Panthers Sign D.J. Hackett

Ghost

He's a complete idiot, I would love to play aside Steve Smith who constantly gets double and triple teamed.

Doesn't matter. Jarrett doesn't have the speed to play in the NFL.

This is a very good signing for the Panthers if DJ can stay healthy - he'd be an excellent no. 2 receiver. Smith and DJ is a nice duo of receivers.

Great signing. If Hackett stays healthy, they will have one of the best WR duos in the league.

It baffles me how Hackett can only get a two year deal, while trash like Jerry Porter who hasn't done **** in 3 years gets a gigantic contract. And Donte Stallworth, just as injury prone as Hackett, gets seven years from Cleveland.

I wasn't that big on him in FA b/c I thought he'd get one of those $5-6M/yr deals. At 2 years/$3.5M total he is a steal with that upside. We should have gone after him at that price. He may be injured all year for all I know, but he was deadly when healthy.

Which begs the question, with Coles on his way out why didn't Tanebaum go after this guy?

If Hackett has 800 yds and 8 td's and Calvin Pace sucks I'm seriously gonna be pissed off.

Doesn't matter. Jarrett doesn't have the speed to play in the NFL.

This is a very good signing for the Panthers if DJ can stay healthy - he'd be an excellent no. 2 receiver. Smith and DJ is a nice duo of receivers.

How slow can the guy be ? You don't have to be that fast to play WR.

The Jets should offer the Panthers a late round pick for Jarrett or a deal involving future considerations. Jarrett can be a good WR in the right system.We need to take a chance on this kid.

What's up with you and gang bangers ?

You supposedly believe in a " Mangini type player " but than again you also started threads about Pac-Man and DeAngelo Hall. Now this guy ? Haha come on man.

What's up with you and gang bangers ?

You supposedly believe in a " Mangini type player " but than again you also started threads about Pac-Man and DeAngelo Hall. Now this guy ? Haha come on man.

Every team needs a few bad boys,choir boys 4-12 dont get it done in the NFL. Plus a little attitude is a nice addition to any team.

Every team needs a few bad boys,choir boys 4-12 dont get it done in the NFL. Plus a little attitude is a nice addition to any team.

Theres a difference between bad boys on the field and off the field.

Ray Lewis is one of those players..I'll let you finish the rest.

The Jets should offer the Panthers a late round pick for Jarrett or a deal involving future considerations. Jarrett can be a good WR in the right system.We need to take a chance on this kid.

At least you don't still think we should give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him like you suggested yesterday.

Even though he is way, way too injury proned, I too am surprised he went for only $3.5 million over 2 years. Thats nuts. I thought he would get $3-5 million a year from someone. Very surprised.

Archived