Clowney Injury?

madmike1

Why is everyone so concerened? Clowney would be a nice deep threat but realistically he would only catch at most, 20 passes. Smith, Keller and Stuckey will be platooning that 3rd WR spot, not to mention Washington comes in with some regularity while Jones is on the field. If they aren't doing a split backfield or one on each side of the QB in a shotgun, Leon will be split wide.

It would be nice to have clowney stretching the field but come on, he was a 4th receiver at best.

I'm 100% against getting a vet at this point. I want the 1st round pick and a couple unknowns to get a shot. You never know what we have until they play. Let them play.

Why is everyone so concerened? Clowney would be a nice deep threat but realistically he would only catch at most, 20 passes. Smith, Keller and Stuckey will be platooning that 3rd WR spot, not to mention Washington comes in with some regularity while Jones is on the field. If they aren't doing a split backfield or one on each side of the QB in a shotgun, Leon will be split wide.

It would be nice to have clowney stretching the field but come on, he was a 4th receiver at best.

I'm 100% against getting a vet at this point. I want the 1st round pick and a couple unknowns to get a shot. You never know what we have until they play. Let them play.

A WR deep threat won't hurt Keller's progression. In fact it will help open up the middle of the field for him.

A WR deep threat won't hurt Keller's progression. In fact it will help open up the middle of the field for him.

I guess I'm still in the camp, right or wrong, that Keller is the one that can stretch the field. Not in the same way a WR does it but he can and IMO, will keep the safeties and linebackers trailing him on the seam routes.

As has been stated multiple times, Cotchery and Coles are not burners but they are fast enough to keep teams reasonably honest. I just don't think we'd find anyone right now that is worth a damn in the deep game at this point in August.

I guess I'm still in the camp, right or wrong, that Keller is the one that can stretch the field. Not in the same way a WR does it but he can and IMO, will keep the safeties and linebackers trailing him on the seam routes.

As has been stated multiple times, Cotchery and Coles are not burners but they are fast enough to keep teams reasonably honest. I just don't think we'd find anyone right now that is worth a damn in the deep game at this point in August.

I totally agree, and there is a chance Clowny will be back after the bye anyway.

There is no way this team is carrying six receivers. Not a chance. Clowney will be placed on the PUP list and either Wright or Henry will claim the 5th receiver position. The other will be released with a possible assignment to the PSquad, but I believe Wright wouldn't be eligible for that, but I may be wrong.

At any time before Week 6 Clowney can be activated from the PUP list and return to the team. At that point the team could carry six receivers, but they won't go into the regular season with six actives because then they would need to release one to make room for Clowney who will return.

Archived