he NY Daily News suggests that the Jets' free agent spending frenzy shows they're in

KudosForND

The NY Daily News suggests that the Jets' free agent spending frenzy shows they're in win-now mode and could start Chad Pennington at QB in 2008.

The Jets have signed up to pay $138 million, including over $63 million in guarantees, in the last four days. GM Mike Tannenbaum says he's not trying for a "quick fix" and that the signings were made with the future in mind.

Source: New York Daily News

i think thats so stupid

Why would they say that? Last year we made countless moves to free up cap-space to be in a position to make a run like this. This has been planned out long ago.

It's no suprise that we've needed help on the OL, help on the DL and an improved pass-rush.

Lets win now. Lets win for a while.

This is all 100% speculation on the writers part. I hate the idea of chad starting, but this guy has no idea whether he will or not.

Absolutely. But to me it means they will keep Chad whereas before these moves I would have expected them to trade him.

These guys odbviously have a plan, and though i was ready to see had and the Jets move on I agree with the point that Chad could be successful behind this revamped o-line. Anyone ever wonder if the reason the Jets are not openly saying they will trade Chad is because they want to up his trade value before the draft?

either way i'm ok. either win now or win in 4 years. I've waited this long, 4 yrs won't kill me

I agree to a poit JW -- I am sick of this yo-yo effect this team has had for the last 6 seasons -- up one year down the next -- I want some consistencey - a contending team for 5 or 6 seasons straight like some other teams -- :box:

I agree.

Brodie Croyle looked better than Clemens behind a worse line and against a better defense.

Stop it. I was at that game. I think Croyle had one completion in the first half. Conditions were terrible. Clemens looked bad. But Croyle was worse.

Its not saying much for either QB, but its true.

Stop it. I was at that game. I think Croyle had one completion in the first half. Conditions were terrible. Clemens looked bad. But Croyle was worse.

Its not saying much for either QB, but its true.

Go back and watch the tape and you will see that Croyle looked better than Clemens did. As a matter of fact that goes for the whole season.

Go back and watch the tape and you will see that Croyle looked better than Clemens did. As a matter of fact that goes for the whole season.

Go back and watch the tape? Are you kidding? That is uncalled for; what did i ever do to you except disagree about Clemens v Croyle? Its not like we're comparing Peyton to Brady. They were both awful. But at least Clemens played well at the end and the Jets won the game. That must count for something. Also, Cotch dropped a sure TD bomb early in the game that I think would have changed the complection of the game.

:)

Go back and watch the tape? Are you kidding? That is uncalled for; what did i ever do to you except disagree about Clemens v Croyle? Its not like we're comparing Peyton to Brady. They were both awful. But at least Clemens played well at the end and the Jets won the game. That must count for something. Also, Cotch dropped a sure TD bomb early in the game that I think would have changed the complection of the game.

:)

I didn't mean to offend you.

Clemens has shown no more than Croyle in his career so far and I felt Croyle outplayed him in that game. That is all I'm saying.

I didn't mean to offend you.

Clemens has shown no more than Croyle in his career so far and I felt Croyle outplayed him in that game. That is all I'm saying.

I wasnt offended, thus the :)

Its all good.

Archived