PSL Survey

4HCrew

No, they won't stay static, but do you want your tickets to increase by 10-20% or 150-200% like they did for the Patriots?

BZ

There is one big difference there, the Pats have won 4 Super Bowls and been to another in the past 7 years. Since Woody bought the team, I am pretty sure that ticket prices have doubled and we have nothing to show for it. We get increases following a 4-12 season, so much for getting what you pay for.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is one big difference there, the Pats have won 4 Super Bowls and been to another in the past 7 years. Since Woody bought the team, I am pretty sure that ticket prices have doubled and we have nothing to show for it. We get increases following a 4-12 season, so much for getting what you pay for.

Exactly.

If you're getting what you pay for the Jets should've dropped the damn prices instead of raising them, both tickets and parking, after a 4-12 season. New England has every right to raise their prices when they've been close to winning five championships since 2001 and have actually won three of them.

Most teams do not raise their prices after a losing season, especially a 4-12 season. Actually, aside from the Jets, please show me one.

Going by your logic, the Browns and Cardinals never should have built new stadiums and raised prices. They both suck, sucked and have never won a Super Bowl. Why get new stadiums at all?

BZ

Going by your logic, the Browns and Cardinals never should have built new stadiums and raised prices. They both suck, sucked and have never won a Super Bowl. Why get new stadiums at all?

BZ

Raise the prices after 2006 then. Why didn't they raise the prices then when they knew they were going to build a new stadium? Hmmm? The Cardinals and Browns are also bad examples. There are no Cardinal fans and Cleveland fans would've payed anything to get their team back.

No, they won't stay static, but do you want your tickets to increase by 10-20% or 150-200% like they did for the Patriots?

BZ

Here are the facts about Pats ticket prices. I sit in the lower bowl, on the sideline, 9 rows from the field:

2001: $49 (Foxboro Stadium)

2002: $99 (Gillette Stadium opened)

2003: $99

2004: $99

2005: $124

2006: $124

2007: $124

2008: $169

Parking has always been expensive was $40 last year. In the 7 years Gillette has been open tickets have gone up $70, or $10 per year.

No PSL's, 5 AFC Championship Game appearances, 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Super Bowl wins.

What do lower bowl, sideline tickets cost for the Jets the season? How much were they in 2001?

So the prices DOUBLED from the old to the new stadium, no ownership, $5,000 transfer fees.

Stadiums and ticket prices have NOTHING to do with actual team performance, so that is a null point.

For my tickets, they have gone up $15 in 6 years.

2003: $60

2004: $60

2005: $60

2006: $65

2007: $70

2008: $75

BZ

So the prices DOUBLED from the old to the new stadium, no ownership, $5,000 transfer fees.

Stadiums and ticket prices have NOTHING to do with actual team performance, so that is a null point.

For my tickets, they have gone up $15 in 6 years.

2003: $60

2004: $60

2005: $60

2006: $65

2007: $70

2008: $75

BZ

You sit in the upper deck. I need an apples to apples comparison. Apart from Club Seats, my tickets are the most expensive at Foxboro.

What were the prices in 2001 and 2002?

http://www.jetkingdom.com/fans/jake/jets-ticket-prices-up-in-5-2006

In 2001:

Jets FCI: 327.58 ($303.33 NFL Average)

Pats FCI: 284.98 ($303.33 NFL Average)

in 2007:

Jets FCI: 425.28 ($367.31 NFL Average)

Pats FCI: 482.47 ($367.31 NFL Average)

That is an increase of 30% for the Jets and 69% for the Pats.

The Pats went from being way below the NFL average in 2001 ($303.33) to the most expensive team in the NFL in 2007!

Oh and you know what year they become the most expensive? I will let you have three guesses..... That is right! 2002 in your brand new stadium that Robert Kraft paid for with his OWN MONEY. (sarcasm).

Facts are all right here.

http://www.teammarketing.com/fancost/nfl/

BZ

(FCI is Fan Cost Index and calculates the TOTAL cost of going to a game, not just tickets like the Patriots have the HIGHEST cost of parking in the NFL for Foxboro MA.)

Can someone please help me out? What is the cost of a lower bowl sideline ticket at the Meadowlands?

