RHP Chien-Ming Wang

RHP Mike Mussina

RHP Phil Hughes

RHP Ian Kennedy

Relievers

RHP Mariano Rivera

RHP Joba Chamberlain

RHP LaTroy Hawkins

I am thrilled Billy Traber made the team, and I am fine with the choice of Bruney, but why the hell did Albaladejo get picked over Scott Patterson? Don't worry about Pettitte though, he'll be off the DL for the 3rd or 4th day I believe.

He'll be able to make his first start?

The only thing is you have 12 pitchers. Are they carrying 12? BEcause when you bring Andy back that is one reliever gone. Maybe with the shape of the rotation and the star power of the lineup 12 is the way to go. If not 2 guys on the bottom of that list are going to be sent down eventually.

The other thing that is weird is Matsui is the 4th outfielder and Duncan is the 5th? That is risky. If Melky goes down you better have a plan B for CF ready to go.

If Hughes and Kennedy don't pan out our pitching is going to be GOD-AWFUL.

If I were the Yanks I'd be more concerned with what Mussina and Pettite have left more than the young guys. Really it is Wang and a few question marks, Hughes should be good and Kennedy should be effective in the back side of the rotation, but Mussina and Pettite, to me are bigger question marks for you guys.

If I were the Yanks I'd be more concerned with what Mussina and Pettite have left more than the young guys. Really it is Wang and a few question marks, Hughes should be good and Kennedy should be effective in the back side of the rotation, but Mussina and Pettite, to me are bigger question marks for you guys.

Pettite is going to be fine and moose should win 10 games with an almost 5 era which sucks but we will have to live with it for this year.

They went with big-league experience and power arms (Bruney, Ohlendorf) over minor-league stat sensations (Patterson, Ramirez).

This was absolutely the right move. Ramirez can be good, and we may see these guys later in the season, but they need to get more consistent.

They went with experience and power (Ensberg) over youth and speed (Gardner).

They went with an over-abundance of first baseman, just like they did last year.

I really don't like the construction of the bench right now, but I think Giambi forces this on us.

They went with guys Cashman traded for (Albaladejo) over guys he has released (Rasner).

Was there ever a doubt we'd go with Albaladejo?

This was absolutely the right move. Ramirez can be good, and we may see these guys later in the season, but they need to get more consistent.

Yeah, I think it was a good move sending Ramirez down, I however think Alabaladejo in the majors over Patterson is a joke.

I really don't like the construction of the bench right now, but I think Giambi forces this on us.

Yeah, we need to switch Ensberg with Brett Gardner, because we've got no speed on the base paths, I know we don't want to screw up this kids development, but we really need speed, especially if we're down late, and need to score a run with a guy on first.

Was there ever a doubt we'd go with Albaladejo?

I don't know, but i was hoping we'd take Patterson over him.

Archived