Disgusted by Jets

in our current situation how can you feel so down on the jets compared to other teams like the Saints, Bears, Titans, Cardinals, Dolphins and about half the league. The Dolphins drafted their "playmaker" in Ronnie Brown in 2005 and where has that got them now? Their revamping their whole roster and Brown hasnt be able to stay healthy. Why? well im sure 80% percent has to do with their crappy o-line and lack of players around him.

Even if you've got a playmaker, you cant go very far without a good supporting cast. no one player is gonna take our team to the next level, its about personnel, a good core group of players, and solid play from the lines which makes players look like studs.

waiting for all the pieces to fall into place before you add a playmaker means you'll be waiting forever, or 40 years. we've had zero elite offensive playmakers in 40 years. pointing out that other teams are more terrible than us does little to mollify my anger. if your daughter is sleeping around all over town does it make you feel better if someone points out that your neighbor's daughter is an even bigger whore?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man you are thick, it has nothing to do with being fustrated, we all are, but you handle it like a little girl.

right. but instructing fellow jet fans to go root for another team because i'm pissed we've been the laughingstock of the league and of the draft process for 40 years is so mature. talk to garb, maybe she'll let you ride side saddle on that high horse of hers.

if your daughter is sleeping around all over town does it make you feel better if someone points out that your neighbor's daughter is an even bigger whore?

thats one way to look at it. hahah. but either way doesnt hide the truth that yes we havent won a superbowl in 40 years but so what, theirs a certain level of entertainment i get from the jets even when their 4-12 and still play competitive sometimes. you seem to put this black cloud over everything jets, why dont you try and find something good about them. maybe the fact they we went out and signed a couple of pro-bowl players, resigned another future pro-bowler and so on. id rather have jenkins clogging the middle and stopping other teams offenses (especially the patriots), then rather have chad johnson run around the field just waiting to catch a ball.

i hope your not this depressing when watching a jets game.

thats one way to look at it. hahah. but either way doesnt hide the truth that yes we havent won a superbowl in 40 years but so what, theirs a certain level of entertainment i get from the jets even when their 4-12 and still play competitive sometimes. you seem to put this black cloud over everything jets, why dont you try and find something good about them. maybe the fact they we went out and signed a couple of pro-bowl players, resigned another future pro-bowler and so on. id rather have jenkins clogging the middle and stopping other teams offenses (especially the patriots), then rather have chad johnson run around the field just waiting to catch a ball.

i hope your not this depressing when watching a jets game.

and i'm not the true fan?

right. but instructing fellow jet fans to go root for another team because i'm pissed we've been the laughingstock of the league and of the draft process for 40 years is so mature. talk to garb, maybe she'll let you ride side saddle on that high horse of hers.
I did not suggest you root for another team because you are pissed.

HOW DENSE CAN YOU BE???

I suggested you look into the Raiders because they do exactky what you want and they are worse.

Maybe if you could acknowledge that you would see your bitching and lame suggestions, would get us no where fast.

You are the one who is on teh high horse, you start 2 threads about the same crybaby sh*t and refuse to acknowledge any thing anybody has to say aboput it.

You should really about yourself.

I did not suggest you root for another team because you are pissed.

HOW DENSE CAN YOU BE???

I suggested you look into the Raiders because they do exactky what you want and they are worse.

Maybe if you could acknowledge that you would see your bitching and lame suggestions, would get us no where fast.

You are the one who is on teh high horse, you start 2 threads about the same crybaby sh*t and refuse to acknowledge any thing anybody has to say aboput it.

You should really about yourself.

did you sell your herm jerseys on ebay or just turn them inside out and continue to wear them?

if having high standards and expectations for the team i have rooted for my entire life makes me thick than i am as thick as they come.

wow, that's the best you have? disappointing. not jets draft history disappointing, but disappointing nonetheless.
Yeah, it takes someone who actually shows comprhension and makes an ounce of sense to bring out any better, better luck next time.

P.S. Nice sig. ;)

some of us aren't blessed with the capacity for excuse-making that you possess. don't hate us for lacking your gift.
No what you lack is 2nd grade comprehension skills, you just make Sh*t up.

I never made an excuse for anything, I just pointed out what a clown you are, for bitching and bitching offering nothing of a viable solution, and refusing to ackowledge fact after fact.

What a waste of badwith, how much more of a turd to you want to look like?

Just let it go, it's no fun having a form of communication with you, because you refuse to acknowledge what is being discussed, you make up your own sh*t.

