"Holy cow, it's POTW!!!" Edition of Post of the Week - March 13th, 2008

GreenBeans

Okay, so I'm as erratic as a man addicted to the Horse with a 90 pill prescription of Vicatin these days - blame the State of North Carolina and the University of North Carolina for that - they have both been keeping me busy lately. And speaking of the Tar Heels, how about that big win in Durham, huh? This team is for real, folks. One last thought on that contest, the Dookies - for the first time I can remember - showed a lot of class with their moment of silence and the Carolina blue ribbons at the game for Eve Carson. Both suspected murders is now in custody. I can only hope they treat both young men with the same disregard as they did to Ms. Carson when their day comes.

Anyhow, on to the nominations...

-----

Topic: The 1 Thing Mangini NEEDS To Do.

Originally Posted by Barton

Trade for a veteran who you know is not capable (ie not good enough of a player) to start a QB controversy.

Mark my words. If Clemens and Chad are on the team next year, it will be a losing season.

Originally Posted by Barton

woah, where did I say we should trade for a player "incapable of starting"?? I said a player incapable of starting a QB controvery. Somebody like Todd Collins or Kurt Warner. A guy who knows his place as a backup QB and doesnt necessarily need to start to be happy.

Originally Posted by #27TheDominator

I quoted it before and did it again. Hell, I'll bold it for you. We are not sure of Clemens ability as a starter. We have years worth of posts with you ranting that Pennington is not a capable starter and you are claiming you want somebody who is "not good enough of a player" to have a QB controversy? This is to replace Chad who, presumably according to your logic is therefore "good enough of a player" to have a QB controversy. If Clemens is any good he doesn't need to be protected like a bitch. If he does then he's the one we should be dumping.

There are plenty of valid reasons to move Chad, this is not one of them.

(Editor's Note: Well, to say one thing in defense of Barton's view - Chad does kinda own the locker room and that could easily create a controversy. That said, your logic is pretty sound #27)

-----

Topic: If Jets draft DMC who is more expendable?

Originally Posted by Instant Karma

If Jets draft DMC who is more expendable?

Mangini...

(Editor's Note: He said "expendable" not "expandable".)

-----

Topic: Jets Sign FB Tony Richardson

Originally Posted by #27TheDominator

I'm not negative about the move, I just don't feel like sucking off the FO for signing a 50 year old blocking FB that doesn't address what I consider is the major problem in the backfield. Oh yeah, he pretty much can't catch either. I'm not against it, I'm just not sure I even want this guy on the roster. Rather draft somebody that can catch and score from the one. Since I feel that way I'm not going to smile that we signed him. In the end it probably won't matter much one way or the other. Hopefully between him and the millions spent on the O line we'll have a running game.

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

So how old of a FB would it take for you to suck off the FO? Just curious.

(Editor's Note: Ummmm - 27, of course.)

-----

Originally Posted by bitonti

with thomas and pace there's not really a spot on teh field for gholston

Originally Posted by DieHardJetsFan

No, with Pace and Gholston there's really not a spot for Thomas on the field

(Editor's Note: He could always hang out and doubt things for the team...)

-----

Originally Posted by Scott Dierking

Gainzo, I think you are lumping all fans into one convenient heap for yourself. And you do that in an effort to be forming some type of agenda for yourself.

I can't speak for how every other Jet fan reacted here, but after the NE splurge last year, my comments were thinking that BB wanted to go out in a blaze of glory and was gearing up toward ensuring a SB run or 2. And then I thought he would ride off in teh sunset.

I was obviously wrong on both counts .

How that equates to critcizing and overpaying, I am not sure. Others seemed to share the same sentiment.

Regarding the Jet and this offseason, this does not make anything necessarily "rosey". It does help some fans here validate that the organization wants to win and will spend to do it. It was critically important for some fans to see that, as they were not expecting it, from some of the pre-FA talk I witnessed.

Score one for the Jet FO on that one. But, that is only part of the process.

Now, the Jet braintrust has squarely put itself in a WIN NOW mode. They have emptied the coiffers, and spent a few future bullets in aligning themselves with players that they have clearly bought into as "their" players. They have practically overturned every position from what they inherited on teh starting units, and now they have to manage and win with those players.

