Pap to Rays: 'Payback is a b!tch'

Lil Bit Special

OMG i'm soooooo skuuuured. I recall another big mouth redneck that went away real quick. John Rocker anyone ?

I'll still take the best reliever in the history of the game. Cool , quiet , calm and a guy with class.

Rocker was a c0cky assh0le. Paplebon is retarded. Rocker knows what he's saying. Paps doesnt.

Rocker wanted to incite people. Papelbon wants to act like a jackass.

I never said the 2 were one in the same.

What do you mean he wants to act like a jackass? I don't understand the derogatory remarks against Papelbon. All he is doing is sticking up for his teammates. I don't understand the ill will toward him.

What do you mean he wants to act like a jackass? I don't understand the derogatory remarks against Papelbon. All he is doing is sticking up for his teammates. I don't understand the ill will toward him.

what derogatory comments did I make?

Did you watch the youtube videos I posted? He is acting like a jackass. And his comments to Comcast were of someone who doesnt measure every word to come off sounding p.c.

He acts like the class clown. He thrives in that role.

get off Garb's horse, Im not a Papelbon hater.

MO <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PAPS

I'm sorry, but if any baseball fan can argue that then well u have some set of balls, because i dont see how someone can say paps is better than mo.

If you think Mo is better than Paps, that's fine. Only time will tell. However, you need to figure out which way you want your greater than and less than signs pointing. It's called 6th grade math. Come on now children.

LBS, to me you calling him a jackass is derogatory. I like Paps and the way he is. I don't know why or what he has to be PC about when it comes to a baseball fight.

It was a silly statement. Papelbon is not going to be the one to administer the 'payback'. For the most part, if he's in the game, the Sox are winning the game. Why risk plunking a guy and putting the tying run on?

He's an excellent closer, but he has a .10 cent mind.

LBS, to me you calling him a jackass is derogatory. I like Paps and the way he is. I don't know why or what he has to be PC about when it comes to a baseball fight.

well it isnt. Its someone acting like he did in his irish dance. Its not showboating. Its just someone acting immature and stupid. He is aloof. I call it being a jackass. You dont.

Im not saying HE HAS to be P.C., but athletes today measure their words very carefully so they dont get fined or give the other team bulletin board material. This thought doesnt even enter Papelbon's head. He just says what he feels. This is totally different than almost all other professional athletes. And the other athletes who do say stuff like this are showboaters- Paps isnt a showboater, he just says what he wants.

So, relax... Im not criticizing him. I have no problem with anything he did. Stop assuming everything is an attack.. Not everybody hates the Red Sox.

Papelhomo is just like Nosemar was in his first few years. We all heard the Puke fans tell us how he had a seat on the express lane to the HOF. Now Nosemar sits lonely, waiting for a good plastic surgeon that will make his beak smaller. The same will become of Papelhomo. He will never reach the inmortality of a guy like Mo. He won't even be mentioned in the same breath as Trevor Hoffman. Enjoy your couple of good years. Neil Allen may need a guy to push his wheelchair for him.

MO <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PAPS

I'm sorry, but if any baseball fan can argue that then well u have some set of balls, because i dont see how someone can say paps is better than mo.

I agree with you, Rivera is way better, but if you think Rivera is better why not post it right.

Rivera > Papelbon

When ever you have the mouth open to one player, that means you think he's better, didn't they teach you that in school? lol

I agree with you, Rivera is way better, but if you think Rivera is better why not post it right.

Rivera > Papelbon

When ever you have the mouth open to one player, that means you think he's better, didn't they teach you that in school? lol

Apparently the "mangenious" was absent that day. :biggrin:

well it isnt. Its someone acting like he did in his irish dance. Its not showboating. Its just someone acting immature and stupid. He is aloof. I call it being a jackass. You dont.

Im not saying HE HAS to be P.C., but athletes today measure their words very carefully so they dont get fined or give the other team bulletin board material. This thought doesnt even enter Papelbon's head. He just says what he feels. This is totally different than almost all other professional athletes. And the other athletes who do say stuff like this are showboaters- Paps isnt a showboater, he just says what he wants.

So, relax... Im not criticizing him. I have no problem with anything he did. Stop assuming everything is an attack.. Not everybody hates the Red Sox.

Well dammit the baseball board has been slow. I just wanted to talk to anybody about anything. :)

Paps is ok in my book. He's a goofball but you need those loose-y goose-y types of people on your team. If everyone was wound tight, it wouldn't be good for the team.

• 1 month later...

Archived