It's Been Nice...

SoFlaJets

being able to watch the Yankees for free the last couple days as DTV was doing a freebee promotion. Baseball really looks great in HD-I may have to consider getting the MLB package for 32 bucks a month the rest of the season. The Yanks seem to have a nice mixture of youngsters and vets...before the Marlins came along we used to get 35 Yankees games a year down here-I hate NL baseball

being able to watch the Yankees for free the last couple days as DTV was doing a freebee promotion. Baseball really looks great in HD-I may have to consider getting the MLB package for 32 bucks a month the rest of the season. The Yanks seem to have a nice mixture of youngsters and vets...before the Marlins came along we used to get 35 Yankees games a year down here-I hate NL baseball

You can swing the 32 bucks... go for it!

I have DTV and don't get My9,so I miss all the Friday games. I thought that free promotion would let me see it last week, but I got a "not available in your area" message.

I hate these crooks from DTV. If I could get cable, or if Dish Network carried YES, I'd dump these bastards in a heartbeat.

It's not DTV that blocks your game. The same happens here in San Diego. You don't get the local games. The teams have exclusive rights with certain channels that prevents DTV from showing the games. I have the MLB package and I can't see any Madre games.

I have DTV and don't get My9,so I miss all the Friday games. I thought that free promotion would let me see it last week, but I got a "not available in your area" message.

I hate these crooks from DTV. If I could get cable, or if Dish Network carried YES, I'd dump these bastards in a heartbeat.

It's not DTV.

Every Major League team has a designated "area' that is considered their exclusive territory. And that means games are blacked out and not able to be shown with the local team, other than over the air broadcasts.

Some of these territories are HUGE. If you would see one of these maps, you would say WTF, especially for some of the Midwest teams where their eclusive territory covers several states.

There is some reform going on to shrink thesese territories and have them make more sense.

Archived