The Weird And Wacko World Of Peter King

SoFlaJets

3. I hear Eric Mangini and Jets personnel met with Long in Charlottesville on Monday night. Hmmmm. Probably simple fact-finding. But imagine, Jets fans, a front three of 285-pound Shaun Ellis, 330-pound (they hope) Kris Jenkins and 275-pound Long. Not to rumor-monger, but if the Jets, who pick sixth, fell in love with Long, could they give Parcells enough to entice him to trade out of the pick?

So we are going to consider trading up to #1 to put Chris Long at a 3-4 DE? at 35 million guaranteed

I'm imagining it and it doesn't sound to enticing. If he happens to falls to #6 I would be willing to draft him, but trade up to #1 to put a 275 pounder at DE. He's an idiot.

How do these people keep getting paid to write this ****.

3. I hear Eric Mangini and Jets personnel met with Long in Charlottesville on Monday night. Hmmmm. Probably simple fact-finding. But imagine, Jets fans, a front three of 285-pound Shaun Ellis, 330-pound (they hope) Kris Jenkins and 275-pound Long. Not to rumor-monger, but if the Jets, who pick sixth, fell in love with Long, could they give Parcells enough to entice him to trade out of the pick?

So we are going to consider trading up to #1 to put Chris Long at a 3-4 DE? at 35 million guaranteed

I'm imagining it and it doesn't sound to enticing. If he happens to falls to #6 I would be willing to draft him, but trade up to #1 to put a 275 pounder at DE. He's an idiot.

what blew me away was the suggestion that Miami just let the clock run out (like Arizona was it?) with no pick

Seriously, most of these guys are just the avg NFL fan but with journalism degrees. By no means should a journalism degree make someone an "expert" in anything besides journalism.

And I really dont understand how you can publish something on a nationally renowned sports website, claiming yourself to be an expert, and not do your basic homework (ie: the 3-4 defense) before you write a skinless rumor like that.

what blew me away was the suggestion that Miami just let the clock run out (like Arizona was it?) with no pick

Minnesota I believe had pick #7,and waited until #9 to take Kevin Williams. Didnt' matter though,as his agent got him paid as the #7,IIRC. I also think that #8 that year (Leftwich) got #7 money as well. So not only did Minnesota screw up if they were trying to save money, but they may have also cost Jacksonville some cash.

And I think they let the clock run out the very next year as well

yea I think you're right SE Denny Green WITH Minnesota not Arizona

I forget exactly. But it was a top 10 pick. It was weird. Like they had let time expire trying to either decide who to pick or making a trade with someone else to trade down. And in like the first 10 seconds Carolina (?) jumped up to the podium & made their pick. So they dropped 2 slots with no compensation. I could be wrong but it was something weird like that. I just remember some team running up to the podium ahead of them & they looked like unbelievable buffoons.

Minnesota I believe had pick #7,and waited until #9 to take Kevin Williams. Didnt' matter though,as his agent got him paid as the #7,IIRC. I also think that #8 that year (Leftwich) got #7 money as well. So not only did Minnesota screw up if they were trying to save money, but they may have also cost Jacksonville some cash.

And I think they let the clock run out the very next year as well

could you IMAGINE if it ever happened to us shutout? HOLY SH!T They would be taking Jets fans out in stretchers-in DROVES LOL

could you IMAGINE if it ever happened to us shutout? HOLY SH!T They would be taking Jets fans out in stretchers-in DROVES LOL

I can only imagine the rioting,particularly if it were to occur this year,with the Patsies picking right after us.

I shudder at the thought of McFadden/Gholston sitting there at 6,the Jets taking too long, and the Pats running the card up there to take that player.

I can only imagine the rioting,particularly if it were to occur this year,with the Patsies picking right after us.

I shudder at the thought of McFadden/Gholston sitting there at 6,the Jets taking too long, and the Pats running the card up there to take that player.

the numbers on season ticket wait-lists would change drastically overnight with fatal heart attacks all across the Metropolitan area-hospital staffers would be wondering if there is something in the green or white dye in the jerseys-scientists will be called in-and of course we would be the laughing stock of the sports world

if a team does that, the player they sign should most definatly get the lesser salary. It's not like they would have waited if someone was actually worth the money. Guys like Russell, and Revis are ****ing bums. They sit out and sit out until the get what is deemed necessary to them.

I guess i'd rather the player get it than the owner keeping it, but it still makes the players look like total dog ****.

if a team does that, the player they sign should most definatly get the lesser salary. It's not like they would have waited if someone was actually worth the money. Guys like Russell, and Revis are ****ing bums. They sit out and sit out until the get what is deemed necessary to them.

I guess i'd rather the player get it than the owner keeping it, but it still makes the players look like total dog ****.

Revis is a bum? How? I don't agree with your whole theory, but at least you have an argument with Russell being greedy. He was trying to set the market. Revis was simply trying to get the proper deal for his draft slot based upon the players taken directly before and after him. The Jets were trying to jam the extra year down his throat.

Why shouldn't these guys sit out? You can't expect them to just bend over and take it. If Revis signed what the Jets wanted and then held out in two or three years everybody would be crying "he had a signed contract". You sound like you are advocating that they be compelled to sign that contract.

Archived