ORLANDO PLAYOFF THREAD

Blackout

Really? It would be good to settle that on the court.

I thought Orlando winning 2 to 1 during the season was good enough. Orlando has already proved head-to-head they can beat Boston. Whats the next excuse? The plain old one where Orlando won the second Magic win with Garnett not playing? Bostonians have a book full of excuses, I swear. You just can't take it that this Orlando team can beat your team. Doesn't really matter, it's going to be Detroit going to the Finals, unless the refs help Boston in the way they helped Detroit this past game. Detroit hands down has better players, and more experience, and yet they're younger. Detroit would beat Boston in 6.

I thought Orlando winning 2 to 1 during the season was good enough. Orlando has already proved head-to-head they can beat Boston. Whats the next excuse? The plain old one where Orlando won the second Magic win with Garnett not playing? Bostonians have a book full of excuses, I swear. You just can't take it that this Orlando team can beat your team. Doesn't really matter, it's going to be Detroit going to the Finals, unless the refs help Boston in the way they helped Detroit this past game. Detroit hands down has better players, and more experience, and yet they're younger. Detroit would beat Boston in 6.

remember when the Lakers had Shaq and Kobe and the Bulls were the worst team in the league?

the same year Shaq was suspended for almost knocking out one of the Bulls?

the Lakers lost both games to Chicago.

sheet happens.

Are you living in fantasy land?

What is so fantasy about what I am saying? Detroit had problems with an bellow average to average Philadelphia team, they are very pissed off right now, and they're taking it out on a 50+ win Orlando team. Your Celtics had a problem with a very ****ty Hawks team, in fact they took you to 7 games, and in game 1 you had problems with an average Cleveland team, even though you won. I think hands down if Detroit actually tried all the time, they would crush Boston night in and night out.

What is so fantasy about what I am saying? Detroit had problems with an bellow average to average Philadelphia team, they are very pissed off right now, and they're taking it out on a 50+ win Orlando team. Your Celtics had a problem with a very ****ty Hawks team, in fact they took you to 7 games, and in game 1 you had problems with an average Cleveland team, even though you won. I think hands down if Detroit actually tried all the time, they would crush Boston night in and night out.

the NBA is all about matchups. just like the NFL.

Howard would obviously wipe his ass with Perkins, but outside of that where is Boston losing?

Lewis on KG? Turkey-glue on Pierce? Nelson on Rondo?

Maurice whatever-his-name-is on Ray Allen?

the Celtics bench has quality in Powe, Posey, Big Baby etc.

the Magic are one quality starter away from being an elite team.

the NBA is all about matchups. just like the NFL.

Howard would obviously wipe his ass with Perkins, but outside of that where is Boston losing?

Lewis on KG? Turkey-glue on Pierce? Nelson on Rondo?

Maurice whatever-his-name-is on Ray Allen?

the Celtics bench has quality in Powe, Posey, Big Baby etc.

the Magic are one quality starter away from being an elite team.

Both Turkoglu, and Pierce would dominate on offense, both aren't really any good defensively. Nelson has been playing above his head, and if he were able to continue playing like this, and Orlando shockingly passed Detroit, then I would call that battle a push. Evans is a pretty good defensive player, our bench isn't that bad either, we have Cook, who should be back any day now, Bogans who is also a good defensive player, and Keyon Dooling who his a human spark plug. Seriously, I don't think the Magic would be afraid of Boston, like they are with Detroit. Detroit plays them well, Orlando should feel threatened of them.

As of the assumption of Magic being one starter away from being elite, I believe we might be losing the contracts of Garrity (4 mil), Bogans (2 mil?), Dooling (4 mil?), Arroyo (3 mil?). So we will be able to get another solid starter out of this. Maybe someone like Corey Maggette would look nice back in a Magic jersey. Also, I wouldn't mind us looking at Kurt Thomas as well. We should not retain Dooling, or Arroyo, and sign Miami's Jason Williams, and also we should trade Redick for a defensive player, or a draft pick

A lineup of:

PG Nelson/J. Williams

SG Maggette/Evans

SF Turkoglu

PF Lewis/Thomas/Cook

C Howard/Gortat

Having someone like Maggette would be awesome, and probably make Orlando elite. I think if we could get him, the Magic would defintely be elite. I know I am asking for a lot, but I can dream, can't I? lol

Boston is the only team that beta every team in the league

Our defense is better than Detroit (which is hard to say) and Detroit is slower than us.

keep in mind that yes we have the big 3, but we also got Rondo, Powe, Big Baby etc. who are all young and just coming into their own in this league.

