New Stadium Blitz

Maxman

New Stadium Blitz

Posted at 11:12 pm in Featured Editorials, Tyson Rauch by Max

By Tyson Rauch

Another day and another email from the New York Jets regarding their new state of the art stadium. As a “valued season ticket holder” it is clearly quite important for the Jets organization to emphasize all of the benefits of the new stadium. From the increased number of concession stands and bathrooms, to the enhanced sound system, to the overall improved game day experience inside and outside the stadium, no expenses are being spared for this football paradise.

The organization has even provided live camera feeds on their website to continue to build the excitement for the fans. The only thing missing from all of this stadium hysteria is how this new venue is going to impact the ticket prices. Clearly with all of the time and energy spent communicating all of this information it only means one thing to the season ticket holders. The Jets opened their wallet to help build this stadium, be ready to empty your pockets to sit in it.

Of course in this day and age this cannot be a surprise to any fan as this has been the practice throughout all professional sports. The only question is while sending out the five page green colored fliers, why not begin to prepare the fan base for what is ahead of them in terms of ticket prices? While attending one of the open forums held for season ticket holders the repeated concern that was voiced was the price of tickets and the possibility of personal seat licenses. So why not begin to address this situation? Let’s not kid ourselves the Jets already know the pricing structure for the new stadium, hell the first step was raising tickets prices off a miserable 4-12 season. So why not give the fans as much time as possible to prepare for the new price structure?

If there is going to be a personal seat licensing system why not let the fan base have the option to begin paying it off a year in advance? As a long time season ticket holder I have come to grips that this new football stadium is going to drastically change my game day experience. As great as it will be to no longer see GIANTS STADIUM on the banner while entering the stadium it will really suck to look down my row and see some very good friends of mine no longer there as they have been priced out of the stadium. As great as it will be to hear the J-E-T-S JETS! JETS ! JETS! chant in surround sound it will suck to not be able to share the experience with all of the longtime season ticket holders that have lived and died with this team over the years. And while it will be great to see my beloved Jets play in an amazing state of the art stadium, it will suck to know that my days could be numbered as a season ticket holder as I could be the next victim of the economics of professional sports.

So Mr. Johnson is it too much to ask to begin to deal with the ticketing issues now to possibly avoid some of these situations from happening?

based on what they are saying that is supposed to be true as well..the thinking is that mass transit is going to change a lot see it to believe it

Randy Lange's article said they expect 10,000 fans to take the trains as opposed to 3,500 that do so now. (I think that # was just the train people and didn't include bus traffic as well).

Randy Lange's article said they expect 10,000 fans to take the trains as opposed to 3,500 that do so now. (I think that # was just the train people and didn't include bus traffic as well).

And not want to tailgate?

I wonder how many fans actually tailgate now, and how badly this will be impacted by the new stadium.

If I were getting tickets to the new place, I would take the train. It beats parking in Astoria and getting picked up there by my brother. Id rather park in Stamford and take a train.

I wonder how many fans actually tailgate now, and how badly this will be impacted by the new stadium.

If I were getting tickets to the new place, I would take the train. It beats parking in Astoria and getting picked up there by my brother. Id rather park in Stamford and take a train.

You can join other's tailgates when you get there.

I don't see the logic in demanding Woody and company release the details of ticket/PSL pricing when clearly those things are not finalized.

There's this conspiracy theory that somehow the new stadium is going to screw everyone, but Im just happy the old one is going to be turned into a parking lot.

this whole "priced out" phenomenon might happen, it might not, but as a general rule if you are crying about it maybe it's time to get a second job.

I don't see the logic in demanding Woody and company release the details of ticket/PSL pricing when clearly those things are not finalized.

There's this conspiracy theory that somehow the new stadium is going to screw everyone, but Im just happy the old one is going to be turned into a parking lot.

this whole "priced out" phenomenon might happen, it might not, but as a general rule if you are crying about it maybe it's time to get a second job.

LOL!!!! So people don't have the right to voice concern over something that they are very passionate about. Instead of "talking" about it on a message board they should get a 2nd job.

I have a 1st job that pays very well. My 2nd job doesn't pay because it is a volunteer gig. So what should I do?

Volunteer less at get a job on the Geek Squad? :)

Woody is working hard at getting your/our tailgate$$$$ also thats why he started up those Oasis thigs in the parking lot ,he should have gone the way Dallas did ,they have that huge tent set up with draft beer,food, & the live band & it was $5 to get in then you paid cash for the food & beer ,it was really set up well ,Woody`s tent/bubble set up was like $70 the Oasis things were smaller versions .& As I mentioned last week Tyson thr Giants should be comming out in the next few weeks with their PSL $$$$$$ amout....thats why Woody is doing this Blitz,he`ll be Dropping his PSL bomb right after Mara & Tisch does.

Im already priced out. I can find a lot of other things I can do with over $2,000 a year.

The cost will go up in the new place. I cannot justify paying any more. I cant justify it now. But at least I will have an excuse to finally bail on Woody's money maker.

The reality is that there will be less tailgating opportunities for the fan because that cuts into Woody's profits.

The reality is there will be a new fan base at the meadowlands once the new stadium opens.

Get a second job for what? is it so insane to ask the Jets to cut the fans a break give them the ability to pay it off over time? regardless of your financial situation I think many would prefer to pay off in increments then throwing thousands at the jets at one time..but hey that is just me.

Get a second job for what? is it so insane to ask the Jets to cut the fans a break give them the ability to pay it off over time? regardless of your financial situation I think many would prefer to pay off in increments then throwing thousands at the jets at one time..but hey that is just me.

I agree with you 100%. Why aren't the Jets and Giants announcing the PSL and season ticket prices right now?

After the huge increase in my Pats season tickets this year the official response from the Pats was that the increase had been in the works for years.

The Jets & Giants know exactly what they are going to charge when the new place opens.

I agree with you 100%. Why aren't the Jets and Giants announcing the PSL and season ticket prices right now?

After the huge increase in my Pats season tickets this year the official response from the Pats was that the increase had been in the works for years.

The Jets & Giants know exactly what they are going to charge when the new place opens.

Because they have to send out mailings on how beautiful the new stadium will be to soften the body blow.

Because they have to send out mailings on how beautiful the new stadium will be to soften the body blow.

It just go to show how arrogant NFL owners are. They don't care about the people who have been buying season tickets for decades.

All they care about is the people who will pay the outrageous prices when the new Stadium opens.

It just go to show how arrogant NFL owners are. They don't care about the people who have been buying season tickets for decades.

All they care about is the people who will pay the outrageous prices when the new Stadium opens.

True for baseball also.

And all other sports.

Its not about us. Its about our greenbacks.

oh this year is going to really suck in terms of traffic...so for those guys like Max that get there at 11:30 for a 1pm game brace yourself :)

LOL!!! :-P

I used to get there early. But now with so many people out to get me I like to limit my exposure. :)

Archived