Santana's Mets debut soothes pain of 2007 disaster

JetNation

I don't mean to be critical, but how does 1 start in the new season stop the bleeding from last seasons complete failure?

It's a brand new season. The bleeding should already be stopped. What happened last year is completely irrelevant. Although, as a Yankee fan, you must think I'm crazy for suggesting that only the present matters.

It's a brand new season. The bleeding should already be stopped. What happened last year is completely irrelevant. Although, as a Yankee fan, you must think I'm crazy for suggesting that only the present matters.

you worry about your team that hasn't won in 100 years

It's still ridiculous, one win in the first game on the next season doesn't erase what such a failure the 2007 New York Mets were. Many said they would be the team coming out of the National League, and they were pretty much in the playoffs, and they lost it all away. One win in a new season doesn't fix ****, although it's good that they're trying to forget, the team, and their fans, they want to not know how much a ****ing joke they are.

It's still ridiculous, one win in the first game on the next season doesn't erase what such a failure the 2007 New York Mets were. Many said they would be the team coming out of the National League, and they were pretty much in the playoffs, and they lost it all away. One win in a new season doesn't fix ****, although it's good that they're trying to forget, the team, and their fans, they want to not know how much a ****ing joke they are.

It does not erase the failure, that's already in the history books.

But I seriously doubt any Mets fans, coaches, and players were thinking about it when they spanked the Marlins' asses today.

i've been to NY, california, washington dc, florida, chicago (wrigley twice), baltimore, all over new england etc.

i have to deal with southerners at the call center i work at, miss/tenn/florida. some of the worst accents ever.

You said at your 1st post you weren't trying to be critical but yet here you are, being critical. Just worry about your Skanks. :P

It does not erase the failure, that's already in the history books.

But I seriously doubt any Mets fans, coaches, and players were thinking about it when they spanked the Marlins' asses today.

You would be correct !! :biggrin:

I've never been north of Tennessee.

Am I not a Cubs fan if I've never been to Wrigley? Damn, then I'd like to have back the thousands of hours I have wasted watching that ****ty team break my heart.

#-o Had you only known. :biggrin:

hoe did you come to be a cubs fan?

I got a satellite dish and started watching the games on WGN.

Before that, I liked the Indians, even though I only got to watch them in the playoffs. Where they lost. Every ****ing time despite having the best lineup I have ever seen.

I don't mean to be critical, but how does 1 start in the new season stop the bleeding from last seasons complete failure?

It's a new season, everything is fresh and at this point even the Nats can win the division, besides do you think Jeter or anyone else on the Yanks roster is still thinking about the 3-0 choke job to the hated Sawx.

It's a new season, everything is fresh and at this point even the Nats can win the division, besides do you think Jeter or anyone else on the Yanks roster is still thinking about the 3-0 choke job to the hated Sawx.

:rl:

Archived