Are you serious dude?

The Celtics just got taken to 7 games by a 37 win team.

There's plenty of disappointment, but no shame in losing to a team like Detroit. But let's not anoint the Celtics champs yet, they will have a lot more stiff competition as the playoffs move forward.

Are you serious dude?

The Celtics just got taken to 7 games by a 37 win team.

There's plenty of disappointment, but no shame in losing to a team like Detroit. But let's not anoint the Celtics champs yet, they will have a lot more stiff competition as the playoffs move forward.

Notice how the Celtics fans are taking the Cavs lightly as well. As long as this team has Lebron they will always be a challenge. It's basically the same thing with the Penguins in hockey. The refs will baby the team as much as they can to help Lebron win it all. If the Atlanta Hawks can take the Celtics to 7 games, then the Cavs should win in 6 or 7.

you magic dickriders are retarded

here's how we break it down: magic and celtics were 1-1 with full rosters

one game the Celtics didn't have KG, and in his place started BRIAN ****ING SCALIBRINI!

you want to be proud of that win? go ahead. i hope that makes you feel happy when you get swept by Detroit.

Well well, if it isn't Mr. Bandwagon himself. It wasn't good enough for you to jump on the Giants bandwagon this year, so you decided to hop aboard with Boston...OK.

Yes, dumbass, you want to talk about how much better the Celtics are than Orlando, what better way to do so than backing it up with head to head games?

I'm not worried about your wins against other teams, that won't help you against just one. The Magic proved to be better than the Celtics this year in head to head matchups, case closed.

1-I've been going to NY Giants training camps at the U of Albany every summer for the last 9 years. bandwagon? ok.

2-read my last post regarding the 2-1 series.

3-you are no longer worthy of my replies. ignore time.

Well well, if it isn't Mr. Bandwagon himself. It wasn't good enough for you to jump on the Giants bandwagon this year, so you decided to hop aboard with Boston...OK.

Yes, dumbass, you want to talk about how much better the Celtics are than Orlando, what better way to do so than backing it up with head to head games?

I'm not worried about your wins against other teams, that won't help you against just one. The Magic proved to be better than the Celtics this year in head to head matchups, case closed.

Finally there is someone on this board with actual knowledge to realize that the Magic are a better team head-to-head when they play the Celtics. I don't understand why they refuse to take these 3 games seriously during the season. Why can't these guys just say that they are worse then one team head to head? I have no problem saying that Detroit is better then Orlando head to head. Just admit it that Orlando is a better team when they play Boston.

Finally there is someone on this board with actual knowledge to realize that the Magic are a better team head-to-head when they play the Celtics. I don't understand why they refuse to take these 3 games seriously during the season. Why can't these guys just say that they are worse then one team head to head? I have no problem saying that Detroit is better then Orlando head to head. Just admit it that Orlando is a better team when they play Boston.

Because the hood star thinks that the regular season doesn't count. Evidently, it;s just as useful as the pre-season.

While Boston was FACING ELIMINATION to a 37 win team, he thought it would be better to start a thread about a team that had already advanced 5 days prior.

Bottom line, he;s nothing more than a ****-stirrer that can't back up a logical argument (or formulate one, for that matter) without having to resort to name calling.

I say he's in elementary school, but it doesn't matter one way or another. Currently, I'm worried about what my team is doing, not another's.

Regular season means nothing. I don't think Orlando will make it out the second round.

We probably wont make it out of the second round, because unlike Boston, Detroit owns us, and has owned us for years. Sure, we should be tied with them in the playoffs right now, but Detroit still owns us.

We probably wont make it out of the second round, because unlike Boston, Detroit owns us, and has owned us for years. Sure, we should be tied with them in the playoffs right now, but Detroit still owns us.

Pretty much, they are a good defensive team when they want too be. Orlando has too many jump shooters Det. knows how to shut that down.

Archived