LIneman in round 2????

NOExcusesNYJ

just a quick thought. obviously our line is MUCH better than last offseason. are most of you still thinking OL in round 2? I would love to take someone like Gosder Cherilous and either groom him, or maybe move him to guard alongside woody? or move woody back to guard and cherilous next to him. that is some serious potential. thoughts?

just a quick thought. obviously our line is MUCH better than last offseason. are most of you still thinking OL in round 2? I would love to take someone like Gosder Cherilous and either groom him, or maybe move him to guard alongside woody? or move woody back to guard and cherilous next to him. that is some serious potential. thoughts?

From what we've read here Woody at guard did NOT exactly work out very well last year. I'd be in favor of drafting a young O lineman in the 2nd or possibly 3rd round. Someone we can develop to replace Woody or Moore down the road.

Too many people forget that they gave Brandon Moore a pretty big 5 or 6 year contract last year. I'm not saying he is great but unless they have a way of eating that money he is going to be their RG for the next few years. Besides that, he was not the problem on the line last year. He has been starting for the team for a number of years now and that includes the years the line was solid.

If they draft an OL, it should be in the 4th round to develop - they have two 4th rounders now and maybe another if they can finish this trade of D-Rob. I'm all for them developing a guy but the bottom line is that their starters are in place for the next three or four years - all are signed for a while and for good money.

This is why I like the Woody signing. It gives the Jets some flex with what they do with Cherilous or whatever linemen they draft in Round 2.

Woody and Cherilous on the right side for the next 5 years? Two big physical players from O-line factory Boston College? Sign me up.

From what we've read here Woody at guard did NOT exactly work out very well last year. I'd be in favor of drafting a young O lineman in the 2nd or possibly 3rd round. Someone we can develop to replace Woody or Moore down the road.

My understanding of Woody at guard is, he had a serious foot injury in 06. Ballooned up because he couldn't work out, and was put at guard. His endurance was way down, lost his job due to conditioning.

He lost 40 pounds, was tried at RT, and did an outstanding job.

I think it is very possible that they will draft a RT, and slide Woody back to RG. Moore, where as he is a some what weak starter, would be an excellent back up

My understanding of Woody at guard is, he had a serious foot injury in 06. Ballooned up because he couldn't work out, and was put at guard. His endurance was way down, lost his job due to conditioning.

He lost 40 pounds, was tried at RT, and did an outstanding job.

I think it is very possible that they will draft a RT, and slide Woody back to RG. Moore, where as he is a some what weak starter, would be an excellent back up

Whether or not they draft a RT prospect in the second round depends on (a) who is there (Cherilious may not be there, neither might Nicks or Albert or Baker) and (B) how much the Jet really like their own guys, Bender, Turner, etc

I would like to see them draft another defensive lineman. i am not convinced that Ellis is gonna benefit much from the addition of Jenkins. I just dont think he has adapted to the 3-4 DE position.

Whether or not they draft a RT prospect in the second round depends on (a) who is there (Cherilious may not be there, neither might Nicks or Albert or Baker) and (B) how much the Jet really like their own guys, Bender, Turner, etc

I would like to see them draft another defensive lineman. i am not convinced that Ellis is gonna benefit much from the addition of Jenkins. I just dont think he has adapted to the 3-4 DE position.

I think its Hardy in the second round WR Indiana... the jets interviewd him at the combine..

I think its Hardy in the second round WR Indiana... the jets interviewd him at the combine..

I dont think Hardy will be there in the second round. His combine was too good. and he had a great college career. And he is so big and fast. He would be such a perfect fit for the Jets.

The Jets (I think) also interviewed Cason.

They will consider trade offers, for sure. Whether a decent one comes is the question.

Too many people forget that they gave Brandon Moore a pretty big 5 or 6 year contract last year. I'm not saying he is great but unless they have a way of eating that money he is going to be their RG for the next few years. Besides that, he was not the problem on the line last year. He has been starting for the team for a number of years now and that includes the years the line was solid.

If they draft an OL, it should be in the 4th round to develop - they have two 4th rounders now and maybe another if they can finish this trade of D-Rob. I'm all for them developing a guy but the bottom line is that their starters are in place for the next three or four years - all are signed for a while and for good money.

They gave him a pretty long contract, not a pretty big one. Easy to cut him if that's what they want to do.

Contract-wise, this is his make-or-break year with us since he's due a $5M roster bonus in 2009. If it looks like he'll be here a while, we'll pay it. Otherwise we'll let him go. With the market being what it is, a guy who's been an NFL starter for 5 years without a missed start & still relatively young (turns 28 in June) will get paid.

It's here that Woody's value comes into play. If Moore is by FAR the weakest link & we think we can do better, move Woody to RG and get a new RT (or get a new RG outright). Plus Woody can teach Moore & Ferguson how to eat.

Plus Woody can teach Moore & Ferguson how to eat.

I think you have hit on the key to the success of the Jets OL this year. Maybe why they brought these guys in.

Force D-Brick to alternate weeks living in Jenkins and Woody's house during the offseason. Requiring him to eat everything they eat.

Both these guy were pushing 400 last season. D-Brick will come into camp at 335

This is why I like the Woody signing. It gives the Jets some flex with what they do with Cherilous or whatever linemen they draft in Round 2.

Woody and Cherilous on the right side for the next 5 years? Two big physical players from O-line factory Boston College? Sign me up.

I'll sign up for that as well...I would love to see us take Gosder Cherilious. Man-Mountain of a RT. We take him and we're set for the next 7-10 years at LT,C,RT...would just need new guards within the next 3-5 years.

Archived