The offseason is easy, compared to that challenge. And I believe most Jet fans realize that.

The Jets COULD have continued to buy in to a building from within motif, remained criticized for it, and had an excuse for the slow turn-around from the previous regime. The have clearly gone for the quick fix, and paid $$ to do it. But, that guarantees nothing.

Right now, the burden is squarely on Mr Mangini and Mr Tannenbaum to WIN NOW. It doesn't mean it will happen, at least from this Jet fan's perspective. But , I admire the moxie, and shift of philosophy from last off-season.

(The Nomination: "POTW NOM ...mostly for using the word moxie in a post without sounding totally gay." - Sperm Edwards)

(Editor's Note: Moxie doesn't win games, but it sure does provide a fan base with some hope of better things to come...)

-----

Topic: Bears interested in McDropkins

Originally Posted by RSJ

I'm pretty sure it would be scientifically imposible for Grossman to be able to make a completiong with McDroppins.

(Editor's Note: Linguistically impossible, too.)

-----

Topic: Is D Mac really that good?

Is DMC that good?

YES. He's the most dynamic and dominating SEC tailback since Bo Jackson and Hershal Walker. He's a probable superstar.

Why wouldn't he go higher? Needs is part of it, the other part of it is contractually giving 30 or 20 mil to a running back not what alot of teams want to do.

He's a perfect fit for the Jets because he doesn't replace Thomas Jones or Leon Washington. He replaces Brad Smith. Slash player, can take snaps at QB,WR and RB, not every team has that package, and not every team will run their backs that way.

(Editor's Note: A #6 and that kinda cake is way too expensive for a "Slash" - unless it's for a G-n-R reunion of course.)

-----

Topic: Is D Mac really that good?

Originally Posted by Matt39

Im talking about in the NFL. You honestly think lining McFadden up at QB is going to work? Please.

College teams can run gimmicks because they work.

dude wake up, Vince Young won rookie of the year, pure gimmick.

Originally Posted by Matt39

Now we're comparing DMC to Vince Young?

Damn, now were really getting desperate.

(Editor's Note: Now? Where have you been the past three years?)

-----

Topic: Is bigbrother.com more reliable than jetnation.com?

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

go to cbs.com

vote for parker or alex

Originally Posted by Jet Moses

go to the 4th floor and throw yourself through a window.

Originally Posted by Alk

But if he only jumped from the 4th. floor it would probably just cripple him...cool!! :lol:

(Editor's Note: If you can get him up to 14 I'd be willing to "assist" him out the window.)

-----

Topic: QB controversy

Originally Posted by BroadwayJ667

I'm not buying it. I think Kellen Clemens is a good QB. Here's why. his record is what 3-5 or 3-4 right. well looking back at last years games that he started, he should/could have had three more wins had it not been for the people around him.

the three games, Baltimore, Washington, and Cleveland.

baltimore. all you really have to say is McCariens.

with washington, if it wasn't for a few dropped passes he was gonna lead them to a win. you could see that the team was energized on that overtime drive.

with cleveland. the fact that they repeatedly couldn't punch it in from the 5 was disheartening.

Now i hear people say he has happy feet. Aren't QBs supposed to have at least 4 seconds to pass. it's a bit hard to throw when a guy was in his face after 3.

Now in every game he started that the Jets lost, other than the dallas game. the jets were within a touchdown.

just like the first trailer for GTA4, "Things will be Different"

Originally Posted by RSJ

The defense also played lights out the second half of the season.

The Jets' offense scored 11 ppg with Pennington in there:

136 pts in CP's 9 games

-28 pts were scored by the Jets defense or special teams (2 Leon, 1 Rhodes, 1 Bowens)

-7 pts were meaningless garbage as time expired in the Cin game

-----

101 offensive points in 9 games = 11 ppg

(No defense is good enough to help that.)

The Jets' defense, on average, allowed 21 ppg in Pennington's games:

205 pts in 9 games

-14 pts were scored against us when the Jets' OFFENSE was on the field

-----

191 defensive points allowed in 9 games = 21 ppg

Now Clemens:

Jets offense scored 16 ppg in Clemens' 7 games:

126 pts in 7 games

-14 scored by Jets defense/special teams

-----

112 points in 7 games = 16 ppg.