I know that an endzone ticket costs $80 this year.

124: What was the price of your endzone ticket in 2001?

BZ: If you want to fork over $$ for PSL's then good for you.

I think that 99.9% of Jets fans would take the Patriots model over what your man Woody wants to do.

Can someone please help me out? What is the cost of a lower bowl sideline ticket at the Meadowlands?

I know that an endzone ticket costs $80 this year.

124: What was the price of your endzone ticket in 2001?

BZ: If you want to fork over $$ for PSL's then good for you.

I think that 99.9% of Jets fans would take the Patriots model over what your man Woody wants to do.

Than 99.9% of the Jets fans are as dumb as Patriots fans. :)

Kraft is just making you guys pay for it every single game FOREVER, while the Jets/Giants are making you pay for it up front BUT are giving you the oppurtunitity to sell it at market rate later.

BZ

Than 99.9% of the Jets fans are as dumb as Patriots fans. :)

Kraft is just making you guys pay for it every single game FOREVER, while the Jets/Giants are making you pay for it up front BUT are giving you the oppurtunitity to sell it at market rate later.

BZ

Hey BZ thats so not the case you JACKWAD.As a Jets fan im so sick and tired of getting bent over year after year.We WIN nothing but yet we see increase after increase.A new stadium all at a cost,its just a matter of how much will people pay for the same BULL**** week after week.

Can you sell the PSL or get a REFUND if you opt out 3 years after paying for it????????

http://www.jetkingdom.com/fans/jake/jets-ticket-prices-up-in-5-2006

In 2001:

Jets FCI: 327.58 ($303.33 NFL Average)

Pats FCI: 284.98 ($303.33 NFL Average)

in 2007:

Jets FCI: 425.28 ($367.31 NFL Average)

Pats FCI: 482.47 ($367.31 NFL Average)

That is an increase of 30% for the Jets and 69% for the Pats.

The Pats went from being way below the NFL average in 2001 ($303.33) to the most expensive team in the NFL in 2007!

Oh and you know what year they become the most expensive? I will let you have three guesses..... That is right! 2002 in your brand new stadium that Robert Kraft paid for with his OWN MONEY. (sarcasm).

Facts are all right here.

http://www.teammarketing.com/fancost/nfl/

BZ

(FCI is Fan Cost Index and calculates the TOTAL cost of going to a game, not just tickets like the Patriots have the HIGHEST cost of parking in the NFL for Foxboro MA.)

What did you pay for tickets in 2001 and 2002? You haven't answered that question. I don't give a crap about the Fan Cost Index as it's a very flawed stat.

BTW: I think Max's ticket prices in the mezzanine are over $100. I think he said they were $105 a piece if I'm not mistaken.

He is paying those prices in a Stadium that was built in the '70's. At least I pay for a Stadium that was built in this decade.

What did you pay for tickets in 2001 and 2002? You haven't answered that question. I don't give a crap about the Fan Cost Index as it's a very flawed stat.

BTW: I think Max's ticket prices in the mezzanine are over $100. I think he said they were $105 a piece if I'm not mistaken.

He is paying those prices in a Stadium that was built in the '70's. At least I pay for a Stadium that was built in this decade.

You don't give a crap, because you have your head in the sand. Your cost of going to games went up 47% from 2001 to 2002, but you guys still think Kraft paid for it himself.

At least you are getting it though, you PAY for that stadium and us Jets/Giants fans are going to PAY for this one, just like Cowboy fans, etc, etc, etc.

BZ

You don't give a crap, because you have your head in the sand. Your cost of going to games went up 47% from 2001 to 2002, but you guys still think Kraft paid for it himself.

At least you are getting it though, you PAY for that stadium and us Jets/Giants fans are going to PAY for this one, just like Cowboy fans, etc, etc, etc.

BZ

I don't pay up front for the "privilege" of buying season tickets.

Below are the 2008 ticket prices for the Pats:

2008 PATRIOTS TICKET PRICES

Lower Level Sideline - $169

Lower Level Corner/End Zone - $117

Mezzanine Level Corner/End Zone - $117

Upper Level Sideline - $89

Upper Level Corner (Rows 1-7) - $89

Upper Level Corner (Rows 8-26) - $65

Standing Room - $49

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=30945&pcid=47&rss=1

You sit in the upper level sideline right? Those tickets are only $14 more for the Pats than they are for the Jets, even though the Pats play in a new Stadium.

