Pete Pricso on the AFC East

Irish Jet

New England Patriots

The skinny: When you win all your regular season games and end up in the Super Bowl, you don't need that much. But this is a team that prides itself on drafting well. Scott Pioli and Bill Belichick do a heck of a job. And they have the seventh overall pick, which they can use to move down if they want.

Primary need: Corner. They lost Asante Samuel and Randall Gay to free agency, so they must get somebody who can step in and play. Jason Webster can give them a little time to bring that player along.

Secondary needs: An outside pass rushing linebacker for their 3-4 and an offensive tackle. Their tackles got handled in the Super Bowl and Matt Light isn't a kid anymore.

Possible targets: Troy State cornerback Leodis McKelvin or South Florida corner Mike Jenkins. Ohio State defensive end Vernon Gholston is also a possibility.

Summary: If not for Spygate, the AFC Champions would have two first-round picks, but they forfeited their own pick, 31st overall, as part of the punishment handed down by the league. With the seventh overall pick, acquired from San Francisco last year, they can get an impact player or move down and get additional picks. This smart-drafting team will do the right thing.

Buffalo Bills

The skinny: The Bills are a team getting better each year. They have a lot of good, young talent and might be one draft away from pushing for a Wild-card spot. They've drafted well in recent years and they have to hope that continues.

Primary need: They want to add a receiver who can help take some coverage away from Lee Evans. They could do it in the first round or they could opt to wait until the second round and take a corner or a defensive lineman in the first round.

Secondary needs: Cornerback, tight end and defensive line.

Possible targets: McKelvin, Jenkins, Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly or Texas wide receiver Limas Sweed.

Summary: They should get a player who can come in and compete for a starting spot as a rookie with the 11th overall pick in the first round. A bigger receiver like Kelly would be a big help to young quarterback Trent Edwards.

New York Jets

The skinny: They've spent a ton of money in free agency, overpaying in some cases, but they feel they've added key pieces to their team. The addition of offensive guard Alan Faneca and right tackle Damien Woody will help the line, so at least they can focus on other areas in the draft.

Primary need: I think it's a quarterback, but they don't. So we'll go with a premier edge rusher for the 3-4 defense they use, somebody who can make trouble for opposing quarterbacks.

Secondary needs: Quarterback, tight end, running back.

Possible targets: Gholston, McKelvin or Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.

Summary: The Jets have added some pretty good players in the offseason, but they can't miss on that first-round pick. It's too high a pick, too important. McFadden will be an intriguing decision for them if he's still there.

Miami Dolphins

The skinny: This will be the first draft in Miami for the Bill Parcells regime. One thing's for sure: They can't do any worse than this team has done the past five years. The drafting has been terrible. Miami has the first overall pick, but they haven't offered many hints as to what they will do with it. They certainly would love to trade out of the spot if they could.

Primary need: If they decide John Beck isn't the answer, it has to be quarterback. If Beck is, it becomes offensive tackle.

Secondary needs: Tackle, running back, receiver, defensive line.

Possible targets: Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long, Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan, Virginia defensive end Chris Long or LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey.

Summary: This is a team in rebuilding mode. But how much patience does Parcells have? It's not going to be an overnight fix. But that's why this draft is vital to the success of the franchise. It's time to build with homegrown players, not other team's castoffs.

Quarterback should not be a primary concern for us in the draft IMO. Prisco is a moron.

I usually do not agree with Prisco, but I'd say QB is our weakest link right now.

NOWHERE in his piece did I see him say to draft a QB. He said he thought it was our primary need, but he never mentioned drafting one.

Now for morons, it's ironic that you're calling someone a moron actually.

Quarterback should not be a primary concern for us in the draft IMO. Prisco is a moron.

Good read

And I agree with you, he's a moron.

Secondary needs: tight end, running back.

I love McFadden, but how is a #2 CB and a slot WR not our secondary needs? We have Thomas Jones and Leon Washington as our 1-2 Punch in the backfield

We have Baker and Franks as our 1-2 Punch at TE

And then we have either Justin Miller or David Barrett as our #2 CB? with Brad Smith as our slot WR? How are they not on the hot seat?

Hes a freaking dummy

It's so hard to say if our QB's were bad because of the line. I know that the line didn't do them any favors. That's why you really need to give Clemens a pass this year. If Flacco is there in the 2nd grab him. If Woodson or Brohm is there in the fourth and I'm not sure if they will you grab them. I agree with most of what he said.

