OT: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

gg

Took the kids to see this tonight. They shouldn't have remade it. Laughed once or twice. That's it.

I thought they did a terrible job of casting this movie. JOhnny Depp was alright. The effects were really nothing great.

But the biggest thing really was that it just wasn't that funny.

Took the kids to see this tonight. They shouldn't have remade it. Laughed once or twice. That's it.

I thought they did a terrible job of casting this movie. JOhnny Depp was alright. The effects were really nothing great.

But the biggest thing really was that it just wasn't that funny.

i laughed a ton! I guess we have different taste in movies ;):lol: have you seen and liked any of tim burton's other movies?

i laughed a ton! I guess we have different taste in movies ;):lol: have you seen and liked any of tim burton's other movies?

geegee, I'm torn because I like Tim Burton, but you & I are worlds apart on what's hot & what's not! :lol:

Not sure of everything he made. He did ScissorHands I think which I liked. The XMAS thing was good. His new one coming out in Sept looks good. And I usually like Depp.

Thought he laid an egg on this one though.

Not sure of everything he made. He did ScissorHands I think which I liked. The XMAS thing was good. His new one coming out in Sept looks good. And I usually like Depp.

Thought he laid an egg on this one though.

i respectfully disagree ;)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping that the Ghost Rider movie gets made. That was always my fave growing up. It better be Johnny Blaze, and it better not have Nicholas Cage in it.

Excelsior!

Do I get a no-prize?

Even better True Believer - I saw a preview - IT ROCKS!

1-large.jpg

t.jpg

It is Johnny Blaze. However, It also is Nicholas Cage - which isn't so bad. After all, the Rider will be CGI!

Besides, who else but the original "Captain America" Peter Fonda, would you want to play Mephisto?

I was not amused by this movie either. I definitely like the original better. The kids seemed to like it because of the quirky music and bright colors but not too many laughs in the theatre when I saw it!

Sorry greengal, I was not a fan. :( Everyone's taste in movies is different. :)

thats ok JFBM ..sorry to lead you astray :( but you are correct about tastes in movies... i LOVED the original also :D

Yeah I was pretty sure you were calling me a dummy.

Good call. You are correct sir!

yes because i am nooooo dummy ;):lol:

are we talking ventriloquist here or just the garden variety dummy?

Max, how can you be a dummy? You're a techie. You probably just have no common sense. :wink:

No you are way off. I don't have the highest I.Q. But I do have common sense and street smarts.

The main benefit of being poor.

You wanna make out? Y[]N[]M[]

Wait....I forgot...not funny. :lol: Woo Hoo

Are you trying to seduce me with that hardware talk, V? All you gotta do now is mention EGGPLANT and we're cookin'! :wink:

Missed you as well, my dear. :D

Definitely not yours...that new baby would be a sure fire mood killer, no? :lol:

Well then, what do you say we meet in the middle? Fredricksburgh, Va is nice. And we can even take 'heelz advice and get a room if you like. :lol:

Baby is a mood killer, but a CUTIE!

Well then, what do you say we meet in the middle. Fredricksburgh, Va is nice. And we can even take 'heelz advice and get a room if you like. :lol:

Yeah, and we can go see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and confirm, once and for all, that greengal is crazy! :lol::lol:

Yeah, and we can go see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory and confirm, once and for all, that greengal is crazy! :lol::lol:

who me??? crazy ???:lol: i much rather be that then a lot of other things... at least it could be fun ;):mrgreen:

No you are way off. I don't have the highest I.Q. But I do have common sense and street smarts.

The main benefit of being poor.

Other benefits--

1. more "meat-by-products" in your diet. delicious.

2. the right to resentment. Poor people are allowed to resent everyone and everything mo matter what. I come from a long line of government cheese eaters. And I resent the very air I breathe. (damned rich people smoking their pipes and clouding up my air--while petting their damned labrador retrievers and forcing me to breathe in their allergens--not to mention that they do this sitting by the fire which lets burning woodsmoke and excess Cee-oh-two exasperate my damned asthma!... if I had asthma.)

3. less yardwork. poor people generally have little or no landscaping. I hate yardwork. I've never had to scape my land and I'm glad of it.

Other benefits--

1. more "meat-by-products" in your diet. delicious.

2. the right to resentment. Poor people are allowed to resent everyone and everything mo matter what. I come from a long line of government cheese eaters. And I resent the very air I breathe. (damned rich people smoking their pipes and clouding up my air--while petting their damned labrador retrievers and forcing me to breathe in their allergens--not to mention that they do this sitting by the fire which lets burning woodsmoke and excess Cee-oh-two exasperate my damned asthma!... if I had asthma.)

3. less yardwork. poor people generally have little or no landscaping. I hate yardwork. I've never had to scape my land and I'm glad of it.

That is funny....you need to post more!

Did I forget to mention that FoxJet & I own

logo3_1089744484.gif

http://shop.vendio.com/rockawayrogers

How else do you think we can afford season tickets, let alone the ability to travel twice a year!

I'm planning a trip to San Diego next July - just for the Comic-Con!

Thanks for the GR pics, I guess I could live with Nicholas Cage. At least it's Johnny Blaze and not Dan Ketch.

Quick question: What is the price of the Spider-Man book (I think it's Amazing #400) where Aunt May tells Peter that she knows he's Spider-Man?

Johnny Depp is a total f-ing A-hole! I saw a tv interveiw with him a few months ago where he bad mouthed the United States from A to Z.

He said that he lives in France because of his dislike for the US. He also said that he never wants his kids to grow up in the USA. What a dick!

:evil:

Thanks for the GR pics, I guess I could live with Nicholas Cage. At least it's Johnny Blaze and not Dan Ketch.

Quick question: What is the price of the Spider-Man book (I think it's Amazing #400) where Aunt May tells Peter that she knows he's Spider-Man?

Oh, you mean the DEATH OF AUNT MAY issue. As usual with most comics of the late 90' - today, Marvel overproduced the publication. It's worth between $3.00-$5.00. Based on it's condition.

Another reason that We've given up on selling comics - no resale value!

Archived