The trade deadline is coming, post your AJ Brunette rumors!

stormshadow19

According to Jayson Stark... the Marlins are looking for Mike Maroth and Curtis Granderson, from the Tigers, for AJ.

Apparently, odds are AJ is going to end up in Chicago, with the White Sox, I'd assume, but if you've got AJ rumors, or any trade rumors, go ahead and post em!

Will A.J. stay or go?

Jul 25 - With A.J. Burnett producing another dominant start and the Marlins playing better baseball, they are weighing whether or not to trade Burnett by Sunday's deadline, Peter Gammons reports.

"We don't have to trade A.J. If we can make ourselves better in 2005 and for the future, we'll listen," said Marlins GM Larry Beinfest.

The White Sox and the Red Sox appear to be the two top suitors for Burnett. The White Sox would reportedly be willing to part with reliever Damaso Marte and rookie Brandon McCarthy, while the Red Sox are dangling Bronson Arroyo, with the possibility they could also include hot prospect Anibal Sanchez, Gammons reports. Jayson Stark reports that the Marlins may not be ready to jump at a White Sox package headed by McCarthy because they wouldn't get an established starter. The White Sox would either have to include Jose Contrerars in the deal or make another deal for another starting pitcher.

It seems the only possible places for him to go are Chicago or Boston... and I laugh at Boston's offer of Arroyo. Chicago's offer is weak too.

I laugh at the Marlins thinking somebody was gonna take Mike Lowell's $21 mil off their hands.

He's a good pitcher and all and I'd welcome him to Boston in a heartbeat...but he's not THAT good. Mike Lowell can go F himself.

AJ probably will stay in FLA...ATL will win that division...and AJ will walk to the highest bidder, leaving FLA a distant memory and leaving FLA without a plethora of solid prospects.

Archived