Quarterback is our biggest need. We need to know who it is going to be and how he is going to play. The rest of the pieces of the puzzle will be drafted (Wide Receiver, Inside Linebacker and possibly a Cornerback) within the first few selections. However, if the Jets in Round 2 have a chance to grab a project such as Joe Flacco, they should. They still don't know what they have in Clemens and Pennington is 31, going on 32, and we all know how he struggled last season. Heck, in 2006 he wasn't that good either. Might as well take a chance in Round 2.

I usually do not agree with Prisco, but I'd say QB is our weakest link right now.

NOWHERE in his piece did I see him say to draft a QB. He said he thought it was our primary need, but he never mentioned drafting one.

LOL, where did I say he mentioned drafting a QB. He said it was our primary concern which I think is total BS!!!

WTf is your problem dumbass???

The whole article is about the draft so when he says primary need he means it in terms of the draft you idiot.:roll:

Well since you never laid out the CONTEXT of the article...

Like I said a while ago... go back to the other football. You may actually have some knowledge there.

Like I said a while ago... go back to the other football. You may actually have some knowledge there.

Yeah, cos it takes a genius to work out he's talking about the draft.:confused0058:

Seriously, quit acting like an arrogant prick.

You been taking shots at IJ this whole thread, all he tried to do was make a good thread with a good read with his own opinion, and all you have done is add NOTHING to this thread, keep up the good work aec, your a great poster, your the bestest

You been taking shots at IJ this whole thread, all he tried to do was make a good thread with a good read with his own opinion, and all you have done is add NOTHING to this thread, keep up the good work aec, your a great poster, your the bestest

"IJ" is a moron, which is why. Don't like the dude... sorry. He made a good thread... oh yeah, his cut/paste skills are outstanding!

Why? Please elaborate.

Part of the reason? This thread, the original post. Cut/paste from someone, 1 line of text which includes "..... is a moron." Thanks. If he's such a moron, why cut/paste his stuff?

I guess I am making that same mistake now. Morons should be ignored, which is what I should be doing with you.

Prolly because you have "More" VCash than him, lol! You were a trip in that VBookie thread last night, im glad I took the Warriors, I cant wait till I get paid on that game :box:

I think everyone has more vcash than me. Like I said, Blackjack is rigged.

Part of the reason? This thread, the original post. Cut/paste from someone, 1 line of text which includes "..... is a moron." Thanks. If he's such a moron, why cut/paste his stuff?

I guess I am making that same mistake now. Morons should be ignored, which is what I should be doing with you.

It was an article about our division from a well known sports writer who i just happen to think is an idiot. I'd be willing to bet it would have posted eventually.

Please, do put me on ignore and never respond to my posts again you POS.

It was an article about our division from a well known sports writer who i just happen to think is an idiot. I'd be willing to bet it would have posted eventually.

Please, do put me on ignore and never respond to my posts again you POS.

Nice language moron. So who should your football club draft for middle striker?

Nice language moron. So who should your football club draft for middle striker?

They don't draft. That's an american thing.

Oh, and middle Striker is a bit redundant. Since a striker, per definition, is always in the centre. If he isn't, then he's a left/right forward, or a winger.

Prisco doesn't have a clue...QB is a secondary need that can be addressed with at best a later round (6th or 7th) pick. Matt Flynn anyone?

JETS needs should be CB, WR, and DE.

What a moron!!! If you think he's a Moron why post a comment about him moron!!!

You're such a moron!!! How dare you have an opinion?!?!

You should be ignored!!!

Am I right aec4??:roll:

They don't draft. That's an american thing.

Oh, and middle Striker is a bit redundant. Since a striker, per definition, is always in the centre. If he isn't, then he's a left/right forward, or a winger.

Well I think we determined that I know about as much about soccer as "IJ" knows about football.

Good read

And I agree with you, he's a moron.

Secondary needs: tight end, running back.

I love McFadden, but how is a #2 CB and a slot WR not our secondary needs? We have Thomas Jones and Leon Washington as our 1-2 Punch in the backfield

We have Baker and Franks as our 1-2 Punch at TE

And then we have either Justin Miller or David Barrett as our #2 CB? with Brad Smith as our slot WR? How are they not on the hot seat?

Hes a freaking dummy

On top of if it, he lists McKelvin as a target but doesn't say it's a need. This guy is a clueless wonder. Has sports writing come to a point where even a monkey could do it?

If Flacco is there in the 2nd grab him. If Woodson or Brohm is there in the fourth and I'm not sure if they will you grab them.

Which is funny because both Woodson AND Brohm are better quarterbacks than Flacco.

However, if the Jets in Round 2 have a chance to grab a project such as Joe Flacco, they should.

Absolutely! Drafting a project QB in the second round makes a TON of sense when we have needs at other positions.

Cough*kyle boller*cough

Archived