Pennington to take a pay cut??

Irish Jet

You guys are either delusional, stupid or in denial. :lol:

Yea, after Mangini named Clemens his starter, that was the end of it by the media! :lol::lol:

how exactly is that Chad's fault?

so let me get this straight....the media continually asking about the QB situation and chad not sitting on the bench (but standing on the sidelines with a clipboard, like clemens does if he's not starting) makes him a "vageen" and a distraction.

good point dooshey

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to mention Chads already proven himself to be a massive vageen when benched.

Actually, I sort of agree with that. I don't think he'd cause any serious trouble, but he'd be real pissy about it.

Irony alert. Where were you last year??? He's already proven himself TO BE a distraction, not the other way around.

How was he a distration to his team last year? The media was just waiting for CHAD to do something selfish but he didn't. There were many times last year when Kellen came off the field he would look at the play sheets with him.

You guys are either delusional, stupid or in denial. :lol:

Yea, after Mangini named Clemens his starter, that was the end of it by the media! :lol::lol:

This is New York. Learn to live with the media scrutiny or leave. When the media is running the team we are straight up ****ed. Oh, and find me some of the quotes from Pennington where he didn't say the right thing under all that attention.

Ok. But I dont want to hear anyone who wants Chad as a backup critizicing Mangini if the lockerroom splits in 2 and the media causes a QB controversy again. Not to mention signing a vet QB is a complete non issue.

IMO, its too big of a risk to KEEP Chad on the roster. Its less of a risk to CUT him.

You guys seriously cant see this coming? Wake up, people.

the 2008-2009 season is not much of a risk to you then i guess.

This is New York. Learn to live with the media scrutiny or leave. When the media is running the team we are straight up ****ed. Oh, and find me some of the quotes from Pennington where he didn't say the right thing under all that attention.

He'll find some way to twist 'I support Kellen' into something that has Chad come across as Satan.

Here are some quotes from Chad the week he was benched for Kellen:

When your team is struggling, people look for answers and coaches have to look for answers and sometimes the first position that is looked at is the quarterback position.I understand that.

It's not fair to my teammates in that locker room that I discuss my future with this organization or with another team. They're working extremely hard to just get a win. We just want to get that winning feeling back.

I'm disappointed and it's a frustrating time for me. At the same time, it's not about me. It's about our team and our team moving forward and I understand that

Wow, what a prick.

Well I don't think he had to deal with too much BS from Testaverde when he first got the job for good. And he considers that to have been instrumental in his development. He'd have to be a real scumbag to not give Clemens the same help/support that he benefited from with Vinny. I don't see that happening with Chad. But the door would be open for him to start expressing discontent to players like Coles & others he's known for years. That would be very bad.

Then again - is there really anything, other than effectively selling a play-action, that you want Clemens to learn from Pennington?

18 different kinds of dumpoff?

Here are some quotes from Chad the week he was benched for Kellen:

Quote:

When your team is struggling, people look for answers and coaches have to look for answers and sometimes the first position that is looked at is the quarterback position.I understand that.

Quote:

It's not fair to my teammates in that locker room that I discuss my future with this organization or with another team. They're working extremely hard to just get a win. We just want to get that winning feeling back.

Quote:

I'm disappointed and it's a frustrating time for me. At the same time, it's not about me. It's about our team and our team moving forward and I understand that

thanks for proving my point. The guy never admits that he sucked. Never has.

Yeah, the Jets benched you only because you're the QB on the 1-7 team and the coach is supposed to throw you under the bus. It has nothing to do with you single handedly costing the team several games or anything. :---)

He's a clown, trying to paint himself as the victim and scape goat. What a loser.

Yeah, the Jets benched you only because you're the QB on the 1-7 team and the coach is supposed to throw you under the bus. It has nothing to do with you single handedly costing the team several games or anything. :---)

He's a clown, trying to paint himself as the victim and scape goat. What a loser.

LOL, seek help.

You are a bigger clown, nobody comes out and says I sucked, nor should they.

He was not the only problem, he said all the right things, and never became a distraction, Mr. Vageen.

Dude put down the crack pipe.Chad Pennington as we speak is the best QB on the NYJETS roster.He gives us the best chance at winning.Clemens faltered and looked bad in his short stint last season.Ainge and Ratliff TBD.

