Yankees pay homage to Virginia Tech victims

JetNation

Where are the Mess, Angels, Dodgers, Tigers and all of the other teams in baseball

Outstanding move by the Yankees....It would be nice to see other teams step up and do the "right" thing for a change

I guess that's why leaders lead, and the rest follow

Where are the Mess, Angels, Dodgers, Tigers and all of the other teams in baseball

Outstanding move by the Yankees....It would be nice to see other teams step up and do the "right" thing for a change

Classy move by the Yanks. I'm sure the Sox have enough on their minds with a trip to Japan, followed by a brutal April.

Also, doing the 'right' thing includes not patting yourself on the back while denigrating others.

Why does everything have to be a Red Sox vs Yankees thing?

What the Yankees did today was all class. Even better, I hear the VT-Tech colored Caps they wore were signed and will be auctioned off for charity - families that were victimized by the senseless act perhaps. Not sure. I will say, however, that the Yankees do have a propensity towards these good deeds and kudos for them. All Yankee haters should take pause for a moment. Say what you want about the team - but that organization always does the right thing.

Although the Sox haven't done anything like what the Yankees did today, and although I hate the FO (as everyone knows) what they do for the Jimmy Fund is nothing short of amazing. What they do for young kids afflicted with cancer is well chronicled in Boston. Their partnership with the Dana Farber Institute is long-standing and outstanding. That should be applauded too.

As a Blacksburg residennt and a Yankee fan who catches sh!t on a daily basis from co-workers, about it(all joking around), every one had nothing but good things to say about the Yankees. We had the game on every TV at work. It was a total class move by the Yankees to set this game up.

BTW Boston Sucks.

Boston will probably go and face Virgina Tech next year, because like JonEJet said, Leaders lead (Yankees), and the rest follow (Red Sox).

What have the Yankees been leading in lately? Most early playoff exits?

From a blurb in one of the local NY Dailies, there was some mention that 5 minutes after George Steinbrenner heard about the shooting, he called his PR guy and asked that they arrange something for St in 2008 with the Yankees and VT.

In addition, a pledge for $1 million was made.

Hate the Yankees all you want, you Bosox and Mets fans, but there is no denying that they do plenty of good with their "brand" name.

Definitely a classy move by the Yanks organization and Steinbrenner, but spare me the "holier than thou" BS. To suggest all 29 other MLB teams are douchebags because they didn't play a school that faced a tragedy is a joke. Many MLB teams do a great deal of community and charitable work. Just because it doesn't get a great deal of press coverage doesn't mean they're not doing their part.

Archived