Still putrid, but 5 ppg more than CP. Also rarely had 2 healthy WR's and had rec's drop TD passes in the EZ (which I didn't factor).

The Jets' defense, on average, allowed 18 ppg in Clemens' games:

140 pts allowed in 7 games

-14 pts were scored against us when the Jets' OFFENSE was on the field

-----

126 pts in 7 games = 18 ppg.

Good. Hardly "lights-out" & essentially a FG difference per game from CP's games. A FG is not the difference between lights-out and the worst D I've seen in years.

They both SUCKED last year, though the offense was clearly worse when Pennington was the QB. And stats aside, don't tell me you didn't notice it, even with Clemens' picks. If someone wants to point at the veteran CP's better QB rating or TD/INT ratio (compared to Clemens' first 7 NFL starts, on a team that often had 1 healthy starting WR), go ahead. They still put fewer points on the board when CP was the QB. B

ut based on last year, neither of them have earned a sure starting job heading into this summer. The job should be Clemens' to lose, since he was the starter after CP lost his job. And if he clearly loses it to CP over the summer, then Chad should start. Same as after the '06 season.

The NFL is, and should be, "What have you done for me lately?"

(The Nomination - "Congrats on another POTW win sperm (for the slow people here, I nominated this post for POTW and I believe it will win)" - Arsis)

(Editor's Note: Damn...just damn. You da man, Spermy. This post, however, is not the winner. :))

-----

Topic: the talent on Idol this year is lacking

Originally Posted by 124

Its sad enough that you watch American Idol.

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

well it was either watch idol or walk around Modells looking for my 543rd Replica Jersey

(Editor's Note: Whatcha get this time that throwback Johnny Mitchell?)

-----

Topic: Talk about a STEAL!

Originally Posted by 124

The day I start wearing tucked in maroon polo shirts is the day when I'm an old, old, OLD man. Or a father.

Neither which I see happening.

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

I have an opening in my company. You seem like a energetic young man.

Starting salary is only 100 K a year, but you can easily get to 300K after afew years.

Company car and use of condo at beach...

Only thing is , you have to wear tucked in maroon polo shirts...

Originally Posted by 124

Where do I sign?

(The Nomination - "Good Boy ;)" - SouthernJet)

(Editor's Note: Sell out.)

-----

Topic: Jet Pickups Getting Low Grades

Originally Posted by Nick Ferraro

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Free+Agency/2008/experts031008.htm

I like the agressive approach the Jets have had thus far. I do agree with some of comments in the article above though. Either way it's an interesting read.

Originally Posted by Kidhuman

I am more shocked Nick made his way out of the Vbookie section.

(Editor's Note: We have a VBookie section? Why am I left our of everything around here. :()

-----

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by Hate-128 Society

Topic: mike boogie hangs out with johnny fairplay and makes tmz

JR128's Next Project: TotalTardness

Posted Mar 10th 2008 2:58PM by TMZ Staff

Reality show whore Jetsrule 128 was in his community college on Friday where he showed the world how ridiculous he is, by "hogging." Never heard of it? Well, we're told it basically means he just hogs the internet as much a possible by posting total bulls**t. Why this guy is so hated is only baffling to the brain dead, or Utah Gangsta.

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE IDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEI DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEID IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE IDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEI DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEID IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE IDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEI DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEID IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE IDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEI DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEID IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEIDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE.

Thanks.

(Editor's Note: Cool, you dig old Metallica, too Panzer! Creeping Death, right? You must be awesome at a live show!)

-----

jericho is going to be a good episode tonight alk

Originally Posted by Alk

Seriously, just STFU.

(Editor's Note: The best and smartest thing Alk has said in six months. I hope 128 listens - or gets to that window soon.)

-----

Topic: Dropping The Ball

Originally Posted by Kidhuman

I thought this thread was about how Green Beans hasnt posted a POTW thread in awhile. Damn my psychic abilities are slipping.

(Editor's Note: I know, I know, I know...You've got POTW next week for me, right?)

