Moss Signed by the Cheats?

DonCorleone

Needell: Moss-Pats update

by Paul Needell Monday March 03, 2008, 2:17 PM

ESPN's Chris Mortenson is reporting Patriots star WR Randy Moss and the team have agreed on a $27-million, three-year contract. Details to come when there's more info.

This should calm down Patriots Nation, panicked over the loss of CBs Asante Samuel (Eagles) and Randall Gay (Saints).

A nice way for the Belicheats to divert attention away from the losses in free agency.

Similarly, it's no coincidence that the Steelers have announced the mega-new deal for QB Ben Roethlisberger ($102 million, eight years, $36 million guaranteed) on the same day the Jets officially introduce ex-Steelers LG Alan Faneca. Don't think for a second teams don't react to losses during free agency.

It's often about public perception. Fans do count. Teams have to justify what they do to ticket buyers paying more every year for the right to put their fannies in the seats.

Needell: Moss-Pats update

by Paul Needell Monday March 03, 2008, 2:17 PM

ESPN's Chris Mortenson is reporting Patriots star WR Randy Moss and the team have agreed on a $27-million, three-year contract. Details to come when there's more info.

This should calm down Patriots Nation, panicked over the loss of CBs Asante Samuel (Eagles) and Randall Gay (Saints).

A nice way for the Belicheats to divert attention away from the losses in free agency.

Similarly, it's no coincidence that the Steelers have announced the mega-new deal for QB Ben Roethlisberger ($102 million, eight years, $36 million guaranteed) on the same day the Jets officially introduce ex-Steelers LG Alan Faneca. Don't think for a second teams don't react to losses during free agency.

It's often about public perception. Fans do count. Teams have to justify what they do to ticket buyers paying more every year for the right to put their fannies in the seats.

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll::bwahaharoll:

NO WAY this TURD will last turd free now that he has his free agent windfall,,

watch out NE for arrests, beatings, the whole nine yards that a mega millionaire Randy Moss will bring ya

This scares me, as it should for any Jets, Bills, or Fins fan.

If Moss stays, he might not necessarily reproduce last years numbers, but you can bet he'll still be as effective as ever. Stallworth is gone, but Welker and Gaffney aren't. Brady will still be licking his chops over the weapons available to him.

And with next year's easy schedule, I would not be surprised if they made another run at 16-0.

I don't think 9 mil per year is all that crazy for the single season TD reception king. Call me nuts.

Plus, one thing some of you don't get. It's all about the up-front bonus money - the guaranteed stuff.

It's all wishful thinking on your parts - thinking he will implode. Maybe he will. Maybe Damien Woody will blow-up to 475 pounds. I mean, it's all speculative.

I don't think 9 mil per year is all that crazy for the single season TD reception king. Call me nuts.

Plus, one thing some of you don't get. It's all about the up-front bonus money - the guaranteed stuff.

It's all wishful thinking on your parts - thinking he will implode. Maybe he will. Maybe Damien Woody will blow-up to 475 pounds. I mean, it's all speculative.

Moss took less to stay with Mumbles

Iggles offered more and I'm sure Jones would have too

$15m guaranteed is low compared to others.

Who's the whack job that gave Bernard Berrian $7mil a year? That's just flat out stupid.

lol, no sh*t.

Minnesota gave him a 6 year/$42M contract. He's fast, certainly has talent, and will occasionally be on the receiving end of a big play; but he's really inconsistent & drops a lot of passes. But they were desperate, I guess. Lots of teams overpay for so-so players (who are occasionally great & occasionally awful) when they're in that situation. Hopefully we didn't do the same with Damien Woody. He's a #2 WR getting paid like a top-5 WR.

Archived