Source: Urlacher Asks For Trade

Ghost

I can't open this at work,Can someone give me the hook up

Source: Urlacher asks for trade

Posted: Friday April 18, 2008 06:13AM ET

One league source says Brian Urlacher's agents have asked the team if they could explore a trade. Another says Urlacher is threatening to retire because of neck and back problems, a move in which he wouldn't have to repay any portion of the $13 million signing bonus he received in 2003, when he received a nine-year, $56.65 million deal.

Chicago Tribune

SFJ's biggest pet peeve? People who only post links and are too friggin lazy to copy and paste the articles...you're now ****OFFICIALLY****on my **** list Ghost ;p

I don't know how much there is to it but patsfans.com almost got in some big trouble because of poster's copying writers' stories word for word.

I don't know how much there is to it but patsfans.com almost got in some big trouble because of poster's copying writers' stories word for word.

we do it every day around here Alk with the articles threads-sometimes we even TRY and FIND people who have access to Jets Confidential to post their secret by subscription only ravings-JUST to piss them off-we're like that round chere

Source: Urlacher asks for trade

Posted: Friday April 18, 2008 06:13AM ET

One league source says Brian Urlacher's agents have asked the team if they could explore a trade. Another says Urlacher is threatening to retire because of neck and back problems, a move in which he wouldn't have to repay any portion of the $13 million signing bonus he received in 2003, when he received a nine-year, $56.65 million deal.

Chicago Tribune

Thank you

Report: Urlacher denies seeking trade, retirement talk

ESPN.com news services

Updated: April 18, 2008, 2:56 PM ET

Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher is disputing a published report which, citing anonymous sources, said he threatened to retire if his contract is not renegotiated.

5038.jpg Urlacher

"I never said that I was going to quit," Urlacher told the Chicago Tribune on Friday. "That's just a gossip column. Reports like that is why I choose not to speak to the media."

According to the report in the Chicago Sun-Times, one league source said Urlacher's agents have asked the team if they could explore a trade, while another said Urlacher is threatening to retire because of neck and back problems.

The report said Urlacher, who is not taking part in the team's voluntary offseason workout program, is threatening to hold out of minicamp, organized team activities and even training camp unless he gets a new deal.

Were Urlacher to retire, he would not have to pay back any of a $13 million signing bonus. But Urlacher, who is seeking a multi-year extension for the nine-year, $56-million deal he signed in 2003, told the Tribune he was unsure about attending minicamp and did not address whether he'd miss training camp. He also dismissed talk of a trade.

"Everybody knows I want to be in Chicago," he said, according to the Tribune. "I've said that from day one. I can't imagine playing anywhere else. I want to be with my teammates."

"They've offered me a one-year extension," Urlacher said. "My agents are doing a great job for me. I try to stay out of it as much as I can."

Urlacher, who had minor neck surgery in January and is fighting arthritis in his lower back, said he understood the Bears' hesitance to sign him to a long-term extension.

"But in my mind, my neck is rehabbed and back to normal," Urlacher said, according to the Tribune. "My back is better now than it was at any point last season."

SFJ's biggest pet peeve? People who only post links and are too friggin lazy to copy and paste the articles...you're now ****OFFICIALLY****on my **** list Ghost ;p

Your evil!

Doesn't this work both way tho ? Your too lazy to open it up. :P

Archived