Mike Mussina

9 games started

49.2 IP

52 hits

22 earned runs

6 walks

24 k's

6-3 record, 3.99 ERA

and just for fun, I know I had a discussion before the season....

TIM WAKEFIELD

8 games started

48.2 IP

44 hits

23 earned runs

23 walks

27 k's

3-2 record, 4.25 ERA

Remember this quote from Hank.

Mike Mussina

9 games started

49.2 IP

52 hits

22 earned runs

6 walks

24 k's

6-3 record, 3.99 ERA

TIM WAKEFIELD

8 games started

48.2 IP

44 hits

23 earned runs

23 walks

27 k's

3-2 record, 4.25 ERA

Moose has 1 more GS and only 1 more IP. That doesn't particularly help out your bullpen. And Wakes just had his worst outing of the year, where his era jumped a full run. Mussina has only made it past the 6th inning one time, Wakes has done it three times, and Wakefield also has more QS. I'd still take Tim Wakefield as I know Mussina will level out eventually.

There is NOTHING that HomerCarl can't spin in favor of the Sawx. :rl:

I don't appreciate name calling Bob. I figured that would be above you.

And you cannot really spin the stats, which are all true. I noticed you didn't try to take the opposite vantage point and try to civilly debate me. I could be wrong, but thought it was a discussion board, not a call names and add nothing significant or pertinent board. Thanks though, Bob, for perpetuating stereotypes of Yankee fans.

I don't appreciate name calling Bob. I figured that would be above you.

And you cannot really spin the stats, which are all true. I noticed you didn't try to take the opposite vantage point and try to civilly debate me. I could be wrong, but thought it was a discussion board, not a call names and add nothing significant or pertinent board. Thanks though, Bob, for perpetuating stereotypes of Yankee fans.

3.99 ERA > 4.25 ERA

Also on your post about how 2 of Moose's losses have come against Boston. Well, Wakefield hasn't gone against the Yankees, because the Boston organization knows that the Yankee bats kill Wakefield, although if Boston played the Yankees now, I wouldn't be surprised if they would throw him out there, because the way those bats are hitting, they couldn't hit off me.

3.99 ERA > 4.25 ERA

Also on your post about how 2 of Moose's losses have come against Boston. Well, Wakefield hasn't gone against the Yankees, because the Boston organization knows that the Yankee bats kill Wakefield, although if Boston played the Yankees now, I wouldn't be surprised if they would throw him out there, because the way those bats are hitting, they couldn't hit off me.

Wakefields doesn't have the best track record against the Yankees, that is for sure. And the difference in ERA (especially since Wakefields last' outing jumped his ERA a full point) is moot when you consider the amount of innings pitched and games pitched.

Mike Mussina

9 games started

49.2 IP

52 hits

22 earned runs

6 walks

24 k's

6-3 record, 3.99 ERA

TIM WAKEFIELD

8 games started

48.2 IP

44 hits

23 earned runs

23 walks

27 k's

3-2 record, 4.25 ERA

Tim Wakefield

9 GS

54.0 IP

50 hits

26 ER

26 BB

32 K's

3-2 record, 4.33 ERA (Moving on up, just like George Jefferson!)

I think he meant pitch like Jamie Moyer back when Moyer was good. Five years ago. When he was 50.

Methinks Troll no matter how long we go without winning anything - at least we don't have an asshat like Hank holding the team purse strings. In this there is comfort.

10 GS

59.0 IP

58 hits

34 ER

30 BB

36 K's

5.19 ERA

OUCH.

Wakefield is a streaky pitcher. He's had 2 bad games. You can keep track of him all season if you like. I am sure you will, because you're obviously obsessed with the Red Sox. I'd worry about your own crap team. Oh and great outing for Moose last game too. I hope you're enjoying last place.

Wakefield is a streaky pitcher. He's had 2 bad games. You can keep track of him all season if you like. I am sure you will, because you're obviously obsessed with the Red Sox. I'd worry about your own crap team. Oh and great outing for Moose last game too. I hope you're enjoying last place.

Moose might have had a horrid outing, but thanks to 6 Unearned runs, it looks alot better in the states column

Methinks Troll no matter how long we go without winning anything - at least we don't have an asshat like Hank holding the team purse strings. In this there is comfort.

How is Hank a bad owner? I don't think he has proven anything either way. What he has proven is that he is good at the genetic lottery and knows how to be born rich.

Other than that he hasn't proven to be good or bad. He says "stupid" things but you know what, he is much more calculated than people give him credit for. The Yankees are poised for some good things in my opinion if they just stay the course.

Hank will prove if he lets that happen but right now I can't say I am sorry he is the owner. Time may change it. There was a time when people said George was clueless (and he was). But he evolved and became one of the best owners in professional sports imo.

It seems someone is offended that Wakefield sucks. Listen, I never said one was better then the other, all I said was they both sucked. Neither has been close to good. I am expecting Moose to suck, and he has done better then expected. You are expecting Wakefield to do good, and he has sucked donkey balls.

How is Hank a bad owner? I don't think he has proven anything either way. What he has proven is that he is good at the genetic lottery and knows how to be born rich.

Other than that he hasn't proven to be good or bad. He says "stupid" things but you know what, he is much more calculated than people give him credit for. The Yankees are poised for some good things in my opinion if they just stay the course.

Hank will prove if he lets that happen but right now I can't say I am sorry he is the owner. Time may change it. There was a time when people said George was clueless (and he was). But he evolved and became one of the best owners in professional sports imo.

The history and record books will tell in time Max and maybe he'll wise up a bit like his father did when he was on course to singlehandedly ruin the game of baseball.

My reason for thinking he's going to bring pain to Yankee fans and the game are

he seemingly has learned nothing from his fathers early mistakes and is repeating them. He won't shut his fk'n mouth and thereby daily reaffirms how little he knows.

I didn't want Girardi here in Chicago as much as I loved him as a player. The jury was at about a 50-50 split between loving him as a manager and calling him bigtime inept.

With Hank in his face 24/7 and getting involved in all aspects of the game it insnt giving Joe much of a chance to grow into probably the toughest job in baseball. You're right when you say nothings proven - but I've seen this story line before and usually doesnt end up on the right side of immortality.

It seems someone is offended that Wakefield sucks. Listen, I never said one was better then the other, all I said was they both sucked. Neither has been close to good. I am expecting Moose to suck, and he has done better then expected. You are expecting Wakefield to do good, and he has sucked donkey balls.

I guess every pitcher that has had a couple of bad outings back to back is terrible. Wakefield has been fine and he will be fine.

Archived