Perhaps you are high off your ass, but just incase you are not, I suggest visiting Mr. Rogers, he too lives in the land of make believe, perhaps the Raiders would be too complex for you.

How pathetic, do you go throw life ignoring the facts and just make it all up as you go along, or do you just save that for the Jet Nation?

No what you lack is 2nd grade comprehension skills, you just make **** up.

I never made an excuse for anything, I just pointed out what a clown you are, for bitching and bitching offering nothing of a viable solution, and refusing to ackowledge fact after fact.

What a waste of badwith, how much more of a turd to you want to look like?

Just let it go, it's no fun having a form of communication with you, because you refuse to acknowledge what is being discussed, you make up your own sh*t.

Perhaps you are high off your ass, but just incase you are not, i ssuggest visiting Mr. Rogers, he too lives in the land of make believe.

How pathetic, do you go throw life ignoring the facts and just make it all up as you go along, or do you just save that for the Jet Nation?

please pity us wretched souls who are so naive as to hope for success and not tolerate failure.

saying you don't care if the jets win a SB begs the question, my friend.

i do care, i just dont take it that hard. if they win, id throw a great big party and celebrate with all my jet friends. but if they dont win, what can i do but only hope they get closer next year.

but no matter how you slice it, im happy and confident with this team going into next season. im more than ecstatic to see how much better with do with some of the players like Jenkins, Pace, Gholston, Washington, Faneca, and Cotchery. i think ull be suprised how well they just might do. well just have to wait and see.

please pity us wretched souls who are so naive as to hope for success and not tolerate failure.
My comments have nothing to do with that, and all to do with how you hope for success like a little bitch, but don't take it from all your fellow Jets fans here, just stick your head back in the sand.

i do care, i just dont take it that hard. if they win, id throw a great big party and celebrate with all my jet friends. but if they dont win, what can i do but only hope they get closer next year.

but no matter how you slice it, im happy and confident with this team going into next season. im more than ecstatic to see how much better with do with some of the players like Jenkins, Pace, Gholston, Washington, Faneca, and Cotchery. i think ull be suprised how well they just might do. well just have to wait and see.

don't get me wrong, this team is better than last year's. my frustration doesn't stem from this particular off-season. it stems from the fact that management and fans seems to believe that elite offensive talent is not worth the effort or cannot help the team. i'm not advocating grossly overpaying for someone but to suggest that we're in violation of some unspoken rule if we go after a superstar before every other puzzle piece is in place is short-sighted. teams are never perfect in the era of free agency. it's just more than a little pathetic that we've had zippo offensive superstars since namath and even his prime was short-lived and most of his legend revolves around one epic game.

My comments have nothing to do with that, and all to do with how you hope for success like a little bitch, but don't take it from all your fellow Jets fans here, just stick your head back in the sand.

that's ironic. someone who refuses to acknowledge our infamous position as league dunce in drafting and retaining talent accusing me of sticking my head in the sand.

don't get me wrong, this team is better than last year's. my frustration doesn't step from this particular off-season. it stems from the fact that management and fans seems to believe that elite offensive talent is not worth the effort or cannot help the team. i'm not advocating grossly overpaying for someone but to suggest that we're in violation of some unspoken rule if we go after a superstar before every other puzzle piece is in place is short-sighted. teams are never perfect in the era of free agency. it's just more than a little pathetic that we've has zippo offensive superstars since namath and even his prime was short-lived.

i would agree with you, but i think it depends more so on the position. I was relieved when the Raiders too McFadden, i think their was way too much hype going into him and most of the time i think the line makes the runningback. theirs only so many tackles you can miss with poor blocking in front of you. wide receiver, eh, i just wanted someone big and fast, and i think Keller will be great in that role. we didnt have anything to counter coles and cotchery who are both posession receivers. now if only we could find the next tom brady, carson palmer, or peyton manning, we would probably have very little questions.

that's ironic. someone who refuses to acknowledge our infamous position as league dunce in drafting and retaining talent accusing me of sticking my head in the sand.
Where have I refused to acknowledge our infamous position as league dunce in drafting and retaining talent???

You see all I did was point out that your bitching and offering no solution is dispictable.

You go ahead and make up this garbage like a little bitch, you have zero crediablity, might as well just quit, unless you want to look even worse. (If that is at all possible?)

I know whe should have traded for 85, or Roy Williams, even though they are not being traded, and we should have traded up for DMC even though KC was trying to rape us for him.

Again I know it's not about this year, even though those were your only suggestions, it's about 40 years, where we purposely tried to draft guys that would not pan out.

