more physical and willing. We'll see if he's the best or not from this draft. Mendendall is no slouch either, but McFadden has done it for 3 years in the SEC and Mendenhall for only 1 (in the Big 10).

He's better than Bush, easily. Much more physical and willing. We'll see if he's the best or not from this draft. Mendendall is no slouch either, but McFadden has done it for 3 years in the SEC and Mendenhall for only 1 (in the Big 10).

I disagree. Bush was a WAY better receiver coming out and he was about equal in lower body strength.

There is one major difference which will seperate Bush and McFadden.

When Reggie takes a handoff he stutters and cuts until a hole appears, he doesn't have good vision at all and really struggles to find and hit the hole immediately. Watching McFadden at Arkansas the main plus about his running is his vision, he doesn't hesitate in running straight towards it and burst through it. He will have a much better career rushing than Reggie IMO.

Also he is very good at breaking tackles that are high and has a tremendous stiff arm. If anyone touches Bush he goes down. McFadden is better suited as a runner than Bush.

I disagree. Bush was a WAY better receiver coming out and he was about equal in lower body strength.

Better receiver, yes. Lower body strength (breaking tackles), all things considered I'd say McFadden has the edge there.

Bushs' problem isnt that he is too small, its that he runs scared, trying to bounce everything outside and juking people out. McFadden may not be a very physical back but he at least attempts to run people over and get in their face.

I'm not gonna write off Bush just yet either.

Barton and IJ - you both make great points about Bush's dancing. I will be interested to see all of DMC's workout numbers to see just how strong his lower body.

The dancing behind the LOS has nothing to do with lower body strength, it's about running style and vision more than anything else.

There is one major difference which will seperate Bush and McFadden.

When Reggie takes a handoff he stutters and cuts until a hole appears, he doesn't have good vision at all and really struggles to find and hit the hole immediately. Watching McFadden at Arkansas the main plus about his running is his vision, he doesn't hesitate in running straight towards it and burst through it. He will have a much better career rushing than Reggie IMO.

Also he is very good at breaking tackles that are high and has a tremendous stiff arm. If anyone touches Bush he goes down. McFadden is better suited as a runner than Bush.

We don't yet know if McFadden will stutter at the NFL level. When those holes are harder to come by, some guys just instinctively hold back for a second or half-second hoping one emerges. And then they get tackled. Exhibit A: Thomas Jones. Who is far more compactly built, was a "great" prospect in his own right, didn't do that at Virginia, and is now a f'ing stubborn mule with his dancing Bear thing. Martin did it too here a lot. Jets fans just used to call it "patience" in letting the play unravel.

Difference is, MOST of those college RB's who "burst through the line" in college will just burst INTO the line at the NFL level. The defenders are too big, too strong, too fast, too experienced, and too sure-tacklers to do that with the same, seemingly effortless ease with which they did it in college.

We don't yet know if McFadden will stutter at the NFL level. When those holes are harder to come by, some guys just instinctively hold back for a second or half-second hoping one emerges. And then they get tackled. Exhibit A: Thomas Jones. Who is far more compactly built, was a "great" prospect in his own right, didn't do that at Virginia, and is now a f'ing stubborn mule with his dancing Bear thing. Martin did it too here a lot. Jets fans just used to call it "patience" in letting the play unravel.

Difference is, MOST of those college RB's who "burst through the line" in college will just burst INTO the line at the NFL level. The defenders are too big, too strong, too fast, too experienced, and too sure-tacklers to do that with the same, seemingly effortless ease with which they did it in college.

That is true.

McFadden though is a totally different back from Bush and Jones. he's all about speed, not agility. It's not his style to dance around because TBH he's just not very good at it. He's the type of back who will get it and just run straight towards the gap IMO. Bush used to stutter in college too, difference is it worked.

McFadden though is a totally different back from Bush and Jones. he's all about speed, not agility. It's not his style to dance around because TBH he's just not very good at it. He's the type of back who will get it and just run straight towards the gap IMO. Bush used to stutter in college too, difference is it worked.

That makes me want him even less. So he's just a straight-ahead runner (however fast he is) with a skinny lower body?

You'd think that we have no other holes to fill. Pass.

That makes me want him even less. So he's just a straight-ahead runner (however fast he is) with a skinny lower body?

You'd think that we have no other holes to fill. Pass.

You say a striaght ahead runner as though he just runs into the line. See what I said, he hits the gap which means he will break through the line and get to the 2nd level often (Bush hardly ever gets to the 2nd level running). He will utilize his home run speed more than Reggie does IMO.

You say a striaght ahead runner as though he just runs into the line. See what I said, he hits the gap which means he will break through the line and get to the 2nd level often (Bush hardly ever gets to the 2nd level running). He will utilize his home run speed more than Reggie does IMO.

You said he sucks and I agree with you. lol

I don't think he sucks. I just think the Jets are better-off going in a different direction. There are too many holes to fill without "solidifying" a position that you can reap success with a low-round prospect if your line is good.

Vikings have "secured" their RB position with a good talent (Taylor) and a Godike talent (Peterson). And the team still sucks.

I don't think he sucks. I just think the Jets are better-off going in a different direction. There are too many holes to fill without "solidifying" a position that you can reap success with a low-round prospect if your line is good.

Vikings have "secured" their RB position with a good talent (Taylor) and a Godike talent (Peterson). And the team still sucks.

I agree, I'm leaning more towards drafting Gholston or trading down than getting DMC.

I think e could be a heck of a player though.

That team sucks because they have Tarvaris Jackson at QB. Peterson was the main reason that team sniffed the playoffs, lets be real.

That team sucks because they have Tarvaris Jackson at QB. Peterson was the main reason that team sniffed the playoffs, lets be real.

Put Pennington on that team and they're a SB contender. Seriously.

McFadden just did a good broad jump (I think that's what it was). Not sure exactly what he got but they said it was better than Petersons last year.

Archived