-----

And this week's winner:

Topic: Chatman signs with the NYJ

Originally Posted by afosomf

and if DMC turns out to be an AP clone, you won't change your tune?

we have zero impact players on the Offensive side

Who gives a crap what he may or may not do for someone else? And I disagree on our not having impact players anyway.

I want us to win games, not see who gets the most FF points.

If we put points on the board, I don't care who's in the backfield.

And I don't believe for a second that McFadden would have been an "impact player" on the 2007 Jets. He would have sucked also. No one's "great" when you're met by two linemen and a linebacker after you take half a step.

Point is, I don't even know what we've got at RB b/c the OL and QB play has been so sh*tty for the past 3 years.

What do you want me to say?

I simply don't believe that the addition of this one player - and that only this one player will do - will suddenly make the offense great instead of lousy.

CLEARLY, some RB's have more talent than others. But usually the OL is more responsible for the dominance of a running game than the RB himself. I believe that.

Edgerrin James looked great in Indy. Went to Arizona & suddenly he wasn't just a little worse -- he was awful.

Dominic Rhodes - a low level talent at RB if I've ever seen one - steps in after Edge busts his knee up some years ago. Starts running around like he was some phenom that everyone should have known about.

Shaun Alexander - a legit first round talent. Looked like garbage almost instantly when his precious superman LG left the team.

Frank Gore - the OL was pushing people around better in '06 & he also looked like this unreal talent & we wondered how everyone could pass on him in the first 2 rounds of a pretty lousy 2005 draft. Then his OL loses Smiley, Larry Allen starts looking like he's 36 years old, Bust Staley starts at RT, and what happened to him? Over a yard per carry worse. Not even remotely the same player, even when he wasn't too banged up.

How about our own Thomas Jones. At or above the league average in ypc for a few years behind Chicago's solid OL & even had a good superbowl just prior to us signing him. Comes to the Jets & behind our sh*tbox run-blocking, he looks like a marginal improvement over Kevan Barlow.

Priest Holmes? Looked like nothing special for years in Baltimore. Put him behind that OL that Kansas City had & for a few years was one of the most productive RB's in history.

How about the slew of (supposedly) non-elite talents that have been thrown into the mix in Denver? Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary. Lol. If not for Denver's OL, you wouldn't have heard of any of them.

What happened to the super-stud Clinton Portis as soon as he left that Denver OL. I mean this guy was incredible, right? First 2 years with Denver has a career 5.5ypc, averaged over 15 TD's per season. He goes to Washington and hasn't been anything CLOSE to the lights-out talent he was thought to be.

So my answer is I don't give a crap. As talented as he is, most of the reason Peterson was that productive is because he plays behind that sick OL. On the Jets he surely would have looked better than Thomas Jones (and you can bet your ass I'd rather have AP than TJ) but whoever the primary ball-carrier was would have still mostly looked like sh*t.

Congratulations once again to Sperm Edwards on winning yet another Post of the Week. Keep the badge, it seems you own it lately. :)

Assist of the Week goes to the Chapel Hill, NC and Durham, NC Police Departments - good work this week catching two monsters (allegedly).

That's all I've got this week - back to work for the 'Bean.

gb

Okay, can we seriously lock SE out of any POTW discussion for at least a month and give some other posters a chance. It's obvious that the man is paying you a nice amount of vCash but come on. You can't actually spend that stuff.

I don't know beans, Sperm needs to be a bit more thorough. He left a lot of running backs to be desired. For instance, why did he only go back 10 years? There are more than 30 years of football to cover, and Sperm thinks we will all be saticfied with "terrell davis"? What about Gayle Sayers' offensive line?

IDK, i think sperm needs to start showing a little bit of effort. :cool:

I don't know beans, Sperm needs to be a bit more thorough. He left a lot of running backs to be desired. For instance, why did he only go back 10 years? There are more than 30 years of football to cover, and Sperm thinks we will all be saticfied with "terrell davis"? What about Gayle Sayers' offensive line?

IDK, i think sperm needs to start showing a little bit of effort. :cool:

I know - I must be getting soft in my old age. :)

Archived