Chiefs bring in QB Ryan for a look

faba

Boston College QB Ryan among prospects visiting Chiefs

By ADAM TEICHER

The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs perhaps provided some clues into their thinking regarding the upcoming draft by welcoming several prospects to Kansas City on Monday.

Quarterback Matt Ryan of Boston College, defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey of Louisiana State and offensive linemen Ryan Clady of Boise State and Branden Albert of Virginia were among those who began their visits.

All will be selected in the first round of next weekend

I think any interest they have in Albert is more in the event they're able to trade down. I can't see him lasting to their pick in round 2 nor them taking him at #5.

I hear people say it would be a reach to take a guard at all in the first, let alone in the top ten. I have to think that this will become outdated very soon.

If Albert pans out the way he is being touted (at guard, not tackle, although he says he can play both), regardless of where he is taken he will make it easier for the next all world guard to be taken top 10. All the money that has been given to Faneca and Hutchinson is a sign of things to come. We will also see RB's come back down to earth in terms of payscale, there is just no way a Travis Henry or Willis Mcgahee are worth the money they are receiving.

Buy/draft the line, you'll have a running back with great YPC.

Archived