What a joke, grow some nuts will you.

Where have I refused to acknowledge our infamous position as league dunce in drafting and retaining talent???

You see all I did was point out that your bitching and offering no solution is dispictable.

You go ahead and make up this garbage like a little bitch, you have zero crediablity, might as well just quit, unless you want to look worse.

I know whe should have traded for 85, or Roy Williams, even though they are not being traded, and we should have traded up for DMC even though KC was trying to rape us for him.

Again I know it's not about this year, even though those were your only suggestions, it's about 40 years, were we purposely tried to draft guys that would not pan out.

What a joke, grow some nuts will you.

your emotional tizzy really comes through in your nonsensical "retort."

Well look on the bright side. They did overpay for over the hill an unproven talent. Its not much but its a start.

Unproven, over the hill talent like who?

Faneca- Pro bowler; IE, Faneca didn't play 100% last year (as he documented) because he was uncertain about his security. Had he went down with an injury he would have been screwed!. Oh I'm sorry I didn't think a OG at 31 was over the hill considering most elite Olinemen are over 30. Thanks!

Jenkins- Oh I'm sorry, yet another pro bowler who had one injured season 2 YEARS AGO!!!, He was born in 79 and when I went to school that would mean he's 28. I never knew that 28 was considered "over the hill" but again you're a Pats fan, what should I expect. Oh isn't your whole defense over 30?.. Jets are the 4th youngest team in the league. Do your homework!

Calvin Pace- He's iffy, could go either way. We might have overpaid for him but only time will tell. He's 27(again, I didn't realize he was "over the hill") and is he an upgrade over Hobson?... I THINK SO!!!

-------------------------

Tony Richardson- A cheap F.A signing and is he better then Barnes?... I think so. Dude got a 1 year contract. Again to your homework.

Bubba Franks- A good blocking TE we signed for decent coin and added for depth, he was born in 78 that equals 29 years of age. WOW!!!, he's over the hill <sarcasm>

So according to your analysis anyone over 30 is old and unproven and you only win championships with a team under 30. Wow!!, what logic!!., you've probably only been a Pats fan since 01. I suggest you STFU and go sit in the corner.

After I have washed my hands with the Patsy boy, the Jets haven't had a real threat on offense in a long time. I agree 100%, all of the Cherbet ball washing makes me sick (fan favorite?.. yes!, great story?.. absolutely) however, far from an offensive threat. Keshawn was a bum and will always be a bum. Curtis was great and his best attribute was he was consistent but he was never a homerun threat. I agree it makes me sick. So lets hope Dustin Keller can become "Gates like" and we can have some more good offensive drafts in the future because we have been pretty bleak!

Although there are no elite weapons on our offense our O-line with the new additions could be a top 5 unit in this league. It at least has the potential to be so.

If it does work out like that (Not saying it will), we will have a good offense, and we will win games. Games are won and lost in the trenches, the other gamebreaking position are quite frankly overated.

Once the Jets find a QB who can throw the ball down the field, we'll see a lot more playmakers on offense.

Unfortunately, god knows when that's going to happen.

How do you know that???

Coles has never been a downfield threat wherever he's been despite his speed. Cotchery is and always will be a possesion WR.

They will remain that way no matter who is at QB, there was no glaring improvements in their play with KC at QB.

How do you know that???

Coles has never been a downfield threat wherever he's been despite his speed. Cotchery is and always will be a possesion WR.

They will remain that way no matter who is at QB, there was no glaring improvements in their play with KC at QB.

KC sucked last year...so you really cant judge that.

Coles and Cothery with a QB that can throw the ball 20-25 yards down the middle of the field would be very good.

See Fitzgerald and Boldin.

I don't take it personal, you like bitching, yet you offer no solutions, just more bitching.

When somebody points out that getting the talent you are bitching for which is not available anyway has not faired well for other teams you refuse to ackowledge it.

A top end talent running back means dick without an O-line, and a great O-line can make an average runningback shine.

Same goes for recievers with quarterbacks, you bitch mindlessly and fail to see that in order for a team to succeed their are more areas to adress than just star power.

YOU REALLY SHOULD ROOT FOR THE RAIDERS, they get the guys you want and suck even worse.

calm down..

he is upset from a generic POV that the Jets have sucked, uh, forever..

U can complain generically and not have to say 'oh, we did some good things so far this year'..we need to see PROVEN results before we accept ANYTHING team does..

results,,

incremental1wp9.jpg

Archived