Glen Perkins

Matt39

I've been wont to knock Girardi. But given the awful offense, not having Damon in there is nuts. There's 40-odd games left, and they will need to win probably 3/4s of them to sniff a playoff spot. Rest at the end of the season. Unless he's given up.

I am not going to be going all anti Girardi tonight, because I honestly don't see the need to....

BUT

Top of the 8th Inning. Due up. Melky Cabrera, Justin Christian, Derek Jeter. Melky Cabrera gets out. Johnny Damon on the bench, and he leaves Christian at the plate. If this guy doesn't even know when the pinch hit people, how can you expect him to do anything else right?

its was damons day off and giambi is just so horrible that theres no reason to play him

maybe he shouldve put damon in but coming off the bench isnt that good its like a 1 outta 10 chance of a hit.

And even though theres very little chance, you still go with Johnny Damon over Justin Christian any day.

I am trying to say nothing negative, but Girardi is really doing his best to get me angry.

And even though theres very little chance, you still go with Johnny Damon over Justin Christian any day.

I am trying to say nothing negative, but Girardi is really doing his best to get me angry.

i would go wwith damon over melky i mean he got a 0 outta 10 chance of gettin a hit.

No argument here. He said he didn't want to play Damon on turf three days in a row. SO DH HIM. The Yankees have to go on a miraculous run to even THINK about making the playoffs, and Justin Christian, Melky Cabrera, and Richie Sexson are in the lineup? Come on Joe. That was a Torre lineup if I've ever seen one.

The thing I absolutely HATE about Girardi is that he plays the cliche matchups much too much. Particularly being scared ****less of putting lefties in a lineup against a left-handed pitcher.

He needs to take a look at the stats. Damon hits .292 against lefties. Giambi has a .919 OPS against lefties. NTM lefties were hitting .330 off Perkins coming into tonight. There is NO NEED to sit them just because there's an old baseball saying that lefty on lefty is a tougher matchup.

The thing I absolutely HATE about Girardi is that he plays the cliche matchups much too much. Particularly being scared ****less of putting lefties in a lineup against a left-handed pitcher.

He needs to take a look at the stats. Damon hits .292 against lefties. Giambi has a .919 OPS against lefties. NTM lefties were hitting .330 off Perkins coming into tonight. There is NO NEED to sit them just because there's an old baseball saying that lefty on lefty is a tougher matchup.

Yeah, when the Yankees have a matchup against lefty pitchers, this is a lineup I think I would go with:

Damon LF/CF

Jeter SS

Abreu RF

Rodriguez 3B

Giambi DH

Nady CF/LF

Sexson 1B

Cano 2B

Pudge C

That way, we get Damon in the lineup, we get Melky out of the lineup, we get both Giambi, and Sexson's bat in the lineup. So we have Sexson's stats against the lefty's as well as Giambi, and Damon's. I know Abreu is no good against LHP, but it's either him Melky, or Christian, tell me who you'd rather have in the lineup.

He needs to cut the **** out with the LHP matchups. When is he going to realize that crap doesn't work.

Yeah, when the Yankees have a matchup against lefty pitchers, this is a lineup I think I would go with:

Damon LF/CF

Jeter SS

Abreu RF

Rodriguez 3B

Giambi DH

Nady CF/LF

Sexson 1B

Cano 2B

Pudge C

That way, we get Damon in the lineup, we get Melky out of the lineup, we get both Giambi, and Sexson's bat in the lineup. So we have Sexson's stats against the lefty's as well as Giambi, and Damon's. I know Abreu is no good against LHP, but it's either him Melky, or Christian, tell me who you'd rather have in the lineup.

He needs to cut the **** out with the LHP matchups. When is he going to realize that crap doesn't work.

I agree. Girardi is platoon crazy.

I wouldn't mind playing Nady/Damon rotating between CF/LF everyday. I don't even care if they're inadequate defenders; Melky's offense is so horrendous that it won't matter. He honestly might be the worst player in Major League Baseball right now.

Archived