If Clemens is our future he better get better in a hurry.

What about a trade for Brady Quinn.

He was not the only problem, and he said all the right things, and never became a distraction.

Mr. Vageen

Its called taking responsibility for your play. Show me a player who cant admit that he has failed, and I'll show you a loser. I'll show you Chad.

Its called taking responsibility for your play. Show me a player who cant admit that he has failed, and I'll show you a loser. I'll show you Chad.
He took responsability, un like you for your BS comments, he never became a distraction wake up and stop being a Vageen.

Did he screw your wife or sister or something?

When has Chad ever come out of the locker room, addressed the media and when asked about his pitiful performance that cost the team the game and admitted that "I did not get the job done" or "I didnt hold up my end" or "I simply cost my team a victory today" ?? ?? ??

NEVER. BECAUSE HE'S A FUKKIN LOSER.

Yes they do. A lot of great players take the blame. Brady and Eli Manning both blame themselves repeatedly, maybe that's why people play hard for them. Even Peyton started saying he's at fault, and then he goes and wins an SB. Before then, he'd always blame the O-line or what not, and just lose.

Pennington never puts it on himself. When he ****s up, it's everybody else's fault. When others make huge plays, it's because of him. CP is from the Herm school, through and through.

When has Chad ever come out of the locker room, addressed the media and when asked about his pitiful performance that cost the team the game and admitted that "I did not get the job done" or "I didnt hold up my end" or "I simply cost my team a victory today" ?? ?? ??

NEVER. BECAUSE HE'S A FUKKIN LOSER.

Even if he never did, how does that make him a distraction??? Sorry but you are looking like a bigger loser, stop making up sh*t!!!

Yes they do. A lot of great players take the blame. Brady and Eli Manning both blame themselves repeatedly, maybe that's why people play hard for them. Even Peyton started saying he's at fault, and then he goes and wins an SB. Before then, he'd always blame the O-line or what not, and just lose.

Pennington never puts it on himself. When he ****s up, it's everybody else's fault. When others make huge plays, it's because of him. CP is from the Herm school, through and through.

Taking blame is one thing, saying I suck is another, I can remember Chad owning up for bone head plays he made just like the QB's you mentioned.

He took responsability, un like you for your BS comments, he never became a distraction wake up and stop being a Vageen.

Did he screw your wife or sister or something?

He did? Where? By trying to paint himself as the victim because "the team is struggling and sometimes a coach will look at the QB position first" as if the team isnt struggling because of his own pathetic play.

Like I said, he's a loser.

Taking blame is one thing, saying I suck is another, I can remember Chad owning up for bone head plays he made just like the QB's you mentioned.

Oh sure, his classic excuse line of "I felt I had a very good game except for a couple of throws.". You took that baby, hook and line eh?

You're a sucker.

He did? Where? By trying to paint himself as the victim because "the team is struggling and sometimes a coach will look at the QB position first" as if the team isnt struggling because of his own pathetic play.

Like I said, he's a loser.

I'm sorry but he has said he played bad in the past.

Where was he a distraction???

I don't see a single instance in any of those quotes in which Pennington takes responsibility for his own ****ty play.
Yeah and those are the only 3 statements he made all year, Right?

What a egomaniac he is. :character0282:

Even if he never took blame, he was not the only problem and he was not a distraction.

Man you are lame, you started this whole thing crying how Pennington was a distraction, and he was not so you move on to some other bull sh*t.

Typical Vageen move.

Actually, to correct myself here, its the same issue.

If he took responsibility for his own play, there would never be a QB controversy.

BECAUSE HE F'ING SUCKS.

Yeah and those are the only 3 statements he made all year, Right? What a egomaniac he is. :character0282:

Those were the three quotes your Penningtologist counterpart deemed as proof that Chad was Classy Classerton whenever he got his ass benched.

It's bull****, and Barton is exactly right. That first quote is borderline dickish. "Well, the team is struggling, so blame the quarterback".

Wow so you can be just as clueless as Barton.

I want Clemens to start, but there is no need to make sh*t up to feel that way, Chad was not a distraction, anybody with 1/2 a brain knows that.

Ad hominem, nice, yep, that makes you look right!

Archived