Who's left who would be an impact FA for Jets or Pats?

RichardSeymour

For the Patriots I think they'd like an impact FA, and not getting any would sting a little bit, but it wouldn't hurt by any means.

For the Jets... I do agree with Ham that Bradway needs to get ONE of these guys. Getting none would be pretty bad. So think of it as: who are the guys where signing just ONE of them would wash away any other FA misses?

For the Patriots:

Samari Rolle

Edgerton Hartwell

Gary Baxter

Ken Lucas

For the Jets:

Definites:

Fred Smoot

Samari Rolle

Ty Law

Gary Baxter

Ken Lucas

Maybes:

Mike Wahle

Plexico Burress

Am I missing anyone?

Good call Gimmeshelter. Don't see him returning to the Pats, but added him to the Jets options.

Good call Smizz.

Good call Rsherry, but I think their both a bit marginal so I'll sublist them.

I don't know if you are supposed to break the bank on FA's anymore...unless it's a QB or absolute star.

The numbers being reported on Williams (15mm) and Fergie (21+mm) are crazy IMHO. Bradway may get lucky again this off season with a couple of clever 2nd tier pickups.

Well there are a host of good RFA's which are listed in another thread below. But I like Mike Wahle, and Plax in addition to what you listed. Other than that it is slim pickins imo.

With all these WR's getting signed, it looks like it's rapidly becoming Plax (and his agent's) market. As i stated before, i really hope the Jets get him. Sure he has his downside, but overall, i think you guys will be happy with him. :)

If we got Ty Law, i would be so happy that I'd cry. Not just because he's still a very effective player, but also because he's a tough son of a bitch. IMO, the Jets need one of those in the secondary.

Also, I can't imagine that Abe doesn't end up on the Cowboys and we squeeze that #11 pick. I won't cry if we come out of the draft with Jammal Brown, Troy Williamson (both rd. 1's) and a DT in Rd. 2. IMO, that's better than any big-ticket free agent in a marginal market. Pat Williams would be nice, though.

Archived