How can you EVER bet against the Braves?

Jetsfan80

Well it seemed like not too long ago that Atlanta was counted out....again....by most of baseball. But of course, here they stand, on the verge of taking the lead, which they inevitably will keep for good, over the NL East. If any of you think you have it bad in your division, try watching as the same team is about to win your division for the 14th straight time and come talk to me.

The Nationals are a good little team, don't get me wrong, but ever since the Mets took 3 of 4 from them at home, where they hadn't lost all year up until that point, it seemed, they have sort of caved in. Signing Mike Stanton and then trying to coax Barry Larkin to come out of retirement just this morning can't mean anything good.

As for the rest of the division, it seems like the Phillies, Marlins and Mets are all destined to dance around .500 the rest of the season. Any win streak they can muster will be turned into a losing streak once they face a contender.

And when the dust settles, the Braves will be on top again. Life sucks.

The Braves success has a lot to do with the Mets crappiness. The Mets spent $ 16 million more this year yet their at the bottom. What's up with that? I've always been told that the higher the payroll the better the team is supposed to be.

The Braves success has a lot to do with the Mets crappiness. The Mets spent $ 16 million more this year yet their at the bottom. What's up with that? I've always been told that the higher the payroll the better the team is supposed to be.

Well other teams certainly have had the means to keep the Braves out of the top. The Marlins have had that great pitching staff, the Phillies are certainly a big-market, and of course, the Nationals have a legit excuse....no money.

There's a difference in being 16 mill above your rival compared to 100 million above. 16 mill is one Yankee player.

80, the scary part is the Braves ML system is starting to produce young studs again both as hitters and pitchers.

go and look at that link I posted, the braves success comes down to the benefit of not having to play intergalactic baseball

Archived