bill belidick & scott pee-on-me trying to work magic

scionce

there are rumors that the pats and chiefs are in talks to swap picks, thereby allowing the pats to take vernon gholston away from jet nation and the chiefs to pay less for matt ryan. if that's true, we will not be ridding ourselves of living in the pat shadow for some time. gholston is a beast and i can completely understand why the pats would want to secure such a player. gholston provides an immediate upgrade to any pass rush and the jets would do well to keep him out of a pat uniform. maybe tangini should let it slip that if kc doesn't take matt ryan @ #5, then the jets will be left with no choice but to snap ryan up @ #6. then we can trade chad for more picks and have a comp between clemens and ryan. in any case, i do not want the hell that would result if the pats get gholston OR long (though the latter is highly unlikely to end up in ne).

there are rumors that the pats and chiefs are in talks to swap picks, thereby allowing the pats to take vernon gholston away from jet nation and the chiefs to pay less for matt ryan. if that's true, we will not be ridding ourselves of living in the pat shadow for some time. gholston is a beast and i can completely understand why the pats would want to secure such a player. gholston provides an immediate upgrade to any pass rush and the jets would do well to keep him out of a pat uniform. maybe tangini should let it slip that if kc doesn't take matt ryan @ #5, then the jets will be left with no choice but to snap ryan up @ #6. then we can trade chad for more picks and have a comp between clemens and ryan. in any case, i do not want the hell that would result if the pats get gholston OR long (though the latter is highly unlikely to end up in ne).

Great Source

Well there is no chance that the Jets would go into camp this year with a competition between Kellen and a rookie. They invested too much money in this team to hand it over to a 1st year guy no matter how promising his future looks.

Mangini needs to get some wins to have some extra job security. If they spend like that and end up 4 and 12 again, not too many people are going to be happy.

This would be awesome news. It would mean the Pats reach even further for Ghoslton!!! I'd be excited, as it would keep the Jets from making that mistake.

This would be awesome news. It would mean the Pats reach even further for Ghoslton!!! I'd be excited, as it would keep the Jets from making that mistake.

so, you'd rather have gholston in a pat uniform eating our QBs alive for the next 7-10 years, huh? you'd probably also prefer the team to make the bigger mistake and draft run dmc. you do know that his skinny legs will get targeted and broken on the pro level, don't you? he's top-heavy and any defender worth his salt will know to take him out low.

if we get gholston, he might be used as a situational OLB (i.e. 3rd downs) during his rookie campaign, rotating with thomas and/or pace. given pace's size and quickness, he might even be able to slide to ILB when gholston checks in. then the pressure can from every angle. who would you look out for? with coleman, jenkins and ellis tying up the line and 4 LBs who can definitely get to the QB how do you pick the blitzer? what if all four rush? how do you stop it?

Link? Come on now, you cant post something like that without a linkl.

sorry, i read the article and didn't think to post a thread until long after the information had been digested. i'm looking for it now. i know i found it on the official jets website, but it was in the "clippings" section which changes daily. as soon as i find the article i will post the link. sorry again.

if we get gholston, he might be used as a situational OLB (i.e. 3rd downs) during his rookie campaign, rotating with thomas and/or pace. given pace's size and quickness, he might even be able to slide to ILB when gholston checks in. then the pressure can from every angle. who would you look out for? with coleman, jenkins and ellis tying up the line and 4 LBs who can definitely get to the QB how do you pick the blitzer? what if all four rush? how do you stop it?

You might have something there. Maybe they see Pace on the inside alongside Harris? He has the size, and with his speed, he might be able to play off of Harris's strength the way some thought Vilma might succeed if they ever played together.

You might have something there. Maybe they see Pace on the inside alongside Harris? He has the size, and with his speed, he might be able to play off of Harris's strength the way some thought Vilma might succeed if they ever played together.

Come on man, use your head. Do you really think that we gave Pace a contract like that to see if he might be able to play a different position?? :banned:

I was all for drafting Gholston until they got Pace. Can someone explain to me how the jets can carry 3 OLBs that make the money B. Thomas and Pace do and Gholston will? Or would one of them move to DE?

It's called switch Pace to the inside next to Harris. He has the size! Can you imagine THAT lb corp. Gholston, Pace, Harris, Thomas(i think with this lineup he could turn into the 06 Thomas) Would be one of the best lb corps in the NFL!!

Come on man, use your head. Do you really think that we gave Pace a contract like that to see if he might be able to play a different position?? :banned:

Yes! do you think we gave him that kinda money to see if he could have another year lik last year? Yes! So, what's the difference?

Archived