Lost in the mess of Hughes/Kennedy

Matt39

For what this offense is supposed to be it has been garbage far longer than the beginning of this season. Everyone says there is no easy out on this team but thats just incorrect. First off, there isn't great depth so if players get hurt, that effects the lineup and secondly we have too many hitters that are either on or they're completely off.

Giambi is the only pne on the team hitting with a little POP

He is what he is...takes walks, hits .250, and will hit 30-40 dings

Giambi will be lucky to hit .200 this year and 20 HR's. He is beyond awful. He's batting I believe .040 with RISP. He still refuses to go the other way. If Cabrera wasnt 9000 lbs he has another 0'fer last night.

Giambi will be lucky to hit .200 this year and 20 HR's. He is beyond awful. He's batting I believe .040 with RISP. He still refuses to go the other way. If Cabrera wasnt 9000 lbs he has another 0'fer last night.
If he just once laid a bunt down the 3rd base line-something as a baseball player he has been doing since he was 10!_the shift would end. Why he refuses to do it, or his managers haven't forcd him to do it, is now beyond a joke.

All things considered, the schedule and injuries and bad pitching have made for an awful APril. TO not be many more games down in the AL East than 2 games is miraculous. I think once A-rod gets healthy and the pitching gets figured out, this team will still challenge for the division.

This Tiger pitcher Bautista-how is he still on a MLB roster? Can anyone recall as bad an inning-3 BBs and 1 HBP to go along with his uniform shirt comeing undone.

If he just once laid a bunt down the 3rd base line-something as a baseball player he has been doing since he was 10!_the shift would end. Why he refuses to do it, or his managers haven't forced him to do it, is now beyond a joke.

All things considered, the schedule and injuries and bad pitching have made for an awful April. TO not be many more games down in the AL East than 2 games is miraculous. I think once A-rod gets healthy and the pitching gets figured out, this team will still challenge for the division.

This Tiger pitcher Bautista-how is he still on a MLB roster? Can anyone recall as bad an inning-3 BBS and 1 HBP to go along with his uniform shirt coming undone.

He doesn't even have to bunt. All he has to do is slap the ball to LF a few times. They used to over-shift on Sheffield. He ended it by taking the ball to RF all the time. Picked up a slew of singles and doubles, which, while not getting the ball out of the park, added to any rallies, moved runners along, added to pitch counts, etc.

It also ended the shift.

Giambi should do the same, and stop using the Mattingly approach to hitting - swing normally and let the HRs come. It isn't working.

Watching Ian Kennedy nibble and languish to avoid throwing a strike is disgusting. Spotted to a 3-run lead, and then folds like a cheap camera. Ordonez was almsot waiting to pounce on Kennedy's fear.I dunno what gthe hell kind of coaching is going on with these young guys. Kennedy and Hughes simply refuse to challenge hitters. if they don't have the stuff, why are they here?

• 3 weeks later...
Hughes has a cracked rib....hopefully that is the problem

Kennedy, who knows?

I'm looking forward to seeing Rasner go....always liked him

Rasner looking strong!!!

I would like to thank Thor for letting us know how great the Sawx young pitchers are, and how the Yanks have garbage

Way to go, Pal

Giambi is the only pne on the team hitting with a little POP

He is what he is...takes walks, hits .250, and will hit 30-40 dings

And his contract is untradeable. His days of 30/40 HRs are pretty much over too.

• 2 weeks later...

This team needs a major overhaul on offense. Its the main reason the team stinks this year.

Same type of lineup we've thrown out there post 2000. JUst a bunch of individuals- absolutely no flow to the lineup at all.

THe entire team pretty much cant hit with runners on

we will make into the post season with a little luck. We have got into this

kind of situation before. During the allstar weekend we will make an important

aquisition such as joe blanton or someone else and that will help a lot. A Rods swinging his bat well and we just need our pitching staff to stay strong and improve our hitting.

we will make into the post season with a little luck. We have got into this

kind of situation before. During the allstar weekend we will make an important

aquisition such as joe blanton or someone else and that will help a lot. A Rods swinging his bat well and we just need our pitching staff to stay strong and improve our hitting.

I dunno. Last couple seasons have made Yankee fans overconfident. Red Sox are probably going to win the division and Rays are like 10 games over .500 and have excellent pitching. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees missed the playoffs this year.

I'm already looking forward to next season when I think the Yankees will return to dominance. They'll hopefully buy Sabathia this off-season and Joba will be fully adjusted to being a starter by next season. Wang, Sabathia, Rasner, Mussina and Joba is a sick rotation.

Archived