Question for L.A. Lakers fans

What turned this team around? The reaquistion of Derrick Fisher and Lamar Odom playing well (most of the time)? What is it? This team really isn't all that different from the previous two years, minus Fisher and Gasol, and the team was on fire without Gasol early on.

What turned this team around? The reaquistion of Derrick Fisher and Lamar Odom playing well (most of the time)? What is it? This team really isn't all that different from the previous two years, minus Fisher and Gasol, and the team was on fire without Gasol early on.
kobe is 3 times as good at that clown jordan now

ya dig

thats y we one win from tha finals

Gasol.

Anytime you get a superstar in the prime of his career for a piece of human garbage like Kwame Brown your team is going to take the nest step.

Bynum coming into his own turned the team around.

Without Bynum and without a trade, the team wouldn't have dominated. However, acquiring Gasol was huge for the offense, which would've been without a real inside presence on both ends of the floor.

Kobe being the best player around, once again, helped as well.

Bynum coming into his own turned the team around.

Without Bynum and without a trade, the team wouldn't have dominated. However, acquiring Gasol was huge for the offense, which would've been without a real inside presence on both ends of the floor.

Kobe being the best player around, once again, helped as well.

The funny thing is they're doing it without Bynum. Imagine what will happen when he comes back. The Spurs are the only team in the west that can beat them and they look old.

Suns and Mavs shot themselves in the foot with stupid trades - both teams might as well rebuild. Nuggets are already looking to rebuild. Hornets will be the second best team in the league next year but who knows if they got what it takes. Lakers can handle the Rockets and Jazz.

I'm already penciling in the Lakers for next year's NBA Championship.

The fact is that Kobe trusts his teammates more than ever. The previous two seasons Kobe took most of the shots and never believed in any of them. According to him they worked their asses off and got much better. The Lakers had the same team for pretty much 2 seasons, they just have trust and depth.

The funny thing is they're doing it without Bynum. Imagine what will happen when he comes back. The Spurs are the only team in the west that can beat them and they look old.

Suns and Mavs shot themselves in the foot with stupid trades - both teams might as well rebuild. Nuggets are already looking to rebuild. Hornets will be the second best team in the league next year but who knows if they got what it takes. Lakers can handle the Rockets and Jazz.

I'm already penciling in the Lakers for next year's NBA Championship.

Smart move Pete ;)

The fact is that Kobe trusts his teammates more than ever. The previous two seasons Kobe took most of the shots and never believed in any of them. According to him they worked their asses off and got much better. The Lakers had the same team for pretty much 2 seasons, they just have trust and depth.

True but Bynum really came into his own early on this year. Glad Mitch didn't listen to Kobe and deal Bynum. :biggrin: To me Gasol basically replaced Bynum in the middle and THAT was the missing piece of the puzzle. Gasol is hungry for victories after being stuck with Memphis and he's playing like he can smell that ring.

True but Bynum really came into his own early on this year. Glad Mitch didn't listen to Kobe and deal Bynum. :biggrin: To me Gasol basically replaced Bynum in the middle and THAT was the missing piece of the puzzle. Gasol is hungry for victories after being stuck with Memphis and he's playing like he can smell that ring.

I agree but I can't see how we're winning because of our talent. In that case, we would of won the Finals in 2004. Sure we had to old HOF but they still distributed, not to mention we had both Shaq and Kobe.

Like Ghost said I feel Kobe has really become more of a team player, he has led by example all year and has trusted his teamates. Bynum and Gasol like others have mentioned are also a huge part of it.

If Bynum can get back to 100% next season The Lakers should absolutely dominate. How's that for a 'big three'.

they would have to develop chemistry first.

True, but I feel that the likes of Gasol and Bynum are too good of players to not be able to play with each other. Over the course of the season they should develop the chemistry and be ready to tear it up come playoff time.

I don't think chemistry would be a problem, Pau Gasol's natural position is not the position he's playing right now, which is center. He's a Power Forward, which means Andrew Bynum can be the center.

Andrew Bynum 7-0

Pau Gasol 7-0

Lamar Odom 6-11

Kobe Bryant 6-7

Derek Fisher 6-3

I think that's some good height. :biggrin:

not sure how much Fisher has left.

Also, the problem next year will be that the team is too deep. Maybe some guys will leave. Two free agents after this season.

If Bynum were healthy now, guys like Walton, Turiaf, Vujacic, Radmanovic, etc. would be battling for minutes.

not sure how much Fisher has left.

Also, the problem next year will be that the team is too deep. Maybe some guys will leave. Two free agents after this season.

If Bynum were healthy now, guys like Walton, Turiaf, Vujacic, Radmanovic, etc. would be battling for minutes.

I'm sure that's a problem they'd love to have. Vujacic, Turiaf, and Radmanovic are great bench players.

Like Ghost said I feel Kobe has really become more of a team player, he has led by example all year and has trusted his teamates. Bynum and Gasol like others have mentioned are also a huge part of it.

If Bynum can get back to 100% next season The Lakers should absolutely dominate. How's that for a 'big three'.

I LIKE I LIKE :)

I don't think chemistry would be a problem, Pau Gasol's natural position is not the position he's playing right now, which is center. He's a Power Forward, which means Andrew Bynum can be the center.

Andrew Bynum 7-0

Pau Gasol 7-0

Lamar Odom 6-11

Kobe Bryant 6-7

Derek Fisher 6-3

I think that's some good height. :biggrin:

Absolutely, Bynum goes to center, Gasol to PF.

center isn't really Gasol's position anyway.

But it fits him well because in the triangle offense the center should be able to pass the ball. I seen Bynum give some pretty good passes before but I won't say he's a better passer than Gasol.

But it fits him well because in the triangle offense the center should be able to pass the ball. I seen Bynum give some pretty good passes before but I won't say he's a better passer than Gasol.

He's not at this point but that's the way it will fall out next year. Don't forget Bynum's only 20.

Archived