Your "argument" is a joke.

Gainzo you WIN he has NOTHING.

The NYJETS are screwing the fans few see the reality others play dumb.

I don't want to win. Kraft has F'd me over many times but at least he didn't implement PSL's.

I gave up my season tickets this year (sold them to a friend of mine) but they are still in my name. I may go back in 2009.

I still can't believe BZ is throwing Kraft under the bus to try and make his point.

I don't pay up front for the "privilege" of buying season tickets.

Below are the 2008 ticket prices for the Pats:

2008 PATRIOTS TICKET PRICES

Lower Level Sideline - $169

Lower Level Corner/End Zone - $117

Mezzanine Level Corner/End Zone - $117

Upper Level Sideline - $89

Upper Level Corner (Rows 1-7) - $89

Upper Level Corner (Rows 8-26) - $65

Standing Room - $49

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=30945&pcid=47&rss=1

You sit in the upper level sideline right? Those tickets are only $14 more for the Pats than they are for the Jets, even though the Pats play in a new Stadium.

Your "argument" is a joke.

Man, I hope you bring an accountant whenever you go shopping.

The point I was trying to make, which you are avoiding like the plague, is that Kraft didn't pay for the new stadium, the fans did and do.

The cost of going to the game went up almost 50% from 2001 (old stadium) to 2002 (new stadium) and has continued to be the highest in the entire NFL. He built a $350 million dollar stadium in the woods and you are paying for it. Every time you park ($40 in the woods) every time you buy a program or a beer. You are paying for it.

Yes, you didn't have to pay a PSL, but in essence you are paying that price and have been for the last 5 years.

All I am trying to say to someone who has any sense, is that a new stadium will cost the fans, the advertisers, the team, everyone money. PSLs are just one of the ways of financing it, another is to just jack prices up 50% the next year. Either way, you pay. I pay, we pay.

There are pros and cons to both approaches, PSLs have upsides (resell) and downsides (up front costs). Jacking prices has an upside (no up front costs) and some downsides (no resale, outrageous fees).

Our stadium is going to cost the team double what it cost Kraft (Patriot fans) but at least with PSLs we have the right to resell them if we want.

BZ

Gainzo New York is a captive audience venue. Many will pay the price many wont. I dont see the NYJETS selling 60,000 PSL season tickets.If you research the online ticket sites there are an over abundance of tickets available for the 2008 season.

This PSL cost is nothing more than a money maker.Anyone who sees it differently better wake the hell up.I had season tickets for 14 years. I donated alot of money to the NYJETS fund.This new stadium wasnt a smoke screen for me. i can purchase tickets online and not pay the PSL fee.

The point I was trying to make, which you are avoiding like the plague, is that Kraft didn't pay for the new stadium, the fans did and do.

The cost of going to the game went up almost 50% from 2001 (old stadium) to 2002 (new stadium) and has continued to be the highest in the entire NFL. He built a $350 million dollar stadium in the woods and you are paying for it. Every time you park ($40 in the woods) every time you buy a program or a beer. You are paying for it.

Yes, you didn't have to pay a PSL, but in essence you are paying that price and have been for the last 5 years.

All I am trying to say to someone who has any sense, is that a new stadium will cost the fans, the advertisers, the team, everyone money. PSLs are just one of the ways of financing it, another is to just jack prices up 50% the next year. Either way, you pay. I pay, we pay.

There are pros and cons to both approaches, PSLs have upsides (resell) and downsides (up front costs). Jacking prices has an upside (no up front costs) and some downsides (no resale, outrageous fees).

Our stadium is going to cost the team double what it cost Kraft (Patriot fans) but at least with PSLs we have the right to resell them if we want.

BZ

DOUBLE yes absolutely and 2 teams are PAYING for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna buy some swamp land in W.Virgina..................:)

BZ

We all knew that the price was going to double when Gillette opened. $49 to $99 wasn't bad at all as we didn't have to spend $1k-$5k for the right to purchase tickets.

