Tomorrow....

bobbyjet69

Should be interesting. a flurry of UDFA should be signed to all the teams. any particular that the Jets should get?

Not sure how crazy the Jets are going to go signing UDFA's.

After all the moves this offseason, these next few weeks until mini camps open may be a good time for the Jets to step on the brakes a little and give the team time to acquaint itself.

Just my opinion though.

I'd like to take a look at Jeremy Leman. LB from Illinois. Looked good the three or four games I saw him. Maybe a little undersized (6'2" 230) and more of a "college player" but I think he'd be worth a look. He needed ankle surgery after the Rose Bowl and was at the combine, but couldn't work out and sill wasn't able to at any pro days or private workouts. Otherwise he'd probably have been drafted.

Scout.com lists him as #8 ILB, a reserve/project and "most overrated prospect" because he is only an adequate athlete.

From ESPN:

Paul Smith QB Tulsa 60 touchdowns in 14 games, averaging 370.3 yards of total offense (second in the nation) and posting a 159.8 passer rating (fourth nationally). He completed 327 of 544 pass attempts (60.1 percent) for 5,065 yards, 47 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.

Simeon Castillo S Alabama he started all 13 at left cornerback and had 63 tackles (6.5 for losses), 1.5 sacks, two interceptions and 10 pass breakups. He has experience on the left and right sides and as a roaming DB-type

Ben Moffitt LB So. Fla As a senior in 2007, he started all 13 games at middle linebacker, turning in 104 tackles (12 for losses), four interceptions and five pass breakups.Moffitt is an overachiever with physical limitations. He lacks ideal speed and athleticism, which limits his range both versus the run and in coverage. However, it's hard not to fall in love with the way he plays the game when studying him on film. Moffitt is instinctive, tough and reliable. His leadership skills are apparent and he makes the players around him better. While he may never emerge as a starter in the NFL, Moffitt has the tenacity and football intelligence to at least become an effective backup

I'd like to take a look at Jeremy Leman. LB from Illinois. Looked good the three or four games I saw him. Maybe a little undersized (6'2" 230) and more of a "college player" but I think he'd be worth a look. He needed ankle surgery after the Rose Bowl and was at the combine, but couldn't work out and sill wasn't able to at any pro days or private workouts. Otherwise he'd probably have been drafted.

Scout.com lists him as #8 ILB, a reserve/project and "most overrated prospect" because he is only an adequate athlete.

Ummmm, yeah, dont think thats quite gonna work out.

While upgrading the ILB position would be nice, I dont think getting an injury prone, undersized, unathletic player is what we're looking to do.

Another ILB to look at would be Ben Mofitt from USF, he's the right size and seemed to always be making plays in college even if he wasn't very athletic.

Ummmm, yeah, dont think thats quite gonna work out.

While upgrading the ILB position would be nice, I dont think getting an injury prone, undersized, unathletic player is what we're looking to do.

Could be the silliest comment I've seen all day. That's why I didn't want to draft him in the first round. I find it hard to believe that anybody that has seen him play wouldn't want to give him a look as an UDFA. I posted his negatives, but I bet he's still in somebody's camp in '09

WR

Todd Blythe - Iowa

Adarius Bowman - OKL St.

Travis Brown - New Mexico

Selwyn Lymon - Purdue

LB

Rodrick Johnson - OKL St.

Ben Moffitt - So Fla.

Brandon Miller - Georgia

DE/OLB

Darrell Robertson - GEO Tech

DE