best front seven in afc

bear

after the adition of pace,jenkins,and gholsten im going to go out on a limb and say " we may have the best front seven in the afc,and maybe in the nfl"

jenkins most definitely we require a double team witch will leave one on ones with pace ,gohlsten,elllis ,and coleman. we have all firts round talent on our defense ,and that we have a big fatty to occupy the center ,and guard we will have a top ten D

thoughts

Pittsburgh - Hampton, Smith, Harrison, Farrior, Foote etc. (Woodley + Timmons are very talented too)

Baltimore - Ngata, Gregg, Suggs, Lewis, Scott etc.

Houston - Williams, Okoye, Weaver, Ryans etc.

San Diego (The best IMO) - Castillo, Williams, Olshanky, Cooper, Merriman, Phillips etc.

Right now we're good and do have a lot of talent. But we're far from the best.

Pittsburgh - Hampton, Smith, Harrison, Farrior, Foote etc. (Woodley + Timmons are very talented too)

Baltimore - Ngata, Gregg, Suggs, Lewis, Scott etc.

Houston - Williams, Okoye, Weaver, Ryans etc.

San Diego (The best IMO) - Castillo, Williams, Olshanky, Cooper, Merriman, Phillips etc.

Right now we're good and do have a lot of talent. But we're far from the best.

According to your list were the top 5th, and our front seven has the potential to be better than houston, and Bal.

Plus there's the fact that half of them haven't played a single down in our system yet.

Ding, ding, ding...I'm optimistic, but the truth is that Gholston and Jenkins will be learning new positions. I think Lowery will move to safety, and thus, he will be learning a new position as well. Pace, Ellis, Thomas, and Harris are all in their 3rd year or less in the 3-4. Everything should work out fine, but $hit happens.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, San Diego, Cleveland and Houston right now all have better front sevens than us. The only 34 team in there that doesn't have a proven 34 NT is Cleveland, but their talent is better on the Defensive Line so I'll give them the nod over the Jets. This is in no order, these are just the teams I believe have proven to be better than the Jets, thus far. If Jenkins, Pace and Gholston pan out the Jets could be Top 3, maybe better.

Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, San Diego, Cleveland and Houston right now all have better front sevens than us. The only 34 team in there that doesn't have a proven 34 NT is Cleveland, but their talent is better on the Defensive Line so I'll give them the nod over the Jets. This is in no order, these are just the teams I believe have proven to be better than the Jets, thus far. If Jenkins, Pace and Gholston pan out the Jets could be Top 3, maybe better.

didn't cleveland just sign corey williams and Shaun Rodgers? I'd say with those two signings that they might have put themselves in that group. Without the signings they are in the bottom of the NFL.

Archived