Can you please tell me what you paid for Jets tickets in 2001 & 2002?

Do you really think that ticket prices at the new Jets/Giants Stadium will be less than the Pats when it opens? You can't. Not only will you pay more per ticket than the Pats, you will have to buy a PSL.

Can you sell the PSL or get a REFUND if you opt out 3 years after paying for it????????

Since the Jets technically havent annouced they are having PSL's there is nothing in place for rules.

There is no blanket rules when it comes to PSL's. The Jets can do whatever they feel.

But No team allows you to opt out and get a refund. Your option is sell it. If you decide to not buy tickets you lose your psl and all monies paid towards it.

BZ is right, we are either going to pay for it with increased ticket prices through the roof or PSL's that minimize ticket price increase.

The most important thing to remember is the team must share the ticket price... 40% to the visiting team. A PSL fee is not shared with other teams. Therefore Woody makes more money off of it.

We all knew that the price was going to double when Gillette opened. $49 to $99 wasn't bad at all as we didn't have to spend $1k-$5k for the right to purchase tickets.

Can you please tell me what you paid for Jets tickets in 2001 & 2002?

Do you really think that ticket prices at the new Jets/Giants Stadium will be less than the Pats when it opens? You can't. Not only will you pay more per ticket than the Pats, you will have to buy a PSL.

Gainzo- I cant remember exactly, but I believe my seats were like 50/60 bucks a piece per game.

now its over 100.

I'll have to check the old price when I go back to NY july 4th... still have a bunch of old ticket stubs...

Gainzo- I cant remember exactly, but I believe my seats were like 50/60 bucks a piece per game.

now its over 100.

I'll have to check the old price when I go back to NY july 4th... still have a bunch of old ticket stubs...

Thanks for that Jay. BZ sits in the nosebleeds.

IMO: He doesn't have a dog in this fight.

One thing that is being overlooked in all of this is the cost of lighting. Folks it ain't cheap.

They have blue for the Giants.

Red for Rutgers.

White for special events.

And Green for the Jets.

That is 4 sets of bulbs people. That is why this stadium is so expensive. We have to pay more. Just stop all your crying and send them money already.

The stadium will be green people. And it has cup holders. Send money fast.

:P

The mezzanine seats for Jets games are $115. I would need to do some research (too lazy) but I believe they were around $60-65 in 2001. Woody's track record as far as ticket increases is very poor and there is no reason to believe that he will change going forward. As far as having no obligation to provide a good product for the entertainment dollar, well sometimes there is no legal or moral requirement to do anything but some people just have class enough to "do the right thing" whether they are required to or not.

The mezzanine seats for Jets games are $115. I would need to do some research (too lazy) but I believe they were around $60-65 in 2001. Woody's track record as far as ticket increases is very poor and there is no reason to believe that he will change going forward. As far as having no obligation to provide a good product for the entertainment dollar, well sometimes there is no legal or moral requirement to do anything but some people just have class enough to "do the right thing" whether they are required to or not.

Yes it has just about doubled in that timeframe. Scary thought.

Sucks that this will probably be my last year as a season ticket holder. I know people tell us to not take it personally. But I have been going every Sunday since 1988. So it is going to be weird not being there.

But life does go on...

Sucks that this will probably be my last year as a season ticket holder. I know people tell us to not take it personally. But I have been going every Sunday since 1988. So it is going to be weird not being there.

But life does go on...

The cost of the tickets puts things in perspective- either providing for your family or going to a football game-easy choice to make right there.

The cost of the tickets puts things in perspective- either providing for your family or going to a football game-easy choice to make right there.

It is an easy choice. I just wish my family would stop complaining. I am going to the game end of story. The car payment will have to be late. :P

But life does go on...

i do wonder how much people will be selling individual tixs for. if they try to wrap the psl's into their price, will there be a demand?

i also wonder if like so many other teams, will there now be tickets available on ticketmaster.

it should be interesting.

It is an easy choice. I just wish my family would stop complaining. I am going to the game end of story. The car payment will have to be late. :P

Yeah

Tell Lauren not to expect any more family outings -camping trips out will be in your backyard.

Archived