Clowney Injury?

madmike1

Bad news...

New York Jets' Clowney injures collar bone in loss to Redskins

Posted by dhutchin August 17, 2008 12:01PM

Jets wide receiver David Clowney, who is having a sensational training camp and is the team's leading receiver in the preseason, suffered a collar bone injury in the 13-10 loss to Washington on Saturday that may sideline him for at least several weeks if not longer, according to someone with knowledge of the injury.

That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he's not authorized to speak for the Jets or Clowney.

During the game, the Jets announced Clowney had a shoulder injury. Clowney, who was hurt in the third quarter on a 14-yard catch, is scheduled to undergo further tests Sunday.

Clowney, who has eight catches for 222 yards and two touchdowns this preseason, has emerged as the surprise of training camp and the speedy deep threat the Jets have been searching for.

Last week, the former Packer draft pick had four catches for 163 yards and two touchdowns (70 and 71 yards) vs. the Browns. He had four catches for 59 yards before being injured vs. the Redskins.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2008/08/clowney_injuries_collar_bone.html

Bad news...

Jets wide receiver David Clowney, who is having a sensational training camp and is the team's leading receiver in the preseason, suffered a collar bone injury in the 13-10 loss to Washington on Saturday that may sideline him for at least several weeks if not longer, according to someone with knowledge of the injury.

That person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he's not authorized to speak for the Jets or Clowney.

During the game, the Jets announced Clowney had a shoulder injury. Clowney, who was hurt in the third quarter on a 14-yard catch, is scheduled to undergo further tests Sunday.

Clowney, who has eight catches for 222 yards and two touchdowns this preseason, has emerged as the surprise of training camp and the speedy deep threat the Jets have been searching for.

Last week, the former Packer draft pick had four catches for 163 yards and two touchdowns (70 and 71 yards) vs. the Browns. He had four catches for 59 yards before being injured vs. the Redskins.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit. I hope they don't try to hide him. I'd reserve a spot on the roster for him and wait. His potential is too good to risk losing to somebody.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damnit. I hope they don't try to hide him. I'd reserve a spot on the roster for him and wait. His potential is too good to risk losing to somebody.

Who would want an injured, unproven, WR?

My guess is we keep till the end of camp, put him on waivers, and reserve a PS spot for him. If he heals well, we can take him back on the team.

My guess is we keep till the end of camp, put him on waivers, and reserve a PS spot for him. If he heals well, we can take him back on the team.

Two 70 yard TD receptions, albeit in a pre-season game, might have got somebody's attention. Hell, Bellichick scoops up a POS like Anthony Clement just because he is an ex-Jet. I guarantee he'd jump on this guy.

exactly......Romeo Crennel saw what he could do and he is from the same tree and Beli and Mangini. If we play with this guy, we will lose...

I agree, no way do you expose Clowney. The Cheater would probably scoop him up. Just hope it's nothing serious. It figures though - last year it was Stuckey tearing it up and now this.

Bad news...

Hopefully he comes back for the Pats game. He looks like he'll be a great #3 reciever behind Cotchery and Coles.

Hopefully he comes back for the Pats game. He looks like he'll be a great #3 reciever behind Cotchery and Coles.

And looking at the Pat's 1st string defense in the first half against the Bucs, he would not want to miss that fun. They looked terrible.

Two 70 yard TD receptions, albeit in a pre-season game, might have got somebody's attention. Hell, Bellichick scoops up a POS like Anthony Clement just because he is an ex-Jet. I guarantee he'd jump on this guy.

Difference is this guy is injured, and never even got a shot with the 1st team. Bad as he is/was, Clement was healthy and had plenty of playing experience when Belly scooped him up.

Difference is this guy is injured, and never even got a shot with the 1st team. Bad as he is/was, Clement was healthy and had plenty of playing experience when Belly scooped him up.

Hopefully, he will be back soon or as Sperm said, they would put him on PUP. I would hate to be right on this one.

Don't release him and don't I.R. him either. As Sperm said, PUP him and at that point you can bring him back after Week 6 if he's ready to go and if not then he is placed on I.R.. Pretty simple concept folks, no?

Other injury notes:

Shaun Ellis has a broken hand and Mangini says that he doesn't believe that it will carry into the regular season and Coles missed his second straight game with what appears to be a hamstring injury. We need these two in the lineup.

Exactly, he still hasn't proven anything.

Would you guys still feel that way if it were Lowery? I think you'd be singing a different tune if he were a Jets 4th rounder. The guy didn't last on the PS last year. That's how the Jets ended up with him. He was a 4th or 5th rounder from the Pack.

3 or 4 weeks isn't terrible. He can still continue work in the classroom and with a shoulder injury he can still ride a bike and maintain a decent level cardio wise.

So when he gets back hopefully he can continue to impress. I feel confident that he has made this team though.

could be bad, ONLY if he needs surgery.

i broke mine about 4 years ago in practice. i couldn't play for 5 weeks, afterwards i as fine. so if it's a clean break, all is good.

the worst part is if you move in a certain way, it paralyzes that side of your body, very painful, extremely nerve racking

There is a need to go out and get a legitimate WR.Clowney would have fit that need perfectly ,but with the luck of the NYJETS this happens.

Yes with the luck of the NYJ this does happen ,but maybe this small piece of bad luck deflects anything thing else bad happening that you all thought had to happen cause we were lucky enough to get Brett in the first place!!! I think everything goes perfect for the team from here on out! It`s going to be an awesome year to be a JET Fan as long as you don`t count the PSL`s comming....

not as huge a loss as people are making it out to be

Clowney was a nice preseason player but we don't know if that would have translated into games. He goes on IR.

Henry makes the team instead of the psquad

6 WR

Coles

Cotchery

Smith

Stuckey

Wright

Henry

not as huge a loss as people are making it out to be

Clowney was a nice preseason player but we don't know if that would have translated into games. He goes on IR.

Henry makes the team instead of the psquad

6 WR

Coles

Cotchery

Smith

Stuckey

Wright

Henry

I like those 6 with Clowney on PUP. They are young and want it. No primadonna's.

No, he should be placed on PUP, sounds like he may be able to return in 6 weeks, so PUP is the perfect place for him.

If he doesn't have to go through waivers PUP is surly the place for him. he would come back after the Bye. Not a biggie.

Would like to have him for the Pats and Chargers, but it sure could be worst. A collar bone break is not the kind injury that will have lasting effects, plus maybe a guy like Ball, or Henry will